• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso Duo face MGF Review

Dukeman1234

Looking Around
28/5/21
Got some good news, my TD said they will take the watch back and figure out what’s going on! Really excited to have a working version of this watch and happy to see that these people aren’t just leaving me with a poorly functioning product.

Reactions: common

fogged_glass

Horology Curious
5/2/21
The flaw that turned me off from this piece was the line that runs down the side and splits the watch.
It looks quite large

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
This wonderful creation by MG factory fails in it's faithfulness to the original Gen in one further and magnificent way. almost a comedy of error.
That is that the second time zone on the reverse dial is entirely independent and can be set to any alternative time.
It is also accompanied by a subdial displaying 24 hours and thus confirming for those who may not have windows in their homes, if it is indeed day or night.

All in all, not an amazing Rep, although a damn good one. But a truly wonderful and beautifully made watch with an extremely interesting and rare functionality, which in my perhaps jaded by too many years looking at watches opinion, is so much a better watch than the watch it is emulating

I originally coined the acronym NWBIG which now a few years later is ubiquitously present in Rep forum speak.

I hereby further coin the acronym BBIG better than buying in Gen
BBIG, you're 100 % right .

This is virtually the only Reverso good rep (yes, there was the 1931 Tribute from Puretime, but years ago and it's sold out since long time)...for me MGF did and Excellent job.

This will be one of my next Reps for sure ! (y)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thank you Yes the strap it came on was truly dreadful. It was calf leather but inside it said "genuine Alligator" Possibly the most awefull strap I have seen. I put it on the only spare 24x20 mm strap i had which is a Vietnam made gator strap of mediocre quality. I will buy a better one .
@timnic54 Thx for the review.
It's been a long time I've been hunting for a decent Reverso. This one seems credible, especially with its mechanical movement. Which may be a pain to repair if problems ever occur. But this is an other topic...

As you mentionned, the strap deserves being changed, all the more as some versions seem to have a spelling mistake on the text.
I am really not sure about the size. I'll be when it's here... In 2 weeks. So not sure if I will get a strap before Xmas then.

You mention 24/20. I asked also TT but his measurements are not correctly done IMO (he measures the strap instead of the lugs)

Therefore the question.
The gen is mentionned at 20mm lugsize.
TT measurements show something close to 22 (although they do not even care about changing the batteries of their caliper.) :rolleyes:
I'm going to order either a gen look-a-like on ebay, or a smooth horween cordovan shell strap.

So, which size ?

Thx for any advice.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
Thank you - I ordered my Black Friday Reverso from Ctime on black Friday as well. Can’t wait but thank you for the recon on the strap as I already want to switch it out.

FYI still waiting on my package. Was sent on the 11/26 and it’s still updating as “Jamaica NY”. Sadly, I don’t think it will make it in time for Christmas

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I just put in an order for one from Andrew at TT (hurrah for 10% off Xmas special plus an extra 5% off for paying in crypto). I went for the SS case with white/blue dials. It’s gonna take all my will power not to open the case as soon as it arrives to do a teardown of the movement. I’m super curious how it works, and I haven’t seen a teardown (or even a picture) of the movement anywhere.

Benodino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/23
Ireland
I just put in an order for one from Andrew at TT (hurrah for 10% off Xmas special plus an extra 5% off for paying in crypto). I went for the SS case with white/blue dials. It’s gonna take all my will power not to open the case as soon as it arrives to do a teardown of the movement. I’m super curious how it works, and I haven’t seen a teardown (or even a picture) of the movement anywhere.
I did actually the same. I bet it was the only one available. Looking forward to have the warch!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Technically yes. But something misses for me on the wrist.
The dials are superb, especially the white/silver one.
The movement also is performing as it should, making the watch completely credible.
The strap is the weak point, this is why I replaced it.
12mm height, not so bad for a rep.
I'd really like to know how it aesthetically lokks like...

Benodino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/23
Ireland
Did you get an original one? If you can share the link...

I find the strap okay but I ll wait to get the watch before being able to compare...

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Did you get an original one? If you can share the link...

I find the strap okay but I ll wait to get the watch before being able to compare...

I just digged into my strap box and found that one :)

Reactions: Benodino

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
No quickset for the hour hand, one position enables time setting on the white face, the second position sets the time on the black side.
The movement is credible and fully functional but not operating like the gen, from what I read.

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
I ordered one and paid in an order with other watches, but the TD told me it was almost impossible to get one... but from what I see you managed to get one, I think I'll try again