• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tally.tl legit TD?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I got to give you a five star rating for becoming a Patron upon joining RWI. Good job and welcome. Tuition is expensive so you will learn. I have two watches I bought before joining that are so bad I would not even dare to post photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The suspense is killing me! You must share them now! LoL

I have displayed a couple skeletons from my closet in that thread. Now it's your turn!

Last edited:

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Well, it’s not a bad watch, profile looks good. I made a much worse purchase when I started out. Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: P..DR..D

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
kavorca1 serisously… so I slapped this one on today and went out and about and made it a MISSION to flash it about… not even subtly. Went through a Starbucks drive through and he’s my phone out at the window to pay for it slightly tilted so watch is front and center… no comments… held hand out the window “to wait for my coffee”… guy handed it to me.. no comments. The watch was right in his face… didn’t care.

this is the almost sad part of this hobby… we literally have to come here for anyone to acknowledge and/or appreciate the same thing we love. Haha. 99.9% of the world these days don’t even notice have A watch on or they just don’t care!

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I know a guy at work, when I commented on his gen IWC Portuguese 7 days and he realised that I am into watches he began to wear a different one of his gens every day and made a point of it just to show me. Not to brag, but simply because I showed interest. So he has the IWC, some gen bicolor subs and a Patek Philippe.

I am 100 percent sure that he would have no clue whatsoever that mine are reps, if I showed him. But I have never showed him. And I tell other close collegues that my watches are reps, and they admire them, but I know that they only show interest because of me. None of them has a thing for watches or knows what I am talking about.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
kavorca1 serisously… so I slapped this one on today and went out and about and made it a MISSION to flash it about… not even subtly. Went through a Starbucks drive through and he’s my phone out at the window to pay for it slightly tilted so watch is front and center… no comments… held hand out the window “to wait for my coffee”… guy handed it to me.. no comments. The watch was right in his face… didn’t care.

this is the almost sad part of this hobby… we literally have to come here for anyone to acknowledge and/or appreciate the same thing we love. Haha. 99.9% of the world these days don’t even notice have A watch on or they just don’t care!

Told ya. We wear em cause we can appreciate em. the only ones who might notice is a watch smith, jeweler or any AD.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada

It is a pointless game to play "flashing the watch", nobody cares. You could have been wearing a $20 flea market watch or a $100K Platinum Daytona, it means nothing at Starbucks.

1/100 will notice and know what it is. Once you find someone who recognizes it you have to then decide whether to announce it to be a rep or not. A watch like yours will have anybody who knows asking you what you are timing and you're toast.

I went through this myself, perhaps we all have? I had the Daytona but it got nothing, it actually was the least noticed of any watch. So now my watches are all about me and what I want, I gave up on the Apple watch world and sold all the reps that I didn't buy for me but to show off.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
As I've learned from certain YouTube channels, most kids don't wear watches anymore, with the exception of Apple watches, and they have zero clue on value. Most have heard of Rolex and Cartier, so if you dip their face into your watch, they may assume it's expensive. Or, if you drove up in a 1978 Honda Accord or Oldsmobile Cutless, they may assume you are a fake.

If you try to fool the 1/100 mentioned above, you better wear a watch that fits into the entire picture. I have no doubt that a person wearing a genuine Daytona will give off a vibe of wealth in every way, from shirt to shoes, to car. If you wear a 5-digit Submariner, you may have a better chance to get away with a rep.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop

Reminds me of this classic thread--------->84870-banged-a-new-chick-with-my-rollie-on-nsfw

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
tkingjr now you MUST share! Haha. Or at least share it in the “lemon” thread where few are posting their mistakes in good fun. I’m sure almost everyone has a story about a bad buy and it’s fun to hear about them. Some shitty reps are so bad they’re fun to wear!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...l-discussion/10023757-myshittyrep-lemons-only

In the next day or so I will post pics of my purchases at Watch City in China where our Reps are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
As I've learned from certain YouTube channels, most kids don't wear watches anymore, with the exception of Apple watches, and they have zero clue on value. Most have heard of Rolex and Cartier, so if you dip their face into your watch, they may assume it's expensive. Or, if you drove up in a 1978 Honda Accord or Oldsmobile Cutless, they may assume you are a fake.

If you try to fool the 1/100 mentioned above, you better wear a watch that fits into the entire picture. I have no doubt that a person wearing a genuine Daytona will give off a vibe of wealth in every way, from shirt to shoes, to car. If you wear a 5-digit Submariner, you may have a better chance to get away with a rep.

I fooled my best friend today!! He didn’t catch the chrono was moving and the second hand wasn’t and he’s “a Rolex guy”. He was just so stoked “I got a Daytona”. When I told him it was a rep he said “nooooo… they don’t make them this good! Even the rehaut looks right”.

So question for more knowledgeable gents here… is there a Rep movement I can swap out on this that will actually function the chrono and second hand proper?? Thinking about frakenstiening this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
I fooled my best friend today!! He didn’t catch the chrono was moving and the second hand wasn’t and he’s “a Rolex guy”. He was just so stoked “I got a Daytona”. When I told him it was a rep he said “nooooo… they don’t make them this good! Even the rehaut looks right”.

So question for more knowledgeable gents here… is there a Rep movement I can swap out on this that will actually function the chrono and second hand proper?? Thinking about frakenstiening this thing

It's tough to do that because the insides of your Daytona are a bit rough and sloppy. You probably should just have fun with it and wait for NOOB to get back up again, if ever they do. That was the correct size and shape with everything working. ARF makes a good rep but the 3 and 9 sub dials don't function. That was how they could match the size of the gen. and it's estetically perfect.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
It's tough to do that because the insides of your Daytona are a bit rough and sloppy. You probably should just have fun with it and wait for NOOB to get back up again, if ever they do. That was the correct size and shape with everything working. ARF makes a good rep but the 3 and 9 sub dials don't function. That was how they could match the size of the gen. and it's estetically perfect.

Any opinion on JF? I read somewhere they’ve made good Daytona’s too. If not I’ll just wear this till NOOB is back.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
In my opinion, JF is from 10 years ago. The NOOB V4 in reverse panda like you have is worth waiting for.

Reactions: WolfKissed