• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Polaris Geographic ZF

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
As far as I know its the same as gen. The lug width is 21mm and thickness is 12mm.

There is a slight doming on the crystal.

Reactions: NewFan0803

NewFan0803

15/1/16
As far as I know its the same as gen. The lug width is 21mm and thickness is 12mm.

There is a slight doming on the crystal.

Hey, thanks for the reply ! I meant to as the lug height (so the length between the end to end points of the lugs). I have the unfortunate problem of skinny wrists so want to check if it s going to overhang haha

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
If you've got skinny wrists, this isn't the watch for you. Look at something sub 40mm or something with a bracelet with SEL's, it lessens the appearance.

I've got 7 3/4 wrists and a couple of the Breitling 47mm watches look like I've tethered a dust bin lid to my wrist.

Reactions: NewFan0803

vienna38

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
france
got the miyota 9015 YLFversion and rotor is quite noisy and hard to rewind.
nice watch anyway!

Last edited:

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Did you end up getting the watch relumed? Just wondering how bad is the lume.

After owing it for couple of quarters, do you still recommend the watch? Is it still functioning properly?

I have quietly debated in my mind about the watch, and I am finally ready to purchase.

So thanks to Sead arrived sooner than hoped, shipping time to the UK about 7 days.

Its a rep, so the strap is awful, lume application is lumpy on some indices and theres some dust on the inside of the crystal.

Thoughts, personally, I like it. Enough to invest in a Camille Fournet strap, get the lume redone and the crystal cleaned up, yes. Am I bothered about the non working third time zone no. I've got a 1 in 250 chance of being called out in worldwide population of 7.8 billion.

Against my Deep Sea Chrono

JLFast

12/1/17
Beautiful watch and I appreciate all the insight and photos. I only have one JLC (Duometre) and absolutely love it. Considering how expensive JLC’s are new, the fact that they can be recreated with most functions operable for this price is amazing. Not sure why I never considered adding another JLC to my collection, but I definitely plan to now.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Thoughts, personally, I like it. Enough to invest in a Camille Fournet strap, get the lume redone and the crystal cleaned up, yes.

Did you ever have this work done? If so, wondering how the watch is holding up and your thoughts after so much time has passed. Thinking about picking one up, having it relumed and a double AR treatment on the crystal and maybe even having the movement serviced (want this to be my daily) so would appreciate your feedback before i embark on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Did you ever have this work done? If so, wondering how the watch is holding up and your thoughts after so much time has passed. Thinking about picking one up, having it relumed and a double AR treatment on the crystal and maybe even having the movement serviced (want this to be my daily) so would appreciate your feedback before i embark on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I had a thinning of the collection and it went. Personally, I’d get the watch first to see if you bond with it, double AR and either a gen strap or a high quality replacement would make it a nicer piece.