• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Un po' di chiarezza sui movimenti ;)

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Allora si, ha fagocitato anche la VS, ne ho sentito parlare…

Gully

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/23
Motor valley
What can I help here? ( can't speak Italian though :p )
Hi CTime
I didn't ask you directly because my english is not very well!!!!
the members of the Italian section are helping me.
Thanks for your post about the new movements, it's very interesting!

Gully

5/3/23
Motor valley
Ragazzi alla fine Pippo mi ha aiutato a capire dove mi perdevo: non sapevo che 3285 fosse un movimento GMT!!!
Io pensavo che fosse la sigla vr a indicare i GMT…invece non c’entra niente.
Da qui una serie di equivoci giganteschi…
Scusate la mia ignoranza😅😅😅

pippo.71

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/18
Birmingham
Ma quindi adesso VSF è di proprietà della CF?
O semplicemente CF compra alcuni componenti da VSF??
Credo più la seconda opzione... CF iniziò a farsi conoscere producendo degli inserti ceramica, praticamente like-gen per quei tempi, per sub e per Daytona. Quelle bezel vennero utilizzate da diverse factory e, di fatto, resero superfluo acquistare quelle gen per eliminare uno dei maggiori difetti presenti nelle rep dell'epoca. Solo dopo aver assorbito ZF (credo), e dopo i vari raid, iniziò a produrre le proprie rep.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi CTime
Hey it's ok, my English is also not good
And thank you, you can ask me any time you want

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi CTime
Hey it's ok, my English is also not good
And thank you, you can ask me any time you want

Reactions: Gully

Gully

5/3/23
Motor valley
Ragazzi ho trovato una guida ai movimenti fatta davvero bene sul forum internazionale che secondo me può essere utilissima su questo thread.
Inoltre è di oggi, 9/03, quindi aggiornatissima.
Per me è oro che cola!!!
Allego il riferimento per leggerla.
Change Log:
  • August 25th 2022 - Initial version published on r/RepTime
  • March 9th 2023 - Updated version published on RWI. Updated to include information about the new SH3285 found in C+ Factory GMTs and DD3285 found in Clean Factory GMTs.
Guide

When buying a high end replica watch, it’s important to consider both what’s on the outside and what’s on the inside. The factories in China have invested millions of dollars in re-producing exact copies of various Swiss watch movements from ETA, and in-house movements from Rolex, AP, Patek Philippe, and Richard Mille. The accuracy of the replication varies, as does their reliability of these movements. In this guide I hope to be able to give you a basic understanding of which mechanical movements are good, which ones are ok, and which ones to avoid, and importantly, how to tell the various movements apart, since the information listed on Trusted Dealer (TD) websites in the descriptions isn’t terribly accurate.

Rolex has by far the largest market share of all replica watches. As such, it’s not surprising that there are a plethora of clone movements available for the popular Rolex models.

40mm Submariner (1166XX and 114060)
For 40mm submariners (i.e. those with reference number 1166XX), there are six options in order of quality:
  1. VS3135 (date version), VS3130 (no-date version)
  2. VR3135 (date version), VR3130 (no-date version)
  3. SH3135 (date version), SH3130 / AR3130 (no-date version)
  4. SA3135 (date version), SA3130 (non-date version)
  5. A2824
  6. A2836
Genuine Rolex Caliber 3135
For reference here’s the genuine Rolex caliber 3135. Note how there is only one arm (the beat adjustor -- red arrow) on the balance bridge of the genuine movement. This is because the genuine movement has a “free sprung” balance. That means on the genuine movement the speed of the movement is regulated (i.e. adjusting how fast or slow the movement runs) by adjusting the moment of inertia of the balance wheel via tiny weighted screws on the rim of the wheel (green arrows). On all replica movements, regulation is done via a regulation arm that can be adjusted to lengthen or shorten the effective length of the hairspring. That’s why you see only one arm on the genuine movement, but two arms on the replica movements. Also note that the 3135 movement's rotor does NOT run on ball bearings (blue arrow).

VS3135 & VS3130
This is an excellent movement. The part finishing quality and engraving is good. The hairspring mounted clockwise. This is the best clone of the Rolex 3135 movement. Note, there is a VS3130 version of this movement which is used on the no-date 40mm VSF subs (ref number 114060). The VS3130 is of equal quality to the VS3135, it is the best option for a no-date 40mm sub.

