• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Request for Comparison of ZF vs GF Master Ultrathin Moon

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok, so it seems kombazz has both the ZF and GF v2 version of the master ultrathin moon.

Can we use this thread to compare the ZF and GF?

Anyone with insight into the pros and cons of these versions please chime in.

Reactions: nonox

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
I can post my GF v2 on here and someone else can post their ZF. I have the rose gold and white dial. Let me know if that's something you'd like if in the case who you said isn't going to abide :)

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19

tried getting a good shot of the dial and also of the moon phase area. Anyone have a ZF to compare to?

kombazz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/14
7640178be3354c423b18c0b12c72b5f8.jpg

ZF on watch stand, shining moon phase is GFv2

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It seems like the overall consensus is that the GF has a better moon phase. I agree it really is closer to gen and comes alive when the light shines on it. As compared to the ZF which moon appears dull.

The ZF has better dial, textured and comes to life, especially the black one. The JLC writing on the dial of the ZF is also closer to gen. Overall the fit and finish of the ZF case is better finished. However, the ZF has some issues with the hour markers being raised or curled, which some have noticed in the gen as well. In my opinion the hour markers can be fixed by a good watch repair man and should not be a deciding factor for which one to buy.

Here is my plan, and experts please chime in if this is possible.

1. Purchase ZF JLC Master Ultrathin Moon (black dial)
2. Source GF moon dial
3. Send to modder to install GF moon dial into ZF
4. Bob's your uncle (not sure what that means but heard it in a movie)

Thoughts?

Reactions: Rainbowkin

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I've tried on the gen. It had raised markers and the moon was more like the GF

dfed4bbb504fb8c3decd88d06ac0bae7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kombazz

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
It seems like the overall consensus is that the GF has a better moon phase. I agree it really is closer to gen and comes alive when the light shines on it. As compared to the ZF which moon appears dull.

The ZF has better dial, textured and comes to life, especially the black one. The JLC writing on the dial of the ZF is also closer to gen. Overall the fit and finish of the ZF case is better finished. However, the ZF has some issues with the hour markers being raised or curled, which some have noticed in the gen as well. In my opinion the hour markers can be fixed by a good watch repair man and should not be a deciding factor for which one to buy.

Here is my plan, and experts please chime in if this is possible.

1. Purchase ZF JLC Master Ultrathin Moon (black dial)
2. Source GF moon dial
3. Send to modder to install GF moon dial into ZF
4. Bob's your uncle (not sure what that means but heard it in a movie)

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan to me, but I don't know what specifically the GF v2 improved on and I can't seem to find a review anywhere, especially when compared to the ZF.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I read through 123 pages of information about the ZF version and toward the end there was a brief comparison between ZF and GF V2. I started this thread so we could get some clarity.

After reflecting a while...maybe I'll just get the GF V2. Lol

It seems to be the better choice overall. I can live with the JLC font a little off on the dial. The moon is important to me because it really stands out when light hits it.

The only problem is people have stated the ZF black dial is very vibrant and textured well. I wish someone would post a GF V2 black dial. I have seen the ZF black dial and it looks great.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Sounds like a good plan to me, but I don't know what specifically the GF v2 improved on and I can't seem to find a review anywhere, especially when compared to the ZF.

The pinion was fixed on the GF V2. That's what I read in the 123 page thread. Not sure which page now. Lol

zalifon

Looking Around
22/10/19

tried getting a good shot of the dial and also of the moon phase area. Anyone have a ZF to compare to?

Wow thats beautiful... Can really see the difference (moon) here. Anyone know if GF make these in rose gold with the grey dial? It is damn sexy but so far I've only encountered ZF batches with it.