• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 Edition: Which of your watches currently gets the most compliments?

okcomputer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/18
I saw an old thread from 2016 on this but I figure a lot of members have bought new watches since then. So as of 2018, which of your watches are currently getting the most compliments?

I think for users that are looking to buy a new watch, many will ask others to recommend them one. But I think it's very subjective based on tastes and what you plan to wear it with since a watch is also part of your style. But a good starting point is to get survey info on how the average watch does out in the wild with the general population as far as compliments/attention goes. So I think sharing this info is very helpful and can give people ideas on watches to consider.

Pics of your popular watch are appreciated as well. :)

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Franken 088
IMG-20180413-WA0019a93436f119f6a823.jpg

okcomputer

11/4/18
Thanks for sharing guys. I am still looking for a good watch to pick up.

edubbel

27/9/15
Close race between my 5167 with profs AR, and my standard 5711 R grey dial.

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
Good topic but really difficult to say.

I could go safe and say that my two-tone AP 15400, Zenith Pilot GMT and PAM 111 will always get noticed because of their size, color and geometry. But, I would have to go with these four below, which always start a conversation!

And what's a watch topic without pictures :)

1. Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Circled - the 8 formed by the two dials gets noticed immediately

JD%20GSC_zpsuclohdap.jpg

2. Girard Perregaux 1966 Dual Time - fully functional just like the gen

GP%202_zps3pl1zysk.jpg

3. Vacheron Constantin Overseas Ultramarine Blue (old model) - classic but the blue dial is stunning, especially in the sunlight

VCO%20Blue%20Sky_zpsewodtis6.jpg

4. Franck Muller Crazy Hours Color Dreams - I wear this one rarely but, whenever I do, it is THE topic

FM%20Color%20Dreams_zpsfhqiw1cf.jpg

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
**##** photobucket - here are the right photos

1. Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Circled - the 8 formed by the two dials gets noticed immediately

CnEELoc.jpg

iArP8OF.jpg

3. Vacheron Constantin Overseas Ultramarine Blue (old model) - classic but the blue dial is stunning, especially in the sunlight

rpVLSGN.jpg

4. Franck Muller Crazy Hours Color Dreams - I wear this one rarely but, whenever I do, it is THE topic

Q2d0D8I.jpg

Reactions: r0b9502

okcomputer

11/4/18
Black Bay Bronze (XF/V6)

I really want this one too! Did you go with the bronze and blue, brown or red? My only concern is it bronze plated like rose gold where it can rub off? I swore I saw one for sale by a member on a forum and the corner looked like the bronze had wore off and was showing silver. Overall a very nice watch.

okcomputer

11/4/18

Woah that is a nice collection of interesting watches! I really like that crazy hours one and the dual time one. The vacheron does shine very nicely as well.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I really want this one too! Did you go with the bronze and blue, brown or red? My only concern is it bronze plated like rose gold where it can rub off? I swore I saw one for sale by a member on a forum and the corner looked like the bronze had wore off and was showing silver. Overall a very nice watch.

It's the brown/red one, although im considering the blue simply based off the attention it gets . It's solid bronze, not plated - what you probably saw was patina/oxidation on the case

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
my Ploppy, then my YM

Eledhwen

28/2/17

CnEELoc.jpg

iArP8OF.jpg

rpVLSGN.jpg

Q2d0D8I.jpg

If you one day sell your Vacheron Constantin with the blue dial i'll buy it =D

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Mine is natas78 blue sunburst Slytech, followed closely by the blue AP15400.