• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

rog1079

Horology Curious
18/8/12
For me if you wear one rep there is no problem, you can tell hin that you buy in a shop some years ago...

Repeat.....you do not need to tell anyone when or where you bought a watch. In the US at least it is not illegal to buy a counterfeit watch even though customs can seize it. It is not illegal to own a counterfeit watch. It is only illegal to sell a counterfeit watch. Customs will only give you an issue if you are bringing a bunch of watches back and it has nothing to do with them being fake and everything to do with them believing they are for sale with the person bringing them into the country trying to avoid the duty fees to bring them in for sale. This would happen the same if the watches were genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
This thread delivers. I just wish I could tell apart the folks screwing with people from the ones that legitimately believe this nonsense.

Customs at airports isn’t looking for counterfeit watches, they are looking for people trying to smuggle items purchased abroad into the country without paying the import tax. If you are traveling with a couple watches packed you have nothing to worry about. If you are coming into the country with a suitcase full of watches packaged up in boxes you will run into issues. This would happen with genuine watches as well.

Take the foil hats off people, most of the people in this thread are making fun of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well you say that.

My seadweller franken (mostly gen parts) got confiscated after passing through X-ray, the security guy said they could see the movement tabs that held the clone 3135 in the case and that no gen Rolex would have these. He went on to tell me how they did a 7 day intense course at rolex HQ on how to spot Rolex reps during X-ray. The guy was good, there was a Bin full of reps next to his scanner! I spotted a noob v6s with prof xtal and a TCv7x. he said that one was easy due to the 2824 inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk