• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Honest PureTime purchase in real time

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
[h=2]Very excited[/h] 18-07-21, 18:51
I hope my posts will be helpful for anyone with reservations on using puretime. I purchased a watch yesterday 7/17/21. I will update and explain the process, shipping time and review the quality of the DateJust I purchased. I was excited to hear they are now excepting credit cards. They sent out a News letter informing us, if you are subscribed.

7/17/21
I used my Capitol one CREDIT CARD (not bank atm)
to order my DateJust. It’s 1:1 VSF that looks amazing.
The credit card was processed immediately and I received a paid invoice with confirmation and email addresses for support if I need anything.
Everything is smooth so far. I will repost as the process continues. Below is the watch I purchased. I picked the Track and Trace shipping option for $35. The watch cost was $468. The total price with shipping is $503

DateJust
[41 126330 904L SS VSF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Oyster Bracelet VS3235]

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
PT communicate great (always give at least 24hrs during week day, weekends they are off and could be a day ahead of you live in states so keep in mind).

They are great with QC photos and answering any questions.

I’m they will also send tracking through m-track.4PX.com

I have a watch that left HK four days ago though and tracking hasn’t updated with a receipt yet which seems a tad off. Hoping no issues w customs. Will follow this thread and update in real time and check in on your experience as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DryRun and ChicagoZ

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Please keep us posted! I’d assume if there were customs issues PT would send another. (hopefully)

I’m very interested to see how your purchase goes, please update us when you know anything.

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Did you email them before making the purchase? The vsf datejust is not available anymore, they stopped making them after the raids.

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
I sure hope that isn’t the case. I ordered the watch from their website and the transaction was processed. I haven’t gotten any other info…..

Thank you for the information. I’ll post any updates on the thread to see how it’s handled. Damn, I sure hope your wrong, I really want the watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: DryRun

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
ChicagoZ from my experiences PT is good integrity. If they don’t have the watch they will no doubt email you and let you know and you will likely have chance to select another variation or get refund. It took about a week to get QC pics after paying for me and that felt like a year. So… hang in there! This is a patience game.. but they’ll eventually get back to you either w QC pics or an attempt to make it right for you

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I sure hope that isn’t the case. I ordered the watch from their website and the transaction was processed. I haven’t gotten any other info…..

Thank you for the information. I’ll post any updates on the thread to see how it’s handled. Damn, I sure hope your wrong, I really want the watch.
As I understand it, they're selling back stock that they might have on hand. Seems like they were sending out several shipments of inventory that they had to different TDs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChicagoZ

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Thanks! Im a little less worried. Hopefully the QC pics come soon and all is well.

Reactions: DryRun

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
2ac5d1f0d5a99823986a170dd665076f.jpg

Oh goodies oh goodie! Oh goodie!!

Note that the shipping tracker only updated tonight (which is four days after departure) but notes it was received actually two days ago at LAX.

So, even if you don’t hear from them or tracking in a while, things are still happening. Again… it’s a patient man’s game

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18

Your money isn’t going anywhere, PT’s a trusted dealer here and i’ve personally dealt with them a couple times so you should be good.

The vsf dj, it’s not in stock anywhere and it’s always advised to email the TD before placing an order to confirm if the particular model is in stock. If you’re really adamant on a datejust, just get the arf, not as good as the vsf, but still the next best alternative.

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
UPDATE 7/19***************

Disappointed the amount billed and shown on my receipt was different from what my card was charged. I noticed the discrepancy yesterday and sent an email to the billing department. My total was $503 and I was billed $543.13. Jennifer at Puretime quickly responded one day later and told me it was due to currency conversion…. It’s not the end of the world but feels shady. I’m positive I could contact Capital One for a refund but want to give Puretime the benefit of the doubt and buy more watches in the future.

I was sent a separate email saying I should receive QC pic within 2 weeks.

WHAT DO LOOK FOR ON THE QC pics? Dose this cost discrepancy seem reasonable ?

Last edited:

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
UPDATE——————- 7/20

Pure time informed me the watch I ordered was out of stock on this forum. ANONRAY called it. I have requested a refund. Hopefully there are no issues. I’m really glad I used my credit card rather then Bitcoin or money transfer.

To recap, being charged the wrong amount and buying an out of stock Item and now having to stress a refund hasn’t been pleasant. PT needs to update their inventory in real time. It’s not that hard to balance your inventory every other online shop dose it. Converting currency shouldn’t be at my expense. The price should be accurate and discrepancy are the businesses cost not mine.

I will post more if the refund is problematic. I do appreciate the constant communication and do believe they sell quality watches. I’m simply letting you all know my experience.

