• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF JLC Master Control Date

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
My anniversary is in October. I'll have either a rep or gen Master Control on my wrist by then. As an aside, I'm working with some TDs trying to source a "domestic only" ZF Day & Night handwound Reverso. I believe it's 2mm thicker than gen(disappointing), but I'm waiting to hear back.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/p5ksa4

beautiful piece but not my taste. But I can see why you like that watch.

What does the term domestic mean in this context?

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So give you an update. I have ordered the watch. I went to the AD to check it out and it's just such beautiful watch.

I will keep you updated with my QC pics as soon as they arrive. Since there is not much information about this watch on the forum I will try my best. Besides the QC pics I might do an on hands review as soon as I have it in my hands.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Thanks for the update. I'm happy to look over your QC pics with you. I'm considering buying the rep to do a side by side comparison, but the Master Control Calendar (with moonphase) has caught my eye recently.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thanks for the update. I'm happy to look over your QC pics with you. I'm considering buying the rep to do a side by side comparison, but the Master Control Calendar (with moonphase) has caught my eye recently.

Yeah that's a nice piece. Go for GEN for the moonphase. Such a nice complication is worth to go gen.
A side by side would be awesome. Could be that this rep is currently underrated.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I rejected my first watch. The 3 screws in the middle were silver and not blue.
Hope that my TD can solve the issue and that its not a whole batch with this problem.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Looks like the first batch had blue screws if you look at the QC I posted. I've ordered my gen from Chronext with a 4 week lead time.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
A couple of pics of the gen that just arrived. The bezel is much thinner than previous versions which makes it read larger.

Last edited:

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Yes. I even received the watch. I really love the quality of it. sadly I just dont feel like the watch is fitting to me so I jost wore it 3 times.
--> so I am gonna sell it again.

I had the same issue with the gen. As a dressy casual watch that's all dial, it was just too big for my 6.7" wrist. Ended up returning it for a Heuer Carrera Special Edition (Green Dial).

Reactions: rockdaytona