• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which one?

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
One is VRF, the other is unknown factory as I bought it off non TD… veeeery curious what general opinion points to here. Taken with iPhone camera and lighting will have some impact but should register the average appeal of these two. Let me know which you like better… a note… one functions as proper chrono, the other functions but improperly
7d8e0c68563775dc4596ab5f58fc69a3.jpg

bf72a496c2d13b9ff3309a514934d0d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Both are beautiful J ;)

But am subscribing to your thread as am very curious what the proper expert opinions are.

Well wear Sir :thumbsup:

Reactions: WolfKissed

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Subscribed! Hope the Daytona experts will chime in. I will out myself here - don't anybody dare laughing - but I just held your pics alongside my noob and have to admit, as embarrassing as this may be, I'd have a hard time to tell them apart based on a head on shot only. One begins to see differences when you stare at them a while though. :)

Last edited:

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Another note as I just realized I switched the watches in the pics…. So the one that is on the left on the desk is the one that’s on the right on my wrist and so on.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
On the desk, I think the one on the right should be VRF as the bezel font are much nicer, on the left the bezel doesn't even line up.

I would advice if you going to do this, pls upload higher quality photos. With the wrist shot, there was glare with the watch on the far right (the left on the desk).

Personally I wouldn't waste money on both of them. I rather wait to see if there are other factories going to make some decent ones or pay a premium from TDs.

I had waited around 2 yrs before Noob produced a decent a panda 116500 before I settle with a v3.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfKissed

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
On the desk, I think the one on the right should be VRF as the bezel font are much nicer, on the left the bezel doesn't even line up.

I would advice if you going to do this, pls upload higher quality photos. With the wrist shot, there was glare with the watch on the far right (the left on the desk).

Personally I wouldn't waste money on both of them. I rather wait to see if there are other factories going to make some decent ones or pay a premium from TDs.

I had waited around 2 yrs before Noob produced a decent a panda 116500 before I settle with a v3.

Do you mean the NOOB where the chrono function doesn’t even work? Faux hands at 3 and 9?

I think the VRF is prettt good. Everyone “waiting” for a Daytona to be 99.9% close to Gen meanwhile 99.9% of people have no idea what a Daytona is let alone what it should look like.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Do you mean the NOOB where the chrono function doesn’t even work? Faux hands at 3 and 9?

I think the VRF is prettt good. Everyone “waiting” for a Daytona to be 99.9% close to Gen meanwhile 99.9% of people have no idea what a Daytona is let alone what it should look like.
Sorry why the chrono function doesn't work with the Noob? The cloned 4130 fully works and prior to that Noob made daytona with A7750 which also fully functional.

Also what gives you the impression 99.9% people have no idea what a daytona looks like? I personally have 5 gen Daytonas in the family and I have various frankens and projects. I have met a lot of knowledgeable members here who I chat directly almost every day via whatapp. Just wondering what gives you that impression? It feels you must had read a lot of posts which are wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Sorry why the chrono function doesn't work with the Noob? The cloned 4130 fully works and prior to that Noob made daytona with A7750 which also fully functional.

Also what gives you the impression 99.9% people have no idea what a daytona looks like? I personally have 5 gen Daytonas in the family and I have various frankens and projects. I have met a lot of knowledgeable members here who I chat directly almost every day via whatapp. Just wondering what gives you that impression? It feels you must had read a lot of posts which are wrong?

The NOOBs (no longer available) I remember scoping on TD’s all prefaced faux hands at 3 and 9 which I took to mean chrono does not full function. I believed it was due to creating a more Gen size of the case/back as 7750 creates another millimeter or so in thickness. If I’m wrong, I’m actually very excited for all NOOB owners.

Why do I think 99.9% of people don’t know what a Daytona is? Because 99.9% of people don’t know what a Daytona is. Haha. (I’m casually deducing this, NOT a vetted statistic.. keep reading for my reason). We’re in a watch enthusiast forum.. of course we ALL know what it is and much about it. Walk the street in a common neighborhood these days and you will rarely see a (non apple) watch on people.

I went to Disneyland last weekend.. It has average 60,000 people in it every day I think? I counted ten watches (non apple) all day!! WTF?!
So… watches in general public is down. The ability to see a watch and identify what t is is therefore naturally way down. Knowing within a brand what model it is will be further down.

The “watch discussion” is not in the public anymore.. it’s moved to corners of the population like us are remain enthusiasts. This is why I think 99.9% have no clue what you’re wearing.
Now.. obviously when among friends here.. we all now exactly what you’re wearing and respectfully critic it. But that’s different

Reactions: Faytona

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The NOOBs (no longer available) I remember scoping on TD’s all prefaced faux hands at 3 and 9 which I took to mean chrono does not full function. I believed it was due to creating a more Gen size of the case/back as 7750 creates another millimeter or so in thickness. If I’m wrong, I’m actually very excited for all NOOB owners.

