• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC Question] Jaeger Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moonphase GF V2

G4designs

Looking Around
1/8/19
This is my first rep - - a Jaeger Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moonphase GF V2 from PureTime. I have tried to do as much research as possible including going through as many pics of QCs and gens as I could.

I know we're not allowed to blindly post QCs and that not my goal. I want to know if I'm an asshole for RLing this due to the 5, 11, and half of the 12 having more float than usual?

The left side of the 12 looks misaligned because the peel is so bad. It's something that would bother me whenever I put it on.

https://imgur.com/a/8ERjMzP

Whats the process of rejecting a QC? Is there a chance the next one will be in worse shape? I'm otherwise really happy with it!

Thank you!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Every chance. The watch is absolutely fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This is my first rep - - a Jaeger Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moonphase GF V2 from PureTime. I have tried to do as much research as possible (Obviously not) including going through as many pics of QCs and gens as I could. (Because this rep should look exactly like the gen)

I know we're not allowed to blindly post QCs and that not my goal. (Yes it is) I want to know if I'm an asshole (You definitely are) for RLing this due to the 5, 11, and half of the 12 having more float (Huh?) than usual? (You're high)

The left side of the 12 looks misaligned because the peel (Like a banana?) is so bad. It's something that would bother me whenever I put it on. (Go gen)

https://imgur.com/a/8ERjMzP

Whats the process of rejecting a QC? (Good lord) Is there a chance the next one will be in worse shape? (I sure hope so) I'm otherwise really happy with it! (I can tell)

Thank you!

Welcome to RWI. I see you just joined today and this is your first and only post. I tried to be as helpful as possible by replying to your questions above.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I really would like to help, but I'm lost in all these technical terms.

What is 'float' - precisely what's an acceptable level of float - more importantly, what's considered more float than usual ?

Peel - and when it's bad, what does that mean ?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Welcome to RWI. I see you just joined today and this is your first and only post. I tried to be as helpful as possible by replying to your questions above.

Haha I enjoyed reading your helpful feedback. Can I pm you my QC's for equal levels of discussion and commentary?

G4designs

Looking Around
1/8/19
tripdog Peel/Float, as in the markers are peeling from face like bad stickers. I'm not crazy, these are terms I saw browsing here and the RepTime subreddit (I probably shouldn't have assumed they were correct)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
tripdog Peel/Float, as in the markers are peeling from face like bad stickers. I'm not crazy, these are terms I saw browsing here and the RepTime subreddit (I probably shouldn't have assumed they were correct)

If it was on RepTime on Reddit it must be true.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
By people who have no idea what they are talking about.

The indices are all going to look different at different angles

They are all installed the same way, there's no variance in peel or lift or whatever they are going on about

ce75fce17aaa0430de2ae0e33b957910.jpg

148658e7d8aeafd706c874865d775ccf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moopsy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/19
I have a ZF moonphase. This GF model you’re QCing looks excellent. Green light it.

As far as float on the markers, it even happens a bit on the gen moonphase models I’ve seen in person, and it’s a common flaw that isn’t noticeable on the wrist and you’ll likely get more of the same on the next watch you’re TD shows you too.

Remember you’re nitpicking things that you literally could only tell from seeing with your eyes 18 inches away from the watch. Good luck.

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
This black one looks nice. Comparing the black vs the silver, which is a more getting one?? Any members have any views?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
On the black one they completely missed the AR coating, it's really subtle and the reflections are strong while on the gen you can barely see the crystal at certain angles.