• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Glad you all are having a good time

It's not illegal to own reps.

TSA are looking out for the safety of the passengers. Cops are looking out for the safety of the citizens above all else. Wearing a fake watch is one of the lowest levels of offense - and law enforcement goes after the sellers, not the owners.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
I am typing this from my cell at San Quentin - block 3 unit 15. They call it the "PC" block aka protective custody. During a flight back from NYC on one fine evening I spotted an obvious fake submariner with bad date mag and white ceramic insert font. I hustled over to the TSA security agent and ratted him out. Unbeknownst to me, the TSA security agent was actually hurk and he saw that i was wearing a vietnam gen spec 1675, but the R on the dial had too short legs, so he proceeded to lock both of us up.

Because of the fact that I ratted the other passenger out, I am now placed in protective custody. The other guy has been throwing little scraps of paper through my cell window every day with some nasty threats.

Send help

I no longer have control of my farts or shits.

Just flows through.

#freehurk
#exitonly
#ouch

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Well according to some on here, if you stand still for more than 20 seconds someone will accost you in order to test if the chrono works on your ARF daytona. So my advice is - do the sharpie mod anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
All
am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).

FYI OP.

Passing through Heathrow Airport with Noob V7
https://forum.replica-watch.info/showthread.php?t=7008501

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Ramils

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
They would also seize if you're wearing something like maybe a rep tom ford underwear or a rep Gucci shirt.... that's no different to me to be honest.. it would be funny if you've been stopped because of wearing a rep watch... wouldn't it... that would actually make me laugh if customs would stop me for a watch I'm wearing..

hasel53128

I'm Pretty Popular
31/8/14
Travelled back once from the Dom republic to UK and was stopped by customs and had suitcase searched. Had about 10 reps in case and 400 Cigarettes.
Got a right Rollicking for the Fags as only allowed 200 and a compliment on the watch collection lol. Got to keep the fags as well.

Think they were more interested in finding drugs

Bustyouup4free

Renowned Member
1/2/14
I've only ever worn a gen 1 time through customs, all other times (about 20), I've been wearing a rep DSSD or my TC 16610 V6. Rep.or Gen never had an issue. I hardly think TSA is there to check your watch. However if you have a bag full of pirated movies, fake clothes and handbags. you might encounter issues. In other words you'll probably be ok ????

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Pomak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/17
Sorry...however, anyone claiming their watch was taken by TSA is either lying or their watch was stolen by TSA. they can't ask you to prove purchase of your apparel. Nonsense. If your home gets raided by feds and you are arrested they cannot confiscate any jewelry that you are wearing on your person even. So technically you can load up like Mr.T if u saw them coming to protect some assests.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Sorry...however, anyone claiming their watch was taken by TSA is either lying or their watch was stolen by TSA. they can't ask you to prove purchase of your apparel. Nonsense. If your home gets raided by feds and you are arrested they cannot confiscate any jewelry that you are wearing on your person even. So technically you can load up like Mr.T if u saw them coming to protect some assests.

Tell that to Uncle Ned

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

How dare you diminish the experiences of our fellow members, they’ve clearly suffered in a way you could NEVER understand!

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17

These TSA agents are getting sneaky. Recently, beginning a "low profile undercover initiative"
select agents also known as "LoProUC" officers have begun infiltrating various replica watch forums. The LoProUC's become actual members of the forum. It all goes back to the "Cold War" techniques used to gain insider information. Once the LPUC officer gains access, they function as the typical low profile member. The LPUC's make posts inquiring secretive inside secrets for topics like "Who makes the best sub" and "Which TD has the Most Gen Like Replica" The information they obtain is then shared with the terminal security top brass.
Often giving the agent a "heads up" on various techniques used to identify replica watches from as far away as 10 feet. Armed with such skills, the agents are able to track down the "RWT" or Replica Watch Traveler before they pass through customs.
Another sneaky tactic being used by the LPUC's is to spread word throughout the replica forums stating "that if anyone claims the TSA agents are confiscating their replica's, they are lying" or "that is nonsense to think they can require you to prove a purchase." This creates a sense of false security for the replica wearing travelers.
"They let their guard down and bam ! we've got em" says Sgt. Smith.
So travelers, be warned you wear a replica and we will get you.

This has been a public service announcement for those that dare to wear replica watches while flying.

Last edited: