• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! Noisy Sub C, w/ 3135. Loooow Power Reserve. Watchmaker in CONUS?

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Hello RWI folks,
I don't post alot, but do try to lurk when time allows. I'm hoping someone can guide me to a recommended Watchsmith who will tackle a noisy 3135, that functions fine, other than low power reserve. (Dies after maybe 8-9 hours overnight with full wind.) (Stays wound while wearing, however there is an unusual rattling noise.)
I got this locally, so I can't identify any TD, maker, version, factory etc., although I have my guesses. Kinda long story on how I got this watch, but I'm hoping someone may recognize something. I also apologize for pics of movement, as I was rushed when taking them with phone.
I also have a Noob v7 Hulk, and this LN feels 'different'. Crown guards, etc. I'm definitely no pro however.
WxS7Fdj.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Cg6CSAl.jpg

jkwmf5N.jpg

VrZVKYb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? Or more importantly, someone who will tackle this 3135 for me?
Thanks in Advance!

warlordofnarnia

Renowned Member
18/1/15
England, Shropshire.
Hi, it may not be the movement that’s faulty. As a rule, rep movements, no matter how well made are not as efficient as their genuine counterparts, usually due to the very fine machining tolerances.

I find that the 3186 movements in particular always stop overnight for me!! The reason?? I’m almost 70, and I don’t get enough exercise during the day to keep the watch fully wound. OK, my iPhone tells me I walk around 10 k a day, but not vigorously. On my winder however, all is well.

Give it a vigorous shaking on the wrist every couple of hours. Should keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Hi Warlordofnarnia,

That was my first suspicion. Then I started giving watch full wind prior to bed, after wearing all day. Almost exactly 7 hrs power reserve.
Watch never stops during the day when wearing.
From reading, it sounds as if may be a 'set mainspring' ?

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Anyone?? Has anyone experienced similar issues with 3135? I'm also trying to determine what will be suitable replacement movement in the event that I can't locate a watchsmith who will service a 3135.