• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! Need more excuses \ occasions \ functions to buy more watches

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I need your creative mind to find more excuses \ occasions to buy more watches.

What do I mean?

I don’t want to buy watches that I’ll not wear. So, I see my collection as a functional collection – every watch has a function – an occasion that I wear this watch. As long as I find a proper occasion that makes sense I convince myself (and the wife) that it is ok to buy a new watch.

Currently, I have a watch to:

1 - Work – when I go with black shoes and belt (JL moonphase – pending order)

2 - Work – when I go with brown shoes and belt (IWC portuguese chrono RG)

3 – Outdoor activity - tips, beach, etc (breitling superocean abyss)

4 – Weekends – when I go with black shoes and belt (breguet classique RG)

5 – Weekends – when I go with brown shoes and belt (breguet classique – pending order)

6 - Weddings \ black tie events (hublot classic fusion black dial)

7 – Casual with friends – beer and stuff (sevenfriday woody)

8 – Work – casual Monday (gen glycine combat 6 classic - you see how creative I can be? :))

9 – Museums/art related occasions (breguet turbi)

I want to add up to 10 more watches to this collection.

As you can see I need to be very creative to convince myself (and the wife that complains that I already have more watches that I need :))

Be creative! help me! ​​​​​​​:)

Thanks guys!

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
How about more than 1 watch per occasion?

For work, you can match with shirt or suit color? Blue suit? Watch with blue strap, blue face, or blue markers.

You can always buy a watch for days with full moons.

A watch for each holiday.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
How about more than 1 watch per occasion?

For work, you can match with shirt or suit color? Blue suit? Watch with blue strap, blue face, or blue markers.

You can always buy a watch for days with full moons.

A watch for each holiday.

Watch for the holidays! great idea!
More please :)

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
I love the topic because I am also thinking On having a watch per occasion.

I would add:

- Diver for the summer/near water activities: Submariner, Fifty Fathoms, ROO or a Panerai Marina/Radiomir

- Non-work related going out with a sheer of class but sporty: VC Overseas, Cartier Santos, AP Royal Oak or a Nautilus

- Sports: Speedmaster (gen), Datejust (tennis), Daytona (cars) or a Big Bang for going on football

- Exploring: Rolex Explorer I

- Travelling: Navitimer or Rolex GMT

- Casual weekend fun with friend and family (no clients): Bell & Ross, Franck Muller Casablanca or a Big Pilot

- Boardroom meetings: Reverso 1931 (discrete without breaking the bank, or showing off more expensive watch than your boss’s)

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I love the topic because I am also thinking On having a watch per occasion.

I would add:

- Diver for the summer/near water activities: Submariner, Fifty Fathoms, ROO or a Panerai Marina/Radiomir

- Non-work related going out with a sheer of class but sporty: VC Overseas, Cartier Santos, AP Royal Oak or a Nautilus

- Sports: Speedmaster (gen), Datejust (tennis), Daytona (cars) or a Big Bang for going on football

- Exploring: Rolex Explorer I

- Travelling: Navitimer or Rolex GMT

- Casual weekend fun with friend and family (no clients): Bell & Ross, Franck Muller Casablanca or a Big Pilot

- Boardroom meetings: Reverso 1931 (discrete without breaking the bank, or showing off more expensive watch than your boss’s)
I like the way you think! A watch for each sport activity is a great idea!
Also exploring?

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
The Rolex Explorer is a companion for when going on a hike, camping, a bbq perhaps even, trekking etc :)

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Lol, this is great!
I'm also thinking about adding "music concerts" category

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
I have separate Watches for casual indoor activities and outdoor activities, with a subsection for : jeans, shorts, and athletic shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
If you start matching accent colors you can buy pretty much unlimited watches, depending on your wardrobe. I work in a suit and tie so I'll take what I do as an examples. I will match the accents on my tie (let's say, the red stripes) with the accents on my pocket square (red flowery pattern). It would look fucking amazing if I had a watch with red accents (à la "fuck em" submariner) that I could also coordinate.

Reactions: Taz71

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
In terms of matching to clothing I match my belt, watch and shoes:
1 black, black strap + ss case + white / silver dial, black - formal meetings during the day
2 Brown, brown strap + rg case + white / silver dial - informal meetings
3 black, black strap + ss case + black dial, black - formal meetings during the evening

I always wear black or brown ties that match...

So this is kinda solve all this angle.

But I was more looking for different activities / functions

Thanks guys!

moneysaver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
Not sure if this helps since you mentioned belt and shoes - but most of the time, when I wear gold buckle belt, i wear a gold watch (black, brown and blue straps to match the belt). Or if it is a silver buckle belt, i wear a silver watch. You get the idea.

moneysaver

3/7/18
The Rolex Explorer is a companion for when going on a hike, camping, a bbq perhaps even, trekking etc :)

Gosh, I can't even imagine wearing a watch when out on a hike. The sweat under the watch is uncontrollable! Lol

Neuf

2/6/18
Why don‘t you try this: Whenever you guys are invited to something and she buys a new dress for the event, you should also be entitled to buy a new watch, which is basically a man‘s equivalent of a dress...Somehow xD

Reactions: PlastikMan

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18
How about the two reasons between your legs. Find those and buy more watches.

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18
Honestly though. I haven’t found mine. I still feel guilty buying watches.....and apologizing to my wife. After the fact that I spend the money but it still counts