For identification against the genuine and other clone 3135 movements, note the position of the beat adjustor arm (red arrow) and the regulator arm (green arrow). note the type and quality of the balance shock absorber setting (blue arrow).

This movement used to be exclusive to VS Factory (VSF), but is now widely available and replacements are available on eBay and AliExpress for around $130 USD.

VR3135 & VR3130
This is another good option for 40mm submariners. The part finishing and engraving is good. The hairspring mounted clockwise. This is the second best clone of the 3135 movement. Note, there is a no-date version of the VR3135 called the VR3130. The VR3130 is a good quality no-date movement, second only to the VS3130.

For identification of the VR3135 movement, it is actually quite hard to differentiate it against the vs3135 movement. The beat adjustor (red arrow), regulator arm (green arrow), and shock setting are the same as the vs3135 movement. [NB: if somebody has a good way to unambiguously ID this movement, please comment below].

This movement is used in 40mm submariners from many replica watch factories. It is also available for purchase on eBay and AliExpress as a replacement for a broken movement for around $80 USD.

SH3135 & SH3130 (AR3130)
This movement has very low quality finishing. The hairpspring is mounted counter clockwise. Avoid this movement if possible. There is also a no-date version of this movement called the SH3130 (or sometimes the AR3130) which is of similarly poor quality. Avoid both the SH3135 and SH3130 (AR3130).

For identification purposes, not the style of the beat adjustor arm with the screw on the side (red arrow), the regulator arm (green arrow), and the style steel (not brass) cup for the shock setting (blue arrow).

SA3135 & SA3130
This movement has reasonable quality of part finishing, but poor quality engraving. The hairspring mounted counter clockwise. Go with the VR or VS movement if you have the choice or budget. There is a no-date version of this movement called the SA3130, which is of similar quality to the SA3135; as such a better choice for a no-date 40mm submariner is the VS3130 or VR3130.

For identification purposes note the position of the mounting screw on the beat adjutor arm (red arrow), the style of the regulator arm (green arrow), and the style and metal (brass) of the shock setting (blue arrow).

A2824
This isn’t a clone of a Rolex movement, rather it is an Asian clone of an ETA 2824 movement. There are quite a few variations on this movement since it has been around for decades and every movement factory in China has a clone version of it. This movement is reliable and easy to service and get replacement parts for. However, it doesn’t even remotely resemble what you’d find inside a Rolex. If you don’t care about what movement powers your rep, this isn’t a bad option. Complete Clone 2824 movements can be purchased on eBay and AliExpress for $20 to $50 USD. A genuine Swiss ETA 2824 will cost over $200 USD and will be a simple drop-in replacement for an Asian 2824.

For identification purposes, note the position of the beat adjustor (red arrow), the regulator arm (dark green arrow), the fine tuning rate adjustor (light green arrow), the shock absorber (blue arrow, NB: there are many different styles of shock absorbers on different clones of the eta 2824, the one in the picture is a lower end one), and finally note that the rotor runs on ball bearings (orange arrow).

A2836
This is another clone of an ETA movement that is never found inside a real Rolex. This movement is also reliable and easy to service. Some people prefer these movements since they are easy to fix or replace and “nobody can see inside my rep submariner”... the functions at the crown i.e. the direction you have to twist to set the date / time, will not necessarily be the same as on a cloned movement. Also this is a strange choice for a movement in a submariner since it has the functionality for both a day and date function, so it is more often seen in reps of the Rolex DayDate.

For identification purposes, this movement looks the same as the 2824 from the balance side, so there really aren't any easy ways to differentiate the two without looking at the keyless works or dial side of the movement. The pic below is here more for reference and the coloured arrows point to the same features noted in the description of the 2824 above.

41mm Submariners (1266XX) and 36mm and 41mm Datejust
There are several clones of the Rolex 3235 movement which appear in 41mm Subs, and 36mm & 41mm Datejusts. Please note: There are two version of the genuine Rolex 3235 movement which have slightly different sized date wheels. This is because the date window on the dial of the 41mm DJ is further out than the date window on the 41mm Submariner. If you are buying a replacement 3235 movement, be sure you get the correct version for your watch.

