• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you still buy Rep Watches?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Who is going to pay you $1,300 for a NOOB Daytona with no gen parts and where can you sell the watch at?

It’s mental but People will easily pay that mate.

There are Plenty of selling platforms outside RWI.

You should see how much once 388usd discontinued PAMs are selling for internationally....it’s incredible.

jjw1610

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/21
Unfortunately, I'm not yet at the stage in my career where I can afford gens (even used on the gray market). Even when I am raking in the dough, I'm not sure I will be able to mentally justify the spending on a Rolex or something (I would be too scared to wear it!). That said, watches that don't have a good rep counterpart (FOIS) I will gladly buy gen used once I have the means.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Why this thread ?

I have one for sale. Can't publicly advertise since I dont have a high post count but have been a member since 2008!

Kappa1911

As a realist, you must give me the watch.
Patron
Certified
31/5/22
CONUS
Bit of a weird question given the company.

Being “happy with seiko” isn’t “wisdom”....it’s potentially quite an condescending remark to make on a rep forum...where people want to enjoy the novelty of wearing watches, with the broad looks of their gen counterparts, costing 5-200k Watches. There is no shame in that. It’s just a bit of fun.

Buying gen because “they retain value” implies that reps don’t...which isn’t exactly true. You could re-sell most reps here with little or no loss. If you loose cash, it’ll be in the order of a chicken bucket meal for the family.

I could afford to buy gen in every rep that I own - many here can - and many do own the gen equivalent....:but for me reps are just more fun to wear. They’re more personal.

Yes, I collect gens as well, but don’t like the idea of walking around with £30k strapped to the wrist. No good can come out of it. Haha.

Whats this wisom talk. Lol. Where you previously buying reps to please others and not to enjoy as pretty novelty/hobby items?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Preach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/23
Canada
Man… too each his own. I just do not see any value in gen over reps. I could afford most of my reps (even the RMs but it would be so sillly).

I just prefer to buy gen holidays, gen sportcars and gen apartments.
Great reply! I aspire to reach your height of success one day!