• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AZF Jaeger Lecoultre 1368420 1378480

Bgarcia7

Horology Curious
14/10/13
The only gripe I have is that they grey dial reference is made in white gold, and they didn’t include the proper hallmarks + the clasp still has “stainless steel” engraved on it. Technically a pretty insignificant flaw, but if they’re going out of their way to make such a well made rep and even release a previously unrepped colorway you would think they’d notice.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
If the factories only let our members review the watch before production. We would catch all the blunders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s not gonna happen. They put flaws in the watches on purpose all the time.

Reactions: tkingjr

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Just got mine in hand today, only real flaw I can tell that's consistent across their watches it seems is that the dates printed around the moonphase is too close to the inside and doesn't sit on the center instead. Which is honestly a real shame considering how flawless the rest of the watch and moonphase in general is. Hope they come up with a v2 to make a real 1:1 super rep version of it

Yes, that flaw is obvious when looking at the comparison images supplied by the factory.
An absolute shame to make such a obvious error.

stack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/14
Yes, that flaw is obvious when looking at the comparison images supplied by the factory.
An absolute shame to make such a obvious error.

Totally agree... Wait AZF to correct that with a V2 and we will the best rep for this watch :)

It's really pitty because it's a little flaw (and easy to correct) but so catch eye which relegates AZF to the back of the ranking

Last edited:

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Totally agree... Wait AZF to correct that with a V2 and we will the best rep for this watch :)

It's really pitty because it's a little flaw (and easy to correct) but so catch eye which relegates AZF to the back of the ranking

I’m still dumbfounded that they allowed it to be produced. I would assume they had it manufactured by a vendor and produced all the dials with that flaw, and had no choice but to go ahead with production.

I’m also waiting for the update, I will pass on this version for now.

Reactions: stack

osw880

13/11/15
About a week ago, several new ANF JLC MUTs were uploaded on Puretime with a price tag of $348.

I am not sure 1) if this is V2 and 2) if the flaws from the previous version were fixed or not. Curious to know what you guys think.

Grey & White pics shown below

stack

8/5/14

When you see the correct align by azf on Réserve de marche. I'm pretty sure they can be the same thing on moonphase :p

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
For those of you wondering about the diameter and thickness of the Reserve de Marche from AZF, here's a few of my QC photos for reference. 0.6mm difference from gen really isn't bad.
e419b6989069c3e7cbd5269f9fdb0573fe80e9f5a8dba8d.md.jpg

361a342bb1125b36721465930db3e0d400b93b7e875bfef.md.jpg

Last edited:

stack

8/5/14
Hello guys,

I want order an azf Master Ultra Thin Moon ; but i'm afraid about the print around the moonphase. People who ordered it, can tell me if the print is aligned correctly?

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
Hi, seems so hard to choose the right ultra thin moonphase.
I'd like to get a silver or dark grey model (not definitely sure about the dial's color).
Tell me if I'm wrong but from different readings that's my conclusions :
- ZF : great finish but moon phase doesn't look good. Miyota 9015.
- RG : quite close to ZF but with better moon phase and less good finish. Miyota 9015.
- YLF : terrible finish. Clone movement. We don't know its reliability.
​​​​- ARF : date is misaligned. We don't know its reliability.
- mystery factory : ?

Veey hard ti make a choice.... ????

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Hello guys,

I want order an azf Master Ultra Thin Moon ; but i'm afraid about the print around the moonphase. People who ordered it, can tell me if the print is aligned correctly?

Not an issue. So small. Can’t see in real life. Don’t look at those zoomed pics above. Waste of time. Just buy it if you like the look. Lovely Watches.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: RiffRalf

hong999

25/1/19
I plan to get a grey dial AZF JLC MUT moonphase, but I would like to know whether it is a true moonphase.

To all AZF JLC MUT moonphase owner, can you please share your opinion on this?
AZF moonphase takes 30 days to complete the orbit cycle (new moon - full moon - then new moon again)? Or it takes 15 days (just like GF and AZ)?

ChronoNoob

26/6/20
Bought a GF ultra moon. I don't mind the date printing being closer. These aren't being resold as genuine. Is it that important to get everything perfect? Just enjoy the watch and look for what it is.

The AZ version appeals to me because of the cloned movement. I don't mind the Miyota so much but would prefer finish and feel over everything else (so long as it's neat and close enough). Is the AZ version about the same as ZF and GF's in the finish department?

Reactions: derrickcrash

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Bought a GF ultra moon. I don't mind the date printing being closer. These aren't being resold as genuine. Is it that important to get everything perfect? Just enjoy the watch and look for what it is.

The AZ version appeals to me because of the cloned movement. I don't mind the Miyota so much but would prefer finish and feel over everything else (so long as it's neat and close enough). Is the AZ version about the same as ZF and GF's in the finish department?

I am wondering the same thing really before pulling the trigger on a AZ grey dial