• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vegan band for reverso

huge75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/19
Hi I am getting a rep reverso and wanted to know if any of you have suggestions for a non leather watch band.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Hey friend, same boat (not buying animal products). Sad cause I love sneakers and I love watches on leather straps. I have a couple of ideas for you:

1. ColaReb makes some vegan options such as EcoSuede and one made out of tree fiber. I put the latter on a piece and it actually looks quite nice and feels great. There’s also a material out there called “Lorica” which is synthetic and resembles leather but it’s fairly inexpensive.

2. RubberB has these amazing new straps that are entirely vulcanized rubber but they’ve managed to recreate the feel of a variety of animal textures and I’ve heard some very good things. I plan on buying one of these at some point for a dress piece I have.

3. If it’s an ethics thing, sometimes I buy used animal product straps and it’s less guilty for me, though I acknowledge the validity that the used market props up the new purchase market to some extent.

Hope some of this helps, best of luck.

Reactions: huge75

Zoden21

Looking Around
5/6/20
Honestly, RubberBs "fake" croc offering is quite nice, held it and tried it in real life and was quite impressed with it, of course it comes at a price tag but I think if you are really with a watch that you say: I wanna keep this for at least a solid 3-5 years. Then this might be good option for you, cause if you buy something thats only 50 bucks and you end up wearing it two times it will end up more expensive for you then something thats 250-300 bucks but ends up on your wrist 200 times.