Why do I think 99.9% of people don’t know what a Daytona is? Because 99.9% of people don’t know what a Daytona is. Haha. (I’m casually deducing this, NOT a vetted statistic.. keep reading for my reason). We’re in a watch enthusiast forum.. of course we ALL know what it is and much about it. Walk the street in a common neighborhood these days and you will rarely see a (non apple) watch on people.

I went to Disneyland last weekend.. It has average 60,000 people in it every day I think? I counted ten watches (non apple) all day!! WTF?!
So… watches in general public is down. The ability to see a watch and identify what t is is therefore naturally way down. Knowing within a brand what model it is will be further down.

The “watch discussion” is not in the public anymore.. it’s moved to corners of the population like us are remain enthusiasts. This is why I think 99.9% have no clue what you’re wearing.
Now.. obviously when among friends here.. we all now exactly what you’re wearing and respectfully critic it. But that’s different

I think the faux 3 and 9s weren't Noob, they are JFs. I can't say I remember noob had made any non working chrono daytonas, but just A7750 and 4130 - I might be wrong. The 7750 (which I had own) is much chunkier (or at least it feels like it) than the 4130, I reckon at least 2-3mm more.

I think it depends on where you live in the world, I live in London so trust me a lot of people of about watches. Where a lot of people including myself are more cautious where a lot of people are getting violently robbed of their watches. A friend of a friend got robbed 2 weeks ago in Chelsea (think of a small Beverly Hills in London) with his 41mm DJ, he fought back and got cut up badly and needed to be at the hospital.

My dad is a grey gen dealer in HK, he actually said to me young girls would wear gen daytonas. Im not sure where you are based, but the watch culture in the East is pretty strong. I once went into a department store (dress quite casually cos it was hot) enquiring about the Vertu, the lady said the finishing of the phone will be similar to the Daytona you are wearing. When I moved to London, my flat mates at the time didn't transfer me the deposit on time and I was at the real estate agency, the owner of the agency said that's fine he can vouch for me with the deposit with the owner as he knows I was wearing a Zenith Daytona and is more than enough to cover the deposit. Until this day, my ex flat mate still tell this story to friends where my watch helped to secure the flat for us as it took like 2 days for the money to come into my account back in the day.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Noob made the only true 4130 clone move. It works exactly like the gen. The arf has a nicer dial but fake Chrono function. The 7750 mov had full working chrono but is way to thick.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
I think the faux 3 and 9s weren't Noob, they are JFs. I can't say I remember noob had made any non working chrono daytonas, but just A7750 and 4130 - I might be wrong. The 7750 (which I had own) is much chunkier (or at least it feels like it) than the 4130, I reckon at least 2-3mm more.

I think it depends on where you live in the world, I live in London so trust me a lot of people of about watches. Where a lot of people including myself are more cautious where a lot of people are getting violently robbed of their watches. A friend of a friend got robbed 2 weeks ago in Chelsea (think of a small Beverly Hills in London) with his 41mm DJ, he fought back and got cut up badly and needed to be at the hospital.

My dad is a grey gen dealer in HK, he actually said to me young girls would wear gen daytonas. Im not sure where you are based, but the watch culture in the East is pretty strong. I once went into a department store (dress quite casually cos it was hot) enquiring about the Vertu, the lady said the finishing of the phone will be similar to the Daytona you are wearing. When I moved to London, my flat mates at the time didn't transfer me the deposit on time and I was at the real estate agency, the owner of the agency said that's fine he can vouch for me with the deposit with the owner as he knows I was wearing a Zenith Daytona and is more than enough to cover the deposit. Until this day, my ex flat mate still tell this story to friends where my watch helped to secure the flat for us as it took like 2 days for the money to come into my account back in the day.

There are 9 million people in London and three have noticed you wear a Daytona. Hahaha. That’s not good odds.

I’m playing with you of course.. there are going to be people of course that recognize it otherwise, it wouldn’t be “a thing”. But a majority of people out there have no interest, no clue and far more people couldn’t spot a Rep from a Gen. that’s really the basis of my point.. the tiny details on our watches are not “a tell”. Only the wearer is (well of course unless you’re looking at my non TD Daytona in the photo… that’s a damn tell from a mike away).

Do you have a photo of the NOOB V3? I never got one in time because “I already had one”. Then when NOOB fell victim to raids I started looking for the next best thing… the VRF seemed it at the moment of shopping

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Noob made the only true 4130 clone move. It works exactly like the gen. The arf has a nicer dial but fake Chrono function. The 7750 mov had full working chrono but is way to thick.

mio amico! ne hai uno? foto per favore!
Mor better… let me know if you want to sell! Haha. I’ll take a fully functioning 4130 over this 7750 any day.

Reactions: kavorca1

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal

Buongiorno, mio cujino come sta. Don’t think I’ll part with this beauty right now.

Reactions: P..DR..D