Last edited:

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
First and foremost, there’s an entire post on why you shouldn’t pay with credit cards. Even then if you decide to, it’s a known fact that you’ll be charged extra. You’re paying for an illegal counterfeit good, they’ll be some processing fee, but the TD has no cut in that, it all goes to the company they use for processing credit card payments.

You’re not shopping from amazon, TD’s websites can never keep a track of inventory because they don’t hold any inventory at all. A customer orders a watch, the TD then places the order with the factory, they hold no stock at all.

You’ll get your refund back, there shouldn’t be any problem in that regard, but you should’ve just gone for some other watch or an arf dj.

Next time do a bit of reading on the forum, see how everything works and then place an order. This problem wouldn’t have been a problem if you would’ve read the few basic things there are to understand this hobby.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I'm curious as to why they're charging you $503 for a DJ to begin with as even the hard to get VSF still goes for $468, unless you were to get a Daytona or something of that nature. If you so choose to use a CC, I'd recommend using transfer wise as you have some protection, there. Most of the 3rd parties that run CC purchases over there are pretty shady, but conversion is a legit deal. Now, some people have accounts in other areas that don't require conversions, and they tend to be who I'd prefer to deal with most.

Aside from ARF, GMF has been putting out some decent DJs as of late, but ARF has the best bracelets.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
I appreciate the advice but I shouldn’t have to read countless posts on a forum to buy a watch. I understand it’s a replica but business is business. If I’m purchasing something legal or not, a sale is simple, product for a price and payment. The seller isn’t doing me a favor, they are taking my money. The communication with PT has been exceptional. I do believe they will refund my money but no part of this transaction has been easy.

The reason to use a Credit card is also simple. They don’t have my money. They have Capital One’s money. The credit card company insures my safety. The reason most sites won’t take cards is this very reason, customer protection. Fees should be accounted for at time of purchase. Next time you buy something and they bill you more do your self a favor and search all forums to figure out why.

This isn’t a hobby, it’s transaction. I read enough to know what exact watch I wanted and to use a credit card.

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
I also have an idea just tell me the watch costs $40 more dollars and use it to cover the currency conversion or let me know at the time of purchase this fee exists.

ChockaBlock

Horology Curious
4/4/21
My experience with three TDs is that while they are engaged in shady dealings within their own context, they are honest in their transactions with use foreign customers. It may be a while before the transaction is fully voided, but it most likely will resolve. Next time, you might consider substituting a watch of equal value that is available. I have done that by sending a list to the TD to ask which were currently available, and then making my selection.

Three other points: First, the recommendation to read countless posts on the forum isn't because you need to become an expert hobbyist in order to buy a watch, but because the more information you have the better positioned you'll be in your purchase, and the more you will know what to expect — learning from other people's experiences/mistakes. For example, you would have known to email PT first to check availability, and thus saved yourself the current hassle. Lots of little things like that.

Second, the reason I don't like using a credit card is that I don't want my CC company to know I buy replica watches. That might be just me. But for two watch purchases, I created virtual cards through a privacy site; I used alternative payment methods for the others. Just adding extra layers. I'm not trying to hide, and I'm not doing any thing illegal; but the CC company might be, and would not be happy with me, and so while anyone can find out anything if they look, I see no reason to leave this part of my life in plain sight. In fact, some CC companies reject these purchases, even when done through third parties. You're more willing than I am to have these kinds of purchases known, and that's cool. You be you. Being way too cautious (unnecessarily, perhaps) is my thing.

Finally, I think you're right that all TDs should be more upfront about currency conversion, credit card fees, shipping charges, etc. I don't think it's some inherent dishonesty on their part, just something that should be clearer. Some TDs have good FAQs (I like jtime's — direct and honest) and some don't; some are clearer than others on shipping fees, and so on. But I agree that $40 additional needs a better explanation.

ChicagoZ

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Thanks! You definitely have valid points. The reps still haven’t reached out to me directly other then in the forums. If they wanted to make things right and help me find another DJ, I’d consider it. It feels weird getting more info in this forum then from them.

Im truly grateful for this forum and everyone who’s replied to me. I didn’t realize purchasing a replica was such an involved process. I hope my post can give some insight into the buying process.

I really wanted to document how wonderful PureTime was.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
9d3a030d55c25f59aa32446af6931d52.jpg

Sorry you had a bad experience.. but I’m going leave this here so others can see PT is a good TD. Got my watch today and they have essentially hand held the process for me from point A-Z! Now… I did email them and ask the availability of this watch before doing anything, I certainly did not (and will never) use my CC for this purchase. So, I have not had a single issue ChicagoZ had.

I’m going to post photos of the watch in another thread but I can say I’m over the MOON (pun intended as it’s a moon watch) about this watch!