• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a gen bracelet fit the ZF Ultra Thin Moon?

bocodoku

Horology Curious
5/11/20
I've ordered the Masters Ultra Thin Moon by ZF on PureTime, and I'm thinking about getting a GEN leather strap from JLC directly, which costs £310 -- is it worth it, and more importantly, will it fit?

ZmQbMt.jpg

Anyone has some experience to share? Thank you!

Last edited:

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
Yes it’ll fit, is it worth it. Wait until you get the watch, then decide. Mine was awful so I used the strap on another watch. I don’t think a really good MUT exists, they’re all slightly flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I would have to wonder how many leather straps of a good brand you can buy for that price of one JLC strap... I dont even know which brands are the good ones.. hadly roma? I dunno...

Last edited:

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
to me, leather straps are consumables.. well anyway, I too got a MUT rep and was wanting a better strap, my rep takes a 21mm. the one that came with it was very thin, so I went and got one from ebay. around 6 bucks, padded leather, came with three spring bars and a tool. I would do it again, its a pretty okay leather strap. eBay item number: 353175586440

FelixS

Renowned Member
9/1/19
Munich, Germany
I've ordered the Masters Ultra Thin Moon by ZF on PureTime, and I'm thinking about getting a GEN leather strap from JLC directly, which costs £310 -- is it worth it, and more importantly, will it fit?

ZmQbMt.jpg

Anyone has some experience to share? Thank you!

yes, it will fit perfectly, also the rep clasp fits - and it will take your watch to a much higher level.

I did it with mine and would do it again without hesitate.

It is worth every € :)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Get a Camille fournet it will be cheaper and same quality as gen (they manufacture patek Philippe straps)

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Gen JLC leather strap will fit. You might want to look at ebay/Chrono24 for used ones - save you some $$s.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
i myself order a alligator strap handmade for my MUT.
But i have to be honest, i still want a Camille fournet