It’s worth noting that there are some 36mm Datejusts that use the VR3235 movement (e.g. the ones from Clean Factory), and the ones from VS Factory (VSF) use the excellent VS3235 movement. However, the majority of non CF or VSF 36mm DJs use an ETA clone. Unfortunately, the 3235 movement is too big for the 31mm Datejust case, so all replica 31mm Datejusts use lower end Asian clones of ETA movements. This is just a function of market pressure: there’s not a lot of demand for replica watches in lady sizes.

Genuine Rolex Caliber 3235
The genuine Rolex caliber 3235 is a relatively new movement with an astonishing 72 hour power reserve. Just like the genuine 3135 the genuine 3235 doesn’t have a regulation arm on the balance bridge (there is only a beat adjustor arm -- red arrow) since the movement is regulated by adjusting micro screw weights on the rim of the balance wheel (green arrows). All the replica 3235 movements have a regulation arm, so you’ll always see two arms on the rep movement balance bridges. Also note that the automatic rotor runs on ball bearings (blue arrow). Furthermore, the escape wheel on the gen movement is skeletonized (orange arrow), whereas it is solid on all the replicas of this movement.

VS3235
This is an incredible movement that is currently only available in VS Factory (VSF) subs and DJs. The movement has an amazing 70+ hour power reserve and is part compatible with the genuine Rolex movement. This means that it’s possible to swap gen parts into this movement to improve it. A common part swap on this movement is to replace the balance complete, pallet fork, and escape wheel with gen parts. With those parts swapped, the movement is virtually indistinguishable from the genuine caliber.

For identifications of this movement, look at the position of the two arms coming off the balance bridge (beat adjustor -- red arrow, and regulator arm -- green arrow): on the VS movement they face outwards. Also note the paraflex shock setting spring (blue arrow). The paraflex shock setting on the VS3235 movement is the actual functional shock setting, unlike on the VR3235 where the paraflex shock setting is simply a decoration plate.

Note: there is currently no non-date version of the VS3235, that is a "VS3230" movement doesn't exist (as of March 2023). The best option for a no-date 41mm submariner is the VR3230 movement (see below).

Also note that is is not possible to buy this movement on eBay or AliExpress. However, if you have a VSF sub or dj with a broken movement, there are many rep-friendly watch smiths who will be happy to swap in a VR3235 movement for you and take the broken VS3235 off your hands for spare parts.

VR3235
This is a very common movement that is used in Subs and DJs from many different factories. This movement is technically not a clone but more of a hybrid between a 3135 and 3235 movement. This movement is reliable, although it doesn’t have the same power reserve of the VS3235, at only around 40 hours. While spare parts for this movement can be hard to find, a replacement movement is only around $100 USD on AliExpress, so it’s often more economical to replace the movement with a new one rather than service an old one.
This movement is easy to identify because it has a “fake” beat adjuster arm pointing outwards from the balance bridge (blue arrow), but the two functional arms (beat adjustor -- red arrow, and regulator arm -- green arrow) are hidden underneath the balance bridge and face inwards. Also of note, the end-shake adjustment screw on the balance bridge (purple arrow) isn’t functional, so adjusting the end-shake of the balance needs to be done with foil shims. The end shake adjustment screw simply secures a decoration plate that houses the fake paraflex shock setting (orange arrow), there is a real shock setting under this decoration plate.

Note: there is a no-date version of this movement called the VR3230 which is used on Clean Factory (CF) no-date 41mm submariners (as of August 2022). The VR3230 is the best option for a clone movement in a no-date 41mm submariner.

SA3235
This movement appears in some DJ41s and DJ36s. This is not a great movement, and should be avoided. The movement is decorated with poor quality plates. In the images it’s possible to see paint flaking off of the “reversing wheels” of the automatic model.

This movement can easily be identified by the decoration at the center of the rotor that is trying to make it look like the rotor runs on ball bearings like the gen 3235 (red arrow). Furthermore, the shock setting spring (blue arrow) on the balance bridge is a three sided closed spring vs. the paraflex springs that are present on the gen, VS and VR (although on the VR the paraflex spring is part of a decoration plate, and the real shock setting can be found underneath). This is a movement to avoid.

GMT Movements
For GMT movements, there are movements that have the correct hand stack (CHS) and incorrect hand stack (ICHS) on modern (6-digit) GMT models (1167XX, and 1267XX). Correct hand stack means that the hour hand is on the bottom, the GMT hand is next, then the minute hand, and the seconds hand is on top. Incorrect Hand Stack means that the GMT hand is on the bottom, the hour hand is on top of the GMT hand, then the minute hand, and the seconds hand on top.

