• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How common are watch seizures in customs? Deciding to ship to either the UK, US, AUS

Mikolee123

Known Member
24/10/12
Im paranoid about watches being seized. it happened to me once in asia. watch seized.
I have friends and family in the UK, US, AUS which is the safest place a package will get thru
without any hitches?

Im planning on getting a legend modded watch and wanted to know where the the safest place to ship is.
thanks

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
My personal experience: CONUS/Aus is safer than UK/EU, I had nightmares mailing reps to Spain/Greece, watch was stuck at customs for a long while.

Tip: Declaring the [watch] as used watch parts with a lower value [40-50USD] should help as well, I'm sure legend knows the drill :)

Mikolee123

Known Member
24/10/12
My personal experience: CONUS/Aus is safer than UK/EU, I had nightmares mailing reps to Spain/Greece, watch was stuck at customs for a long while.

Tip: Declaring the [watch] as used watch parts with a lower value [40-50USD] should help as well, I'm sure legend knows the drill :)

Thank you. still debating i had another rep sent to the States and its been stuck in Jamaica NYC for over a week no movement

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
It seems unnecessary to worry too much if the package is labeled properly. I usually ask it is labeled as broken timepiece.
If it was an expensive piece I may request that the strap and bezel is shipped separately and both packages labeled as watch parts. But as I said, likely unnecessary.
After 50 or more pieces shipped into Canada, from conus, UK, AUS, NZ, China, Saudi, Netherlands, Greece, Italy, Singapore, ect ect Zero problems.

No problems shipping outward to conus, UK. I’m sure AUS is easy as well. Shipping into EU may be a bit trickier.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
U.K. is safe.

Avoid eu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
My last watch package was declared as yoga pants and it made it through U.K. customs. They don’t give a shit about watches coming in from China here.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

p0kiri

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/11/21
I withdrew my interest for a $800 watch from Australia to the US. Maybe i am all new and chickening out more than I should or the fear of loss is genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
I had a delivery pause in customs recently for three weeks and then got delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk