• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I had no idea Tourbillon's made this much noise (Youtube Vid)

okcomputer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/18
When he rotates it around you can see the part that clicks against the metal and it sounds like bells.

YouTube

Was thinking it would be nice to get one to wear to work occasionally but wonder what my office mates would think about the random bell sounds coming from my desk. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvTheCLock

okcomputer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/18
Correction, I did more research and mispoke, apparently the watch doesn't make that noise until you press a button on it. It's called a minute repeater and the bells are like a music box indicating the hours and minutes so you don't have to look at the watch.

"A repeater is a complication in a mechanical watch or clock that audibly chimes the hours and often minutes at the press of a button."

However upon even further research, chiming minute repeaters are not repped yet because they are too complex. So all you get is the tourbillon without the minute repeater in most reps. So that might be the biggest indicicator of it being a rep, if someone asks you to play the minute repeater. Maybe you can keep a spoon and rock in your pocket and chime it a few times to throw them off your trail. lol

For those interested, I found this youtube video that plays the different chimes on tourbillon gen watches for comparison...
YouTube​​​​​​​

Last edited:

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
As you mention, repped tourbillon does not have minute repeater. None of them has it.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Don't worry it'll be long way off till minute repeater movement to be replicated, tourbillon platform even longer. And if you can afford the gen, you wouldn't worry about disturbing your "office mates".