VR3186 (Correct Hand Stack)
This is a good movement. The VR3186 is reliable and has an hour hand jumping mechanism is strong. The VR3186 is sometimes engraved with the number 3285 (black arrow), but it’s the same movement. Below are two pictures showing the same movement with different engraving. Note that this movement is easily identifiable by the position of the arms on the balance bridge: both the beat adjuster (red arrow) and regulator arm (green arrow) point inwards and there’s a fake beat adjuster arm (blue arrow) facing outwards. Also note that a true 3285 clone movement (see below) has a rotor that runs on ball bearings not a jewel pivot (purple arrow) and has a paraflex shock setting (orange arrow) not a kif shock setting.

Note that there are VR3186 movements which have been engraved with the numbers "3285" (black arrow) but they are VR3186 in every other way.

SH3186 (Correct Hand Stack)
This is a time-bomb movement that should be avoided. The hour hand jumping mechanism is weak on this movement and is prone to breaking. Furthermore, the hour hand jumping mechanism isn’t gen-spec, so it can’t be repaired with gen parts.
This movement can be identified by inspecting the balance bridge: the beat adjustor (red arrow) and regulator arm (green arrow) point outwards (unlike the newer VR3186, NB: older versions of the VR3186 had arms that pointed outwards). Also, the shock setting has a steel cup (blue arrow) rather than a brass cup on the VR3186. Identification of this movement is non-trivial.

SA3186 (Correct Hand Stack)
This is another time-bomb movement. Like the SH3186 this movement has a weak hour hand jumping mechanism and should be avoided. This movement can be identified again by the position of the beat adjustor arm (red arrow, note the position of the hairspring screw on the end of the arm unlike on the SH3186 where this screw is on the side of the arm), and the regulator arm (green arrow) on the balance bridge. Also, unlike the SH3186, the SA3186 has a brass cup for the balance bridge shock setting (blue arrow).

A3186 (Incorrect Hand Stack)
This isn’t a clone of a rolex movement, but rather a clone of an ETA movement that is decorated to look like a rolex movement. ETA GMT movements are reliable and inexpensive to service and repair, however, the functionality does not match the Rolex GMT calibers. A better option is the VR3186. The movement is easy to identify by the shock setting (red arrow), the ETA style winding works (green arrow), and the ETA style reversing wheels (blue arrow).

A2836 (Incorrect Hand Stack)
It’s unclear why this movement is labeled as an Asian clone of the ETA 2836, since the ETA 2836 is not a GMT movement. It’s more likely that this is a clone of the ETA 2893 movement. Nonetheless, this movement is not going to function like a genuine Rolex GMT movement, and has the wrong hand stack on the dial. A far better option is to go with the VR3186. This movement is easy to identify from the ETA style balance cock assembly (red arrow).

SH3285 aka VR3285 (Correct Hand Stack)
This is a new movement (as of March 2023) which has started to appear in C+ Factory GMTs and Explorer IIs. There is little long term reliability information about this movement, although @CTime posted an excellent photo comparison of the SH3285 with the DD3285 and the Gen 3285. This movement appears to be based on the VR3235 movement (discussed above), as such it is not a true clone but rather a hybrid that has both 31XX style parts and 32XX style parts.

DD3285 aka CF3285 (Correct Hand Stack)
This is a new movement from Dandong movement factory (one of the best rep movement factories in China). This movement will apparently be exclusive to Clean Factory (CF). Based on the photo comparison posted above by @CTime, the DD3285 appears to be based on the excellent VS3235 movement, so it is likely that it will have the long 70 hour power reserve.

Daytona Movements

Dandong 4130 (aka "Noob 4130")

This movement is also known as the Noob4130 / N4130 / Dandong 4130. They are all the same. This movement is one of the highest quality replica movements available. For a long time it was exclusively available to Noob Factory. When Noob was raided and shut down in 2021, this movement disappeared from the rep scene. However, in early 2022 Clean Factory (CF), and then Better Factory (BTF), and Q Factory (QF) started making Daytonas with this movement. Daytonas with this movement are more expensive than Daytonas with a 7750 movement. However, if you care about the reliability and longevity of your rep, go for the 4130. It’s worth the extra cost.

The 4130 movement is also compatible with genuine Rolex parts. It’s common to replace the balance-complete, and the chronograph seconds wheel to build a movement that is nearly indistinguishable from the genuine Rolex caliber 4130.

