• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Rolex Rippers" watch thefts in Southern UK

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
Seems like this sort of crime is on the up.

As a general question, how wary are folks on here at the moment... Gen or rep, the ripper will unlikely know which is which....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJames

Known Member
1/8/15
Texas
Just seems so crazy that they're stealing them right off their hands. I mean I know it's a trope and magic trick, I just don't know how someone doesn't notice. Does the hand vs. wrist size matter? Like I sort of get slipping off a watch that is on a strap, but correctly sized bracelets aren't easy to slip over my hand without a diver extension. One of my exes used to try to take my watches off me because she hated me sleeping in them for some reason, and it was hilarious how much effort went into her trying to pull one off me. I just can't imagine not noticing. My best friend's brother is an illusionist and I've seen him do some insane close up magic, I'll see if he can steal my watch lol.

Reactions: MattSP

SDtime

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
9/1/21
Moon
Seems like this sort of crime is on the up.

As a general question, how wary are folks on here at the moment... Gen or rep, the ripper will unlikely know which is which....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably can tell just by looking at the person instead of the watch

Reactions: MattSP