Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diverdown60 View Post
    "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, he he. Ha ha, he he, ha ha!"

Taz71 - Is that an airport security cam photo? :-)
    Yeah, they claimed it was just cause to give me a cavity search! They claimed to be looking for pirated culture club cassettes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

How’s your weather down there? We are getting hammered here today.
      It was awesome when I flew out, I’m in Mississippi now, weather here is great.

Comment

Horror stories to scare children.

Comment

Lol at this thread! Love it ????

Comment

I flew into Heathrow recently. Not only did they spot my Rolex sub rep’s rehaut engraving was slightly out from centre a mile off and took it off of me, they then forced me into a strip search where they discovered my fake Calvin Klein boxers and my dubious origin Vera Wang aftershave.
            They made me take a shower to get rid of the counterfeit odour, and then I had the shame of walking through arrivals totally commando.

I felt totally naked and vulnerable. I’m sure everyone was looking at me, and judging me.

I’ve never felt the cold breeze wash over my bare wrist like that before.

Comment

Comment

Just in case anyone is still under the illusion that any of the above is true let me say that possession of a rep in the US is not even a criminal offence so why would either mob show the slightest interest in the fact you have one on? OK I wouldn't be coming thru customs with a dozen reps but mainly in case they thought they were gens and I copped an import charge. You are quite safe traveling with two or three watches.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                ************************************************** *************
                hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

I don't know about America but in some Asian countries I think you have to be careful. I flew into Mumbai International airport. They only scanned my hand luggage upon seeing 2 of my Noob Daytonas new and fresh from China. He said you have 2 watches in your luggage. I said yes and they are mine. Then he said I need to see them. My heart started pounding like no tomorrow. Then I said I'm in a rush I have to go. He asked what brand. I said Casio and Seiko. Then he said again I need to see them and said go to the officers near him. As he turned away, I just power walked out the door and found a taxi as fast as I could to get out like a spy hiding disguise in a movie.

These assholes target foreign people. I don't think it was legit. I think he either wanted to see the watches to see if they would looked good on his wrist to keep or to get a bribe. I was lucky but extremely pissed. If he had seen them, I wouldn't have won because they look so good to someone like him - if I said they were reps he wouldn't believe me and asked for gen tax rates or (b) take them to "destroy" (but really take for himself). To my knowledge at least 2 watches there should be no legal issue.

This is a true story btw
                  Last edited by Anubiis; 18-10-18, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubiis View Post
                    I don't know about America but in some Asian countries I think you have to be careful. I flew into Mumbai International airport. They only scanned my hand luggage upon seeing 2 of my Noob Daytonas new and fresh from China. He said you have 2 watches in your luggage. I said yes and they are mine. Then he said I need to see them. My heart started pounding like no tomorrow. Then I said I'm in a rush I have to go. He asked what brand. I said Casio and Seiko. Then he said again I need to see them and said go to the officers near him. As he turned away, I just power walked out the door and found a taxi as fast as I could to get out like a spy hiding disguise in a movie.

These assholes target foreign people. I don't think it was legit. I think he either wanted to see the watches to see if they would looked good on his wrist to keep or to get a bribe. I was lucky but extremely pissed. If he had seen them, I wouldn't have won because they look so good to someone like him - if I said they were reps he wouldn't believe me and asked for gen tax rates or (b) take them to "destroy" (but really take for himself). To my knowledge at least 2 watches there should be no legal issue.

This is a true story btw
                    Saw a video on youtube of a guy travelling from Tokyo to Seoul with two gen rolex in his checked-in luggage (how careless must you be??!): when he received his luggage at the belt it was locked and he had to go to customs to open it (random check). When they found the watch they said, you cannot bring this into the country, this stays here with us until you fly back to your country, otherwise you have to pay import taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rod View Post

Saw a video on youtube of a guy travelling from Tokyo to Seoul with two gen rolex in his checked-in luggage (how careless must you be??!): when he received his luggage at the belt it was locked and he had to go to customs to open it (random check). When they found the watch they said, you cannot bring this into the country, this stays here with us until you fly back to your country, otherwise you have to pay import taxes.
                      Yeah it would have ended like that but from the way this guy was behaving I don't think I would have got them back. He never made eye contact, Kept asking me and looking away. Is this the actual procedure when bringing watches to asian countries where they hold it? And then the other argument is the import tax is for brand new items yeah? Not for used or without box papers. I don't get it.

Comment

its all jokes, u are good traveling anywhere but geneva

Comment

Try to traveling without Rolex it’s really nightmare Brand...

Comment

They are not going to check what you're wearing unless you've got a suitcase full of replica watches you're pulling behind you. They also cannot just seize property without a reason (like if you're suspected of money laundering/smuggling). In fact, the stuff they don't allow past security is still technically yours, you *can* have someone take it from you & give them instructions later, or if you have the opportunity, go back & check it. But since you're in a shit situation, most people just "throw it away".

Comment

Not yet, but looking forward to it

Comment

No way, wear your reps like it's going out of style!! Security doesn't care or even think twice about this type of thing

Comment

Working...
                                X