The 4130 looks completely different from the 7750, learn to tell the two apart so that you can validate any claims made by a seller. Easy parts to look for when identifying a 4130 vs. a 7750 are that the 4130 has three screws securing the rotor (green arrow), a column wheel (red arrow), and a balance bridge (blue arrow) rather than a balance cock.

This is an Asian clone of an ETA 7750 movement. The reason that this movement isn’t great for the Daytona is because it is thicker than the 4130 movement, so the movement is often slimmed down (and thus made less reliable) to fit inside a 12.4mm thick Daytona case. Furthermore, the Daytona has its small seconds at 6 o’clock, but this is not the default position for the small seconds complication on the 7750 movement; various additional wheels need to be added to the top of the 7750 movement to get everything into the correct position. This complication adds stress to the movement and reduces reliability. With the clone 4130 widely available, it's a good idea to avoid Daytonas with the 7750 movement.

The 7750 can be identified by the single screw securing the rotor (red arrow), and the balance cock (green arrow) vs. the balance bridge see on the 4130.

Gully

5/3/23
Motor valley
Molto, molto interessante questo post che hai recuperato!
Grazie John, sono contento che stia tornando utile…
inoltre, seguendo il thread, vedo che la stanno continuamente aggiornando; pare che inizialmente ci fosse qualche errorino prontamente corretto dai ‘pezzi grossi’ del forum.
Per i pivelli come me questa guida è davvero una fonte di informazioni importantissima, mi sta aiutando molto nella scelta della mia prima super rep…

John Wick

11/2/23
Italy
Utilissima anche per distinguere un gen da un rep, dal momento che oggi la qualità di questi ultimi sta alzando sempre più l'asticella.
E comunque fa PAURA che il movimento VS3235 abbia parti intercambiabili con movimenti gen, cioè... è una roba pazzesca, se ci pensi, potresti trovarti di fronte ad un franken da poche migliaia di € spacciato per gen da un paio di decine di migliaia, e potresti pure non riuscire a distinguerlo.
Praticamente fa passare la voglia di acquistare un Rolex gen... il brand più falsificato al mondo... per lo meno fino a quando avranno quotazioni da capogiro.

Gully

5/3/23
Motor valley
Utilissima anche per distinguere un gen da un rep, dal momento che oggi la qualità di questi ultimi sta alzando sempre più l'asticella.
E comunque fa PAURA che il movimento VS3235 abbia parti intercambiabili con movimenti gen, cioè... è una roba pazzesca, se ci pensi, potresti trovarti di fronte ad un franken da poche migliaia di € spacciato per gen da un paio di decine di migliaia, e potresti pure non riuscire a distinguerlo.
Praticamente fa passare la voglia di acquistare un Rolex gen... il brand più falsificato al mondo... per lo meno fino a quando avranno quotazioni da capogiro.
Guarda john, Tieni presente che il VS3235 non è l’unico movimento compatibile con parti gen.
dopo aver letto quella guida ho fatto più o meno la tua stessa riflessione e sono andato su YouTube per capire meglio la situazione.
Ci sono migliaia di video di confronti tra gen e rep, fatti da orologiai esperti ed importanti, per far capire a che livello stanno arrivando i cinesi.
La stragrande maggioranza di questi orologiai è totalmente contro le rep ma stanno iniziando a vacillare.
Molti di loro asseriscono che ‘i cinesi hanno vinto’ dando la possibilità a più o meno tutti di accedere a modelli di design che altrimenti sarebbero assolutamente fuori portata.
E addirittura qualcuno si sbilancia dicendo che rimane contrario alle rep ma se gliene dovesse capitare uno tra le mani, di quelli definiti super cloni, non sarebbero certi che lo rifiuterebbero in caso si trattasse del modello economicamente irraggiungibile dei loro sogni.
Ormai quasi tutti gli esperti riconoscono che esteticamente alcuni modelli sono indistinguibili se non si ricorre a ‘microscopi’ o senza aprirli; talvolta devono addirittura smontare completamente il movimento dato l’avvento dei franken…
Anche i materiali usati ormai sono praticamente gli stessi dei gen.
La differenza sostanziale, alla fine, sta nei movimenti, tra rep e gen c’è ancora molta distanza…probabilmente voluta…se ci si pensa bene ai cinesi conviene fare rep da 5-800€ che durino qualche anno poi si rompono e ne compri un altro piuttosto che fare una rep da 1500€ che dura una vita e non ne compri più…
Morale della favola: a (quasi) parità di materiali e di design l’unica differenza è ‘solo’ il movimento e per me non giustifica una così grande distanza di prezzo; è chiaro che nei gen ciò che stai strapagando è lo status che il marchio ti conferisce…a me piace il modello di orologio, se è fatto e funziona bene che ci sia scritto Rolex o Solex non me ne frega niente, non devo dimostrare niente a nessuno nè spacciare la mia rep per gen…
Tutto ciò, ovviamente, è solo la mia opinione personale.

