• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Potential issue with TD - advice please!

1Jeevan

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
10/5/20
Hi all, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a potential scenario I am facing, and I am going to keep it anonymous for now as I do not want to throw accusations around about TD’s, especially not this one who I know is reliable and I have bought from successfully in the past.

I approached this TD via email about buying a watch listed on the forum. He agreed to sell it to me and we agreed a price and shipping. I asked to confirm that I could have the watch and whether to send payment to the same account as I had previously used.

He confirmed this, and I sent payment and sent a screenshot of the transfer. He informed me that this was an old account and he did not use it anymore.

I understand he has many customers, but he did confirm that payment to the same account as before was ok and that is why I sent it.

The money hasn’t bounced back, and I have had very minimal communication in the past 4 days from sending payment - I’m not sure if the watch is coming to me, whether the payment will be returned to me etc.

Any advice would be great please, as I understand that this TD is very busy, but his communication is almost non-existent and the situation needs some communication to be resolved.

Sent from the RWI App

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Hello mate, even though you want to keep your TD anonymous, please share a bit about the way you made the payment. Was it paypal or credit card or what so ever. In general the TD should take care and double check if this is his most recent account. Now if your other purchase was a longer time ago he might’ve not remembered that correctly and didn’t check twice on you. This really depends on the payment option in my opinion. Also maybe give your TD a couple of days, maybe he is already trying to retrieve his old account.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

1Jeevan

INMATE
10/5/20
Hello mate, even though you want to keep your TD anonymous, please share a bit about the way you made the payment. Was it paypal or credit card or what so ever. In general the TD should take care and double check if this is his most recent account. Now if your other purchase was a longer time ago he might’ve not remembered that correctly and didn’t check twice on you. This really depends on the payment option in my opinion. Also maybe give your TD a couple of days, maybe he is already trying to retrieve his old account.

Thanks for coming back to me mate. I paid by bank transfer - which I have done in the past, and I am lead to believe this is the way he sells all of his watches. My last watch was purchased a few months back and I completely understand he likely forgot, but I did make the effort to ask whether the same account was ok and he confirmed.

Sent from the RWI App

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Yes i understand your point too. In your case i would sit tight and wait a couple of days. Use that time to clearify with your bank institution how you can refund the payment iam sure it is possible you just have to fill in a sheet and it will cost 10% or something like that, depends on where it was send (most likely china but i have also seen TD‘s with bank accounts in Germany, UK and so on) and i think you have to give them a reason for the refund but that should be the smallest issue. Then get back to your TD and ask him if he has any way to retrieve the money from the old account. Iam sure he will do his best and answer you honestly.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I am very sorry to say that it might prove very difficult or next to impossible to retrieve the money, when the amount has been submitted via bank transfer. Once the amount has been credited to the receiver's account it is out of the sending bank's hands and all depends on the good will of the receiver to send the money back. A bank transfer can only be stopped as long as it has not been credited to the receiver's account - and that sometimes only takes hours in our digitalized world, depending on the situation, for example if the transfer stays within the same payment system. To China it might take only a few days.

Again sorry, and I hope all ends well for you.

Edit: That is of course, if your TD has no access to this account any more. If he can access his old account all should be well.

Last edited:

Xtra-Crispy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/21
I am very sorry to say that it might prove very difficult or next to impossible to retrieve the money, when the amount has been submitted via bank transfer. Once the amount has been credited to the receiver's account it is out of the sending bank's hands and all depends on the good will of the receiver to send the money back. A bank transfer can only be stopped as long as it has not been credited to the receiver's account - and that sometimes only takes hours in our digitalized world, depending on the situation, for example if the transfer stays within the same payment system (for example EU=IBAN). To China it might take only a few days.

Again sorry, and I hope all ends well for you.

This is true - unfortunately, the receiver of the funds is under no obligation to return the funds.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

1Jeevan

INMATE
10/5/20
This is true - unfortunately, the receiver of the funds is under no obligation to return the funds.

Thanks both. It wasn’t sent to a wrong account as such, it was sent to the TD’s old bank account

Sent from the RWI App

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Thanks both. It wasn’t sent to a wrong account as such, it was sent to the TD’s old bank account

Yes, alas what we do not know is, if your TD still has access to the old account. Might have been blocked by authorities, funds confiscated, we just do not know who is the beneficiary of that account now.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Don’t panic, give it a few days. It’s so common for TD’s to go quiet a few days even after having very timely communication with you. I’ve experienced this several times and while this damn hobby does an impatient man’s heart no good… almost always it is simply that… patience. Good TD’s are very busy folks and we have to remember they are answering a lot of emails from buyers, factories, etc.

So my suggestion is… do your best to put your mind at rest bowing it’s a TD… wait a few more days before you follow up. If the TD understands you sent to an old account, they will likely research it first themselves and will definitely give you feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk