• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who is your favorite AP RO JF seller?

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Hello. New here. Please no roasts or judgments lol.

I’m seriously itching to make my first rep purchase. I’m almost certain that I want an AP RO 33mm quartz. And I want it soon. I know this topic has been discussed over and over but I can’t find one post on the 33mm quartz (I’m a woman so I don’t think I should start with a larger one).

Who is your favorite seller for this type of watch? What is the safest method of payment/ and shipping?

Also - does anyone have a preference over miyota, ETA, or Ronda movements?

Sent from the RWI App

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
All sellers/TDs have access to the same watches - they don't make the watches, they are middle men, sellers.

Quartz reps are, generally speaking, of lower quality than the automatic versions - the factories don't make as much effort on the quartz versions basically. As far as movements go, ETA would probably be the best quality, but Ronda and Miyota are also OK - you're not going to get a 'bad' movement, it's quartz, if it stops buy a new movement for $10. Don't fret too much over choosing the watch - it almost certainly won't be your one and only purchase, once you feel that crack-like-high then you won't be able to stop buying them . . .

Best shipping and payment methods ? Define best. Shipping depends where you are - but avoid DHL.

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
All sellers/TDs have access to the same watches - they don't make the watches, they are middle men, sellers.

Quartz reps are, generally speaking, of lower quality than the automatic versions - the factories don't make as much effort on the quartz versions basically. As far as movements go, ETA would probably be the best quality, but Ronda and Miyota are also OK - you're not going to get a 'bad' movement, it's quartz, if it stops buy a new movement for $10. Don't fret too much over choosing the watch - it almost certainly won't be your one and only purchase, once you feel that crack-like-high then you won't be able to stop buying them . . .

Best shipping and payment methods ? Define best. Shipping depends where you are - but avoid DHL.

I ended up getting the watch from intime. I meant best shipping/payment - as in the safest routes. I paid with cc and the only shipping option was DHL so I hope all goes well with delivery.

Sent from the RWI App