• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A bed time story.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Guys…am speechless!

my PayPal has hit £223, so I need to return some. Will work out the best way how-can’t thank you all enough. Hope to be able to return the favour one day.

I don't think we need worry about £13 - have drink or 2 this evening on RWI.

Thanks again to everyone who donated, but no more donations no please !

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
LOL! Sorry, but I was out earlier, had asked trip for the PP deets, and when I got in I made my payment before checking back here. But no problem at all AFAIC - as trip says, deadpan deserves a drink on us.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Great community . I guess i am late . But glad it is completed . Anything needs to be topped up i am ready [mention]deadpan [/mention] [mention]tripdog [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Great to see this camaraderie.

Also, props to tripdog for posting about this in the first place - that opening post took a lot of effort and is much appreciated, else the rest of us wouldn't have had a clue about this.

And also for the initial effort to go out of your way to work with both the buyer and seller and try to resolve this amicably.... fantastic work.

davebrownocc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/21
Arroyo Grande, CA
That guy was just one of those people that couldn't understand normal thinking.
The first letter of the last 4 words of the above sentence are his acronym.
I'm sorry so much time and energy was wasted by that guy but of course it's super cool that it caused us all to realize again that kindness rules and will always have the most power.
I've dealt with thousands of customers, probably 3 thousand plus with my tree service over the years.
I've learned to choose my customers carefully, it's blessing to have that power. And I don't let them push me around.

I know that good groups have good leaders and then the group in turn someone makes them even better, I've seen it many times in my life.
Anyway you guys I hope to be seen as having a good reputation, I've had 4 purchases with my TD. I stick to him and have learned how he runs his sales and his style of doing so.
I get plenty of enjoyment from the watches he's sold me, they've been very nice ones and keep great time and I'm happy enough in our little hobby.
And I respect the policies of the forum. It's really well run.

I do plan to try to sell some things at some point, and I do hope to be allowed to try.
I can see why you encourage some experience and make us learn first and build up a bit of trust, you have to be a good customer and you have to be a good seller when you want to sell.
I've taken many hours of reading over about 3 months or so including all of the noob member material and plenty more. For me it's been a great investment.
Anyway I how I've said something to help and hope it's a decent post toward my count, haha.
And count me in next time we're gonna help someone out, I have no problem doing that, none at all, I was just a bit late this time.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Dear all,

I am repeating myself but I am humbled and a little in awe at the community spirit here. I did keep telling birneria that this was a community of trust and loyalty, but this has surprised even me. I can’t thank you all enough. tripdog you are an absolute legend-thank you for all the time you took working behind the scenes from the original help desk ticket through to this thread.

The total is now well over my original loss, so i’m happy to be directed as to how to redirect the excess-can either refund the last person or two or donate to RWI etc.

I have PMs from a few of you still in my inbox asking for my PayPal-I’ll get back to you all individually & apologies for the delay.

Thank you also for the messages/ posts etc. Of support-these we’re truly just as appreciated as the donations.

Last edited:

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Just to round this off, I made a donation on all of us to RWI. Thank you so much everyone-you turned this into a very different experience to what it started out as.

(I’ve also removed the screen grabs on advice from a fellow member).

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
Sorry you had to deal with this cunt. Seeing that you've been made whole already, I'll send you a few parts to hopefully brighten your day a bit. Your address is still the same as last year?

Reactions: P..DR..D

Vinnies1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/20
Just read this story and as much as I am a very quiet (learning) noob I regret I didn’t see this earlier and donate also. It’s stories like this that show the integrity and morals of the better and kind members of this community. Tripdog I commend you for your efforts and time with this story. It is leaders like yourself that help and allow members of this community to feel assured we have our backs covered. The actions of Tripdog for suggesting a small donation to help this member recoup unnecessary and selfish losses from a fucking arsehole that hides behind buttons of a keyboard only prove how much of a maggot he is. It’s nice to see that this community did this for him as the gesture alone I’m sure reassured him that there is good people in life and most definitely in here. WELL DONE!