• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YLF Master Ultra Thin Moon

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
I got my JLC from TD yesterday,but it’s not the one from yl factory. TD told me AZ Factory JLC better than YlF Ones.
c5dd4bc799883c0906c8f26583dd1af7.jpg
97f79c014b50093ffe13734b38715b0d.jpg

通过我的 EML-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

sorry but what factory is AZ? isn't there just YLF ZF and GF? ZF and GF have a myota movement, while YLF clone, apparently from your photo also this AZ has the clone movement, tell us more, it seems better done also in the dial this AZ compared to YLF, The absolute top would be clone movement in the GF v2 inquire if it is possible to purchase the single movement of this AZ or YLF.

BE9

Horology Curious
20/5/20
Ontario
sorry but what factory is AZ? isn't there just YLF ZF and GF? ZF and GF have a myota movement, while YLF clone, apparently from your photo also this AZ has the clone movement, tell us more, it seems better done also in the dial this AZ compared to YLF, The absolute top would be clone movement in the GF v2 inquire if it is possible to purchase the single movement of this AZ or YLF.

There are two more factories which produce as excellent JLC MUT moon watches as the ones by GF and ZF: AZF and YLF

For your reference, here are the links: (ALERT: long loading time + dubious description)
  1. by GF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  2. by ZF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  3. by YLF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  4. by AZF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
As many of us already know, the movements of JLC MUT moon by GF and ZF are based on Miyota 9015, while YLF seems to use JLC clone movement. Unfortunately it is uncertain whether AZF also uses JLC clone movement. (need confirmation here!) My wild guess + little bit of wish, AZF also uses JLC clone movement.

Now the next question is, how are the AZF's and YLF's different? Do they have different goods and bads (like GF vs. ZF), or is one better than the other? Anyhow it is very pleasing to see the next generation of JLC MUT moon with major improvements!

:woot:

Last edited:

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
excellent, thank you looking good still not there .. the best compromise remains GF v2 the moon is right only in that quadrant, we should get the movement and install it in a GF v2, hopefully in a v3 version. With that movement, the prices of YLF and AZF also seem excellent, which are lower than competitors even having a clone movement.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
There are two more factories which produce as excellent JLC MUT moon watches as the ones by GF and ZF: AZF and YLF

For your reference, here are the links: (ALERT: long loading time + dubious description)
  1. by GF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  2. by ZF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  3. by YLF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
  4. by AZF: https://www.noobwatch03.io/jaeger-le...s-jlc-925.html
As many of us already know, the movements of JLC MUT moon by GF and ZF are based on Miyota 9015, while YLF seems to use JLC clone movement. Unfortunately it is uncertain whether AZF also uses JLC clone movement. (need confirmation here!) My wild guess + little bit of wish, AZF also uses JLC clone movement.

Now the next question is, how are the AZF's and YLF's different? Do they have different goods and bads (like GF vs. ZF), or is one better than the other? Anyhow it is very pleasing to see the next generation of JLC MUT moon with major improvements!

:woot:

Thanks for all the digging. Consensus is that clone movements' reliability especially in the movement's baby stages is questionable.

Also this watch isn't an iconic timepiece like the Daytona-C or Nautilus 5711 at all, so I doubt people will be really taking the effort to make a good hybrid/franken mod.

BE9

Horology Curious
20/5/20
Ontario
I agree with you all. Theoretically the "perfect" rep is available right now (by combining GF V2's moon window + VF's dial + YLF's clone movement) but it is difficult and expensive to do so. Because JLC MUT moon is a non-iconic watch just as you mentioned, I highly doubt people will put such effort and cost on this project. Both YLF and AZF came out recently so I expect to see their next generation with further improvement (if it ever happens) in far future. Hopefully GF is working on V3, with improved dial and clone movement.

Last edited:

BE9

Horology Curious
20/5/20
Ontario
While browsing these readily available candidates, I noticed that AZF's rotor seems more of gold than rosegold. Please refer to photo below and the link I provided earlier:

The moonphase module of AZF Jlc is more stereoscopic.
If this AZF watch truly has a stereoscopic moon (like GF's), however, this dilemma develops:

AZF ("correct" dial with stereoscopic moon + "incorrect" display back with gold decorated rotor)
vs.
YLF ("incorrect" dial with flat moon + "correct" display back with rosegold decorated rotor)
Given that the AZF does produce better moon, "AZF vs. YLF" will be like "GF V2 vs. ZF". Some will prefer correct look of the dial as the back is not as much shown, while the others value gen-like display back with negotiable appearance of the moon. What would be your choice?

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Having ordered a GF and being over the moon when it arrived, (no pun intended) to then looking at it through a loupe and thinking what piece of $?it Miyota or not, GF need to seriously up their game in the quality stakes. My dial is covered in tiny marks that I though were dust at first and the movement tab was rattling around inside the case back, where the muppet who assembled it sheared the screw into the movement. Last GF product I’ll buy, I know this is a YLF thread but theres a lot of love for the GF and I don’t think its well deserved.

carking07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/20
You’re making me feel better about taking the chance with YLF ????... I’ll report back on my watch if it ever arrives haha

Reactions: BE9

BE9

Horology Curious
20/5/20
Ontario
You’re making me feel better about taking the chance with YLF ????

YLF makes the best version to my standards. The only downside of theirs is just one thing: flat moon.

I’ll report back on my watch if it ever arrives haha

Please, Please, Please!!! I especially want to take a closer look at the moon window. If found not too bothersome, I will get one for my dad!

Last edited:

carking07

14/3/20
Please, Please, Please!!! I especially want to take a closer look at the moon window. If found not too bothersome, I will get one for my dad!

Honestly, they suspiciously didn’t have the moon in window when I got QC pics. I asked if they could rotate it into window and was told they don’t adjust the moon for QC pics but could confirm it looked great. We shall see.

k94n99

29/3/20
Is the black dial available either with YLF or AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
These look great thanks for sharing guys. Has anyone been able to confirm if the movement is indeed a clone movement?

Looking to add a moonphase watch to my collection and am really conserving this factories JLC moonphase

LHD_Kid

6/4/20
Well, having waited weeks for Li to source the YLF version of the ultrathin moon (as well as the reserve du marche)... It will not happen.

After receiving a lot of examples, all had significant issues. So much so, Li never even checked with me, he said they were ALL really bad.

We agreed to abandon the order of both watches (I will change to something else, instead of cancelling)

Thanks to Li@Jtime for his honesty and trustworthiness...

Reactions: The Fixer

Bendori

2/5/16
Well, having waited weeks for Li to source the YLF version of the ultrathin moon (as well as the reserve du marche)... It will not happen.

After receiving a lot of examples, all had significant issues. So much so, Li never even checked with me, he said they were ALL really bad.

We agreed to abandon the order of both watches (I will change to something else, instead of cancelling)

Thanks to Li@Jtime for his honesty and trustworthiness...

YLG QC is an absolute joke. I bet the ones who assemble the watches bet against each other on who assembles the shittiest watch in the house.

Reactions: pompompurin