• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How is your JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon holding up over time?

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Looking to add this as my next dress watch. How is yours functioning (if you've had it for a while now)? Is the moon phase finicky or still working well? I am looking to get either the GF or ZF since that has the true monthly moonphase.

Woodz

3/12/15
Yeah I really like this watch interested to hear peoples opinions. Apparently the ZF and AZF are the closest to gen but have heard the movements are a time-bomb. I'd imagine the reps with the miyota 9015 are solid but then you gotta deal with the noisy ass rotor.

tokrio12

Horology Curious
8/8/20
Yeah I really like this watch interested to hear peoples opinions. Apparently the ZF and AZF are the closest to gen but have heard the movements are a time-bomb. I'd imagine the reps with the miyota 9015 are solid but then you gotta deal with the noisy ass rotor.

you're probably thinking of YLF and AZF, not ZF and AZF. ZF and GF are currently considered to be the two top choices for the JLC MUT, with the ZF having better printing while GF has a better 3d moon and curved dial

watchnerd23

10/6/19

I've got a GF Cartier Santos rep with the Miyota 9015 and its dead silent. I cant hear a thing. Maybe I got lucky?

Zaus

Known Member
7/11/17
I've got a GF Cartier Santos rep with the Miyota 9015 and its dead silent. I cant hear a thing. Maybe I got lucky?

Did you lubricate the movement additionally? If no, then maybe movement was lubricated good enough in the factory. Ofc if case is thick enough then rotor noise is less audible.

watchnerd23

10/6/19
Did you lubricate the movement additionally? If no, then maybe movement was lubricated good enough in the factory. Ofc if case is thick enough then rotor noise is less audible.

Nope, I didnt do anything to it. I wonder if maybe the case is thick enough that I dont hear it.

saturne

Horology Curious
7/1/19
I wear it approximatly every working day since the date it was released. Stil working perfectly.
Plan to change the strap. The watch is super nice, not the strap.

Reactions: watchnerd23

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I have the ZF variant and it's beautiful and working great so far.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I have the ZF from Ryan, working brilliantly so far. The power reserve is probably not as strong as less complicated watches in my collection (a solid day and a half and it's empty if off the wrist) but it looks amazing and is quiet. Happy to post some photos.

Reactions: tokrio12

tokrio12

Horology Curious
8/8/20
I have the ZF from Ryan, working brilliantly so far. The power reserve is probably not as strong as less complicated watches in my collection (a solid day and a half and it's empty if off the wrist) but it looks amazing and is quiet. Happy to post some photos.

Benmilesbc I'm also buying the ZF JLC MUT, I'd really love it if you could post some pictures as reference! =)

Last edited:
Reactions: pistebasher

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
I have the ZF one and it is working very well but I hate the strap. Did anyone replace the strap?

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I have the ZF one and it is working very well but I hate the strap. Did anyone replace the strap?

The strap is no where near the quality of the watch. I gathered this from the forums when I was researching. So decided to order a crocodile strap from ZicZac (since ordering they have become a TD strap seller).

These are my straps. Can recommend, the quality is incomparable to the standard strap with the watch. Really elevates it.

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
Thanks. This watch needs a thin strap not bulky. How are they in the watch? do you have a picture with the watch on them? Did you order online?

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Thanks. This watch needs a thin strap not bulky. How are they in the watch? do you have a picture with the watch on them? Did you order online?

They offer a FULL custom service from the taper of the strap to the pad thickness. You can even specify to the 0.5mm of thickness to just what you want.

They were very professional I just told them it was a JLC moonphase they knew immediately the lug width, curved springs and was able to advise the pad thickness. I just went for gen spec.

Not yet. I'll have it installed next week can post update then.