Reactions: John Wick

John Wick

11/2/23
Italy
Guarda john, Tieni presente che il VS3235 non è l’unico movimento compatibile con parti gen.
dopo aver letto quella guida ho fatto più o meno la tua stessa riflessione e sono andato su YouTube per capire meglio la situazione.
Ci sono migliaia di video di confronti tra gen e rep, fatti da orologiai esperti ed importanti, per far capire a che livello stanno arrivando i cinesi.
La stragrande maggioranza di questi orologiai è totalmente contro le rep ma stanno iniziando a vacillare.
Molti di loro asseriscono che ‘i cinesi hanno vinto’ dando la possibilità a più o meno tutti di accedere a modelli di design che altrimenti sarebbero assolutamente fuori portata.
E addirittura qualcuno si sbilancia dicendo che rimane contrario alle rep ma se gliene dovesse capitare uno tra le mani, di quelli definiti super cloni, non sarebbero certi che lo rifiuterebbero in caso si trattasse del modello economicamente irraggiungibile dei loro sogni.
Ormai quasi tutti gli esperti riconoscono che esteticamente alcuni modelli sono indistinguibili se non si ricorre a ‘microscopi’ o senza aprirli; talvolta devono addirittura smontare completamente il movimento dato l’avvento dei franken…
Anche i materiali usati ormai sono praticamente gli stessi dei gen.
La differenza sostanziale, alla fine, sta nei movimenti, tra rep e gen c’è ancora molta distanza…probabilmente voluta…se ci si pensa bene ai cinesi conviene fare rep da 5-800€ che durino qualche anno poi si rompono e ne compri un altro piuttosto che fare una rep da 1500€ che dura una vita e non ne compri più…
Morale della favola: a (quasi) parità di materiali e di design l’unica differenza è ‘solo’ il movimento e per me non giustifica una così grande distanza di prezzo; è chiaro che nei gen ciò che stai strapagando è lo status che il marchio ti conferisce…a me piace il modello di orologio, se è fatto e funziona bene che ci sia scritto Rolex o Solex non me ne frega niente, non devo dimostrare niente a nessuno nè spacciare la mia rep per gen…
Tutto ciò, ovviamente, è solo la mia opinione personale.
Nono, chiarissimo Gully, e assolutamente condivisibile come punto di vista.
Dal punto di vista morale, probabilmente non posso che dirmi contrario alle rep, ma è anche oggettivo che finché Rolex avranno quotazioni così alte, certi modelli gen non potrei permetterli salvo vincite alla lotteria.
E alla fine é come dici tu, le cose belle piacciono a chiunque.
Quello su cui certamente non posso che essere contrario é l’enorme divario di prezzo, perché dai… se una rep fatta benissimo costa 500€, un franken con movimento camuffato con parti gen quanto..? 1500€? … non puoi chiedere 15.000€ per il gen, dai… diventa una palese presa per i fondelli :rolleyes:
Sono orologi gen da 5.000€ a dir tanto e la maggior parte pur sempre in acciaio, ricordiamoci…

(Secondo il mio modesto parere)

E allora se dobbiamo prenderci per il culo, un po’ Rolex se la va cercando a mio dire :D

Gully

5/3/23
Motor valley
Nono, chiarissimo Gully, e assolutamente condivisibile come punto di vista.
Dal punto di vista morale, probabilmente non posso che dirmi contrario alle rep, ma è anche oggettivo che finché Rolex avranno quotazioni così alte, certi modelli gen non potrei permetterli salvo vincite alla lotteria.
E alla fine é come dici tu, le cose belle piacciono a chiunque.
Quello su cui certamente non posso che essere contrario é l’enorme divario di prezzo, perché dai… se una rep fatta benissimo costa 500€, un franken con movimento camuffato con parti gen quanto..? 1500€? … non puoi chiedere 15.000€ per il gen, dai… diventa una palese presa per i fondelli :rolleyes:
Sono orologi gen da 5.000€ a dir tanto e la maggior parte pur sempre in acciaio, ricordiamoci…

