• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want a gen - help me out guys.

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Lol. “What do David Beckham and lady Gaga have to do with Tudor?”

yes. Lame advertising but good watches. I don’t think it’s a poor mans rolex, but a hidden gem for watch enthusiasts

Reactions: Nivka

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
Rolex is sold all over the world. You can get any Rolex as long as you've got the funds. I've got a friend bought his sub from Dubai on a business trip. All you have to do give a call to an AD and see if they've got in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Rolex is sold all over the world. You can get any Rolex as long as you've got the funds. I've got a friend bought his sub from Dubai on a business trip. All you have to do give a call to an AD and see if they've got in stock.

Thanks junior - find an AD in the UK who has a Sub in stock please...

Reactions: Nivka

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
How is the budget? If its high enough get a AP 15400 way better quality then Rolex and there fucked up QC.

Reactions: kaddy

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
IMHO the two cannot be compared. The BB58 and the Sub are two totally different watches. BB58 is the modern vintage classic diver at the right proportion, it’s beautiful and artistic. The 116610 gives you the feel of ultra high grade tool watch that is as cold as the word “surgical”, there’s no warmth or artistic value about the Sub. Personally I’d take the sub any day as I really enjoy that cold surgical tool feel on the wrist.

I would also mention two shortfalls that many people overlooked as they become mesmerized by the perfect proportion of the case and vintage styling of the BB58.

1. The lose and tall handstack. See any video on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean right away, the vertical space between hands is just too big, and overall handstack is too tall from the Dial. It somehow gives a feeling of low quality.

2. The dial itself is matte...I know it’s for the warm look but somehow it’s just a bit low quality. But this one is strictly a personal preference.

Reactions: muiramas

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
How is the budget? If its high enough get a AP 15400 way better quality then Rolex and there fucked up QC.

Budget won't stretch to £9K. Not blown away by AP either.

IMHO the two cannot be compared. The BB58 and the Sub are two totally different watches. BB58 is the modern vintage classic diver at the right proportion, it’s beautiful and artistic. The 116610 gives you the feel of ultra high grade tool watch that is as cold as the word “surgical”, there’s no warmth or artistic value about the Sub. Personally I’d take the sub any day as I really enjoy that cold surgical tool feel on the wrist.

I would also mention two shortfalls that many people overlooked as they become mesmerized by the perfect proportion of the case and vintage styling of the BB58.

1. The lose and tall handstack. See any video on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean right away, the vertical space between hands is just too big, and overall handstack is too tall from the Dial. It somehow gives a feeling of low quality.

2. The dial itself is matte...I know it’s for the warm look but somehow it’s just a bit low quality. But this one is strictly a personal preference.

Yet to see a BB58 in the flesh - when I made this post I had no idea about their supply problems. Thanks for your observations on the BB.

Since making the post, the ARF Sub came along and has been purchased - to be honest, its scratched the itch very nicely for now.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I recently returned back from EU, UK, Dubai. Tried every dealer and no chance I could score sub let alone any of the SS models

I went to Harrods and tried really hard to talk to some of the guys there and no luck.

Back in Australia, I visit the dealers quite often and same story . I have given up

Although recently a client offered to helo, he seems to be decent spender at an AD and will try and get hulk sub by Christmas he says.

I am in the same boat as you, paying above RRP especially here is insane. gen hulk is fetching close to 19k AUD which equates to 13.3k USD. Fair Chuck of cash

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Budget won't stretch to £9K. Not blown away by AP either.

Yet to see a BB58 in the flesh - when I made this post I had no idea about their supply problems. Thanks for your observations on the BB.

Since making the post, the ARF Sub came along and has been purchased - to be honest, its scratched the itch very nicely for now.
Did you check chrononext.de? They have sale locations in london. Very good dealer imo. They often have new Submariners way before local tds.

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
Screw all the marketing. Get a watch that speaks to you. Nothing else matters.

What he says.

A lot of guys still swear by Rolex for different reasons
(1) either they prefer the esthetics which are indeed different -> good reason
(2) they want the superior mechanics/ finishing -> good reason if you want to pay for the difference
(3) they want a Rolex because of the brand image -> a bit silly reason isn't it ?

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
Thanks junior - find an AD in the UK who has a Sub in stock please...

You don't find them, they find you, they've got a list of regular customers and who they believe that they would represent then better than you and give a call and offer the watch to them. There are people who owns more than one Sub or Daytona, wear one and keep the rest in their safe. Hence, you'll not get one, I can ask them to give you a call if you like though.