• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many different TDs do you order from?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I'm curious to hear from other members how they decide which TD they order from. In theory all TDs can source reps from any factory, although some TDs seem to have closer relationships with certain factories than others. I'm kinda new to this, and so far I've bought from two different TDs and once in a m2m sale. For the grey beards / grey ladies in the community, have you tended to stick with a single TD to "build a relationship" or have you been promiscuous with your orders so that no TD ever gets too comfortable with knowing they "own" you as a customer? For those who've "built a relationship" have you seen any benefits form it (e.g. personal first dibs on rare out of production reps / insider info and rumors about the industry)?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The fanboys will post below their favourite TD ....but It honestly isn’t a big deal which one you chose. They all get the same watches from the factories to order...and prices are pretty much standardised for new releases.

Spend more time working out what watch from what factory you want by reading reviews here And then You could blind buy from literally any TD. Stick with the same TD until they give you a reason to look elsewhere, then try someone else and repeat the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I order 80 percent of my watches from 2 TD’s.

The other 20 percent I order spread out over 4 TDs. Either because they have a special or a hard to get mode popped up or just to stay in touch because of their connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
With the current situation, it’s more a matter of which TD has the model you might be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Tried 5 different ones in the past, reduced that to two where I ordered most of my reps. Got along better with the smaller ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogwood

Alex_

Horology Curious
1/3/16
The fanboys will post below their favourite TD ....but It honestly isn’t a big deal which one you chose. They all get the same watches from the factories to order...and prices are pretty much standardised for new releases.

Spend more time working out what watch from what factory you want by reading reviews here And then You could blind buy from literally any TD. Stick with the same TD until they give you a reason to look elsewhere, then try someone else and repeat the cycle.

It can be a big deal if customs seize it. Some send a new watch for free, Some give % of refund. And Some give nothing. Same with warranty.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
You won't get a better price just because you have been a long term loyal customer. You will probably get better service - as long as shit doesn't really hit the fan or you don't act like a dickhead. What you will get is an established relationship and access to to inside knowledge you would not otherwise be privy to. Depending on what you value, you decide whether you want to shop around or remain loyal to one TD.

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I used to use Intime exclusively, but after the raids Ryan couldn’t get the model I wanted, so I tried Puretime and they came through quickly with great service. So planning to stick with them for any future orders.

Alex_

Horology Curious
1/3/16
Yeah at this moment Ryan cant get anything whilst others seem able to deliver. Sucks because I’m always loyal to him. Now Trying the sales forum But I’m always to late.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
In the last 6.5 yrs I've used 5. Perfect Clones went fine but i hated you couldn't right click things and open in a new window so I avoided that site. Tried Intime. Went fine. Tried Marvolous Replica cuz of a Tag Huer special. Also went fine. Both used WU as payment. Earlier on I used Toro and Trusty. I used toro because he had good pics of some models and at the time he used DHL which got a watch to me in 6 days but it cost 60.00!!!! And I used Trusty because it was so easy and seamless with a great website and the most like an amazon experience with professional communication although it did feel like a bigger less personal meaning personal QC operation. Both used PP which is BY FAR the way I want to pay so I don't have to go to CVS and use some machine or actually call some # on some old shit%y CVS that had a red phone thing that I had to call some western union person and do it by phone. Very weird. Somehow I never knew of Chazing time which had been around awhile and I would have tried them too. Jtime as well. Jtime has some good QC pics. Trusty's aren't that great. neither are Toro's. I tended to pick the larger more amazon like dealers but I do think you sacrifice some QC possibly but may get your watches faster. I would also like to try Sead but it's just easy to use someone you used before had you have your purchase history in their website. Price also can play a large part. Sorry for the long post but those are my reasons and you'll see they aren't really important except the PP thing so you will probably be fine choosing any of them. In summary I would try anyone who used PP now. It's just easier for me.