(Secondo il mio modesto parere)

E allora se dobbiamo prenderci per il culo, un po’ Rolex se la va cercando a mio dire :D
Esatto John, sono perfettamente d’accordo.
Alla fine chi me lo fa fare di spendere tutti quei soldi per un gen quando un’ottima replica la trovo a 5-800€…
Io ho la passione dei motori d’epoca, 2 e 4 ruote (ovviamente di valore alla mia portata, non sono ricco), se voglio spendere 8-10 o più mila € preferisco comprarmi una moto o un’auto.
Ma qui ovviamente si va sulle passioni personali, non critico assolutamente chi colleziona orologi e i suoi soldi li spende in quelli o in qualunque altra cosa gli piaccia.
Quello che critico è che trovo esagerato il prezzo che pagherei per un marchio piuttosto che per il reale valore del pezzo in questione.
Quindi sono d’accordo con chi dice ‘i cinesi hanno vinto’; hanno reso fruibile un prodotto che altrimenti non lo sarebbe…
Poi dopo c’è modo e modo di usare una rep, chi per apparire, chi per ostentare, chi per puro piacere di avere quel design di orologio…scelte personali…

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
Esatto John, sono perfettamente d’accordo.
Alla fine chi me lo fa fare di spendere tutti quei soldi per un gen quando un’ottima replica la trovo a 5-800€…
Io ho la passione dei motori d’epoca, 2 e 4 ruote (ovviamente di valore alla mia portata, non sono ricco), se voglio spendere 8-10 o più mila € preferisco comprarmi una moto o un’auto.
Ma qui ovviamente si va sulle passioni personali, non critico assolutamente chi colleziona orologi e i suoi soldi li spende in quelli o in qualunque altra cosa gli piaccia.
Quello che critico è che trovo esagerato il prezzo che pagherei per un marchio piuttosto che per il reale valore del pezzo in questione.
Quindi sono d’accordo con chi dice ‘i cinesi hanno vinto’; hanno reso fruibile un prodotto che altrimenti non lo sarebbe…
Poi dopo c’è modo e modo di usare una rep, chi per apparire, chi per ostentare, chi per puro piacere di avere quel design di orologio…scelte personali…
Mi aggrego.. 2-3 anni fa compravi un explorer 2 a 5k.. adesso non bastano neanche per un oyster perpetual.. direi esagerati considerando la differenza di movimento e funzioni

redthumber

Known Member
18/5/22
direi esagerati considerando la differenza di movimento e funzioni

come si può criticare un marchio che produce poco meno di 1 milione di orologi l'anno e ha liste di attesa di ANNI per le consegne di alcuni modelli? è chiaro che la loro è una scelta di marketing. omega, breitling, tag (giusto per citare marchi ugualmente prestigiosi ma non improponibili per i più) producono meno orologi e spesso li puoi trovare disponibili in negozio.

anche la scelta di "premiare" i clienti favoriti può essere vista in maniera sgradevole, ma a livello di marketing ha indiscutibilmente porta la ragione dalla loro parte (in questo periodo storico).

attenzione che qua si dimentica che replicare un orologio è un qualcosa di illegale. dire che "rolex se la va cercando" è come dire che una ragazza troppo bella non può vestirsi troppo provocante altrimenti lo stupro è giustificato. qua nessuno vuole fare il moralista, però vale la pena anche dire le cose come stanno...

anche questo punto secondo me sarebbe da approfondire. è chiaro che chi compra una rep, nel 99,9% dei casi vuole apparire e ostentare. altrimenti non avrebbe senso questa ricerca spasmodica della rep perfetta, con il dial al taglio laser con lo stesso riflesso o con la ghiera del gmt con la stessa sfumatura.

magari perchè quell'orologio non se lo può permettere o perchè non vuole attendere i tempi biblici della consegna o semplicemente per motivi suoi. ma se il vero motivo fosse "solo" il design, allora esistono orologi homage (legali) assolutamente identici ai modelli più famosi. senza il logo rolex o le famose coroncine rolex.

