• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Polaris Geographic ZF

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
I have asked a TD about the time display on the 6 if it able to set time like the ZF master control geographic which runs on the miyota 9015. Told by him that the A23J don't work the same and doesn't.

I see a few of the other brands like AP dual time or the VC dual time that also runs in the A23J movements and I guess it just a mirror of the main hour and minutes hands or maybe the hour hands can be set while the minutes hand is a mirror to the main minutes hand. either way in my view, but I may be wrong.

Reactions: JLFast and vcappp

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Apparently, if you wind the crown in the opposite direction you can set the Sub Dial at 6 to a different time zone. The only non functioning part on the watch is the time zone disc/bezel thingymebob.

I’m more tempted to buy one now, but thanks to Tech I’m now feeling the urge to scratch the itch for a JLC Geographic which I’d not thought about until he mentioned it in this thread.

Reactions: JLFast and vcappp

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
So did anyone get it ? As per functions ,even if it was gen I doubt anyone would know how they work. So we are good here ,I am interested to know the quality and building construction overall. Also this Aj23 movement is it any good?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
From the lack of pictures on this thread, I think the answer to that is a No. $538 on an unknown is a hell of a punt when that money could be spent elsewhere on a certainty.

+1. I am a firm believer that the more gears and complications introduced on a rep movement, the more prone it to failure. Plus the dial looks a bit too busy to me.

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
I think you’re right about the movement. But it’s a replication of a genuine and very very rare watch, so you can level the same criticism at the genuine item. After receiving a GF JLC MUT with crud all over dial and indices that dropped out in transit, the factories can’t even replicate the simple stuff well and it’s not even like the prices are getting cheaper either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
I ordered one a week ago. Through a guy I've been using in the UK for a few years. He's a trusted guy to me... I've got this, the blue thin jlc that's recently launched, bit of a dress watch think it's 39mm and also a blue dj41. He looks after me so I'm getting a good deal on all 3. I'll post some images and a review when it arrives. Thought this would be crazy popular...

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
????????????

Look forward to seeing it.

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Sorry about the question marks, should have been thumbs up. Grrrrr technology.

Ticktock8

👽👽👽👽👽
Patron
Certified
27/2/17
UK
Thanks for those videos. Had to install an app to get them to play but well worth it. I think it will be a welcome addition to my collection and something different to subs and seamasters! I've worn both of the aforementioned today. Love them but welcome the change. Thanks all

Reactions: immortalchef

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Thanks for those videos. Had to install an app to get them to play but well worth it. I think it will be a welcome addition to my collection and something different to subs and seamasters! I've worn both of the aforementioned today. Love them but welcome the change. Thanks all

Have you got the watch yet? I'd much appreciate some feedback from real users!

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
I’m hoping mine should be here in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Dmage

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
So thanks to Sead arrived sooner than hoped, shipping time to the UK about 7 days.

Its a rep, so the strap is awful, lume application is lumpy on some indices and theres some dust on the inside of the crystal.

Thoughts, personally, I like it. Enough to invest in a Camille Fournet strap, get the lume redone and the crystal cleaned up, yes. Am I bothered about the non working third time zone no. I've got a 1 in 250 chance of being called out in worldwide population of 7.8 billion.

Against my Deep Sea Chrono

huge75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/19
So thanks to Sead arrived sooner than hoped, shipping time to the UK about 7 days.

Its a rep, so the strap is awful, lume application is lumpy on some indices and theres some dust on the inside of the crystal.

Thoughts, personally, I like it. Enough to invest in a Camille Fournet strap, get the lume redone and the crystal cleaned up, yes. Am I bothered about the non working third time zone no. I've got a 1 in 250 chance of being called out in worldwide population of 7.8 billion.

Against my Deep Sea Chrono

Thanks for posting journey man! I have been following the thread for a while but I am still confused as to what of the gen functions are working and what are not on the rep... could you clarify once and for all?

Cheers

H

Reactions: vcappp

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
So what works;

PR Indicator
Date Indicator
Second Time Indicator at 6 o’clock can be set independently to main time
City Indicator operated by crown at 10 o’clock

What doesn’t work;

The third time zone disc (disc between City Indicator and Dial) is fixed on the rep and rotates on genuine watch.

After 24 hours on my wrist, what I have noticed is the rotor is pretty noisy and the lume is awful and I think they assembled it on the living room carpet as most of it is on the face and crystal, but I’m going to send it away to get the lume re-done and get any dust cleaned out at the same time.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Journeyman Looks great!

Am I bothered about the non working third time zone no. I've got a 1 in 250 chance of being called out in worldwide population of 7.8 billion.

That's 31 million people to call you out. So basically, everyone in Shanghai and then some... :eek:hwell:

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I don't know why, but I keep on looking at this watch even though I was never a JLC fan ( mostly Patek, AP, Rolex and IWC). Am really tempted. Wristy please