questo si tratta, ovviamente, di un mio pensiero. e quanto scritto vale anche per il sottoscritto. :)

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15

Ma no, dai, si distingue benissimo dalla qualita' e dal livello di finitura, che non e' replicabile per motivi di costo, non solo di professionalita'.
E poi le reps anche come "esterno" non saranno distinguibili al bar , ma analizzate un minimo hanno mille differenze che a cosi' ad occhio non si notano, ma che un tizio qualunque un minimo accorto vede benissimo, magari aiutandosi con una lente d'ingrandimento da 10 euro comprata all' Ipercoop. :)

Il sub da 500 euro costera' a chi lo produce quanto ? Cento euro?
Se fosse un clone boucheroniano perfetto vorrebbe proprio dire che i cinesi fabbrica-reps hanno innominabili rapporti di collaborazione con quei marziani che gia' aiutarono gli egiziani a fare le piramidi , perlomeno secondo la teoria di quel pazzo di Peter Kolosimo. 😃 😃 😃

Lo scopo della rep e' "somigliargli" con prezzo abbordabile, non "essere uguale identico" .
I fake venduti per veri sono soprattutto una leggenda metropolitana ed uno che compra una cinesata pagandola 20 K come un gen, ammesso che esista, e' tutto scemo. :matto:

John Wick

11/2/23
Italy
attenzione che qua si dimentica che replicare un orologio è un qualcosa di illegale. dire che "rolex se la va cercando" è come dire che una ragazza troppo bella non può vestirsi troppo provocante altrimenti lo stupro è giustificato. qua nessuno vuole fare il moralista, però vale la pena anche dire le cose come stanno...
Non trovo il paragone dello stupro molto calzante, replicare un prodotto è qualcosa di vietato dalla legge a tutela dell’ingegno, perché progettare qualcosa é piú difficile e costoso che non copiarlo… si tratta di rendere il mercato giusto, non libero. Se, e dico se, qualcuno riesce a creare un prodotto identico al tuo (e mi ha spiegato membrelli che proprio identico non sarà mai, scusate ma non sono un esperto e nemmeno un patito del dettaglio)… ma se ci riuscisse e lo facesse ad una frazione ridicola del prodotto originale… beh, delle due l’una: o il costruttore originale sta sbagliando la sua strategia di mercato o qualcosa nella sua catena produttiva ha fallito.

Questo voglio dire con ‘se la va cercando’. Devi offrire qualcosa di esclusivo e non replicabile per essere l’unico, altrimenti esporrai sempre il fianco a qualcun altro che viene e fa la tua stessa roba meglio di te. Il concetto era estremamente chiaro ad alcuni compositori classici del passato, provarono a scrivere musica che non fosse nella loro mente suonabile da altri.

redthumber

Known Member
18/5/22
Se, e dico se, qualcuno riesce a creare un prodotto identico al tuo
Certo, il paragone è forte. Ma volutamente forte. Tu, giustamente, parli del prodotto identico ragionando sui costi di materiali e costruzione in sé. Rolex (visto che si parlava di questa marca) ormai è più uno status che un “semplice” orologio. La maggioranza della loro clientela, compra il marchio prima che l’orologio. Così come l’utente medio su questo sito (io per primo) cerca la rep perfetta per il marchio.

Marchio che investe copiosamente in sponsor, collaborazioni, pubblicità, ecc. Questa è la semplice base del marketing. Rolex, coltiva il suo status, oltre alla scelta di limitare il prodotti sfornati ogni anno, anche con questo. Perché il cliente vuole l’orologio della marca che vede in F1, piuttosto che al polso di Federer, piuttosto che il modello del suo torneo di tennis preferito, ecc.

Ovvio che il sig. Chan della ChanFactory non ha questi oneri accessori, che superano sicuramente di gran lunga il mero costo di produzione del singolo segnatempo. Oltre al fatto che, altrettanto sicuramente, si voglia marginare il “giusto”.

Quello che consigliavo io (col sorriso 🤗) è semplicemente di evitare di parlare di design o criticare, a caso, scelte di aziende.

Se un utente, appassionato, cerca il design allora può tranquillamente comprare questo (https://chrono24.app/all/sugess-405...-v2--id25549758.htm?SETLANG=it_IT&SETCURR=EUR) spendendo 9-10 volte meno dell’originale. Comprando un prodotto delle stesso design, legale ma senza la scritta “Rolex”.

🙂