• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC MASTER GEOGRAPHIC REAL PRSS ZF 1:1 COULD THIS ONE BE IT

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Is it suppose to turn independently? Gmt hand on my Rolex GMT doesn’t turn independently of the hands. I’m not an expert tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should move independently or freeze (so you can adjust the main hours hand) if you turn the other side.
On the gen it should move when you change the cities dial. This is the difference between a world timer and a "simple" 2ed time zone...

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
It should move independently or freeze (so you can adjust the main hours hand) if you turn the other side.
On the gen it should move when you change the cities dial. This is the difference between a world timer and a "simple" 2ed time zone...

Ah I see. Thanks.

@EnglishGent are you available to review the watch against your gen, if I send it over?

lepetitamericain

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/19
I have watched the video closely. In order to have the 2nd timezone show a different time, you set the time forward until you reach the desired time on the travel time display including day / night indicator. You then set the local time backwards to display your local time. Then you set the city wheel to the time zone that is displayed on the 2nd time zone indicator. Set the date. Be done. Definitely a watch you want to keep on a winder lol

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I have watched the video closely. In order to have the 2nd timezone show a different time, you set the time forward until you reach the desired time on the travel time display including day / night indicator. You then set the local time backwards to display your local time. Then you set the city wheel to the time zone that is displayed on the 2nd time zone indicator. Set the date. Be done. Definitely a watch you want to keep on a winder lol

Well spotted. Thanks.

I personally don’t care for tracking time in a different zone. Only takes 2 seconds to add or subtract 5 hours (or whatever) to determine the time in a place of interest. I just like the fact that all the dials essentially “work” and nothing is faux. You can mess around with the city wheel and the am/pm indicator etc to pass time....working reserve indicator is a cool function.

The quality of the build is amazing. Fit and finish looks great. Strap is usual junk. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and csthe

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
Thanks for the video. Can you confirm that winding back to set the local time works? Sure looks like winding backwards moves both dials.

Really nice looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: KSwatches

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
Well spotted. Thanks.

I personally don’t care for tracking time in a different zone. Only takes 2 seconds to add or subtract 5 hours (or whatever) to determine the time in a place of interest. I just like the fact that all the dials essentially “work” and nothing is faux. You can mess around with the city wheel and the am/pm indicator etc to pass time....working reserve indicator is a cool function.

The quality of the build is amazing. Fit and finish looks great. Strap is usual junk. Lol.

It’s a remarkable rep for sure. I have the ZF Calatrava 5296 and couldn’t be happier. They are really good with dress watches. The functions don’t work as per gen but they do all work which in my opinion is really remarkable based on a Miyota 9015. I might get one and take it apart just to see how they’ve done it. The only concern i would have is that if one of the added parts breaks down, there’s no replacement really, other than a new movement / watch. So a service upfront might be wise

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
Thanks for the video. Can you confirm that winding back to set the local time works? Sure looks like winding backwards moves both dials.

Really nice looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

From what i saw, winding backwards does move both dial minute hands but the hour hand and day/night indicator of the small dial stay where they are. When you wind forward, both hour and minute plus day/night indicator on both dials advance forward. That’s how it’s done. Absolutely not as elegant as on the genuine but well done for some added wheels and a top plate.

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Personally I never use the GMT hand on a GMT watch let alone mess around with something like this (even if it worked as per gen). It just takes too long for me to determine secondary time from a gmt hand (too many hands on one dial) or from a tiny sub-Dial such as on this JLC.

It’s easier for me to read the primary time and mentally add/subtract hours in my head to determine time in place of interest.

Note the strap on this wears quite large. I have 6.75” wrist and it’s a little loose.

953fbab49752a1dac6b63f90d26418a7.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

mnytm

Horology Curious
17/6/19
So I have been wearing mine on a custom ziczac for a couple of weeks with a deployant from the GF ultra thin. The stock strap was not wearable. In fact, I’m pretty sure the deployant I received was constructed incorrectly, because it did not come on the strap from the TD and I can’t get it to fit on the strap, so it’s basically garbage.

Strap issues aside, the watch itself is absolutely gorgeous. I have minor issues with the fact that the 2nd time zone hands are not meaningfully different from one another in length, making it hard to read, but everything else is great. There is also the typical miyota loudness. It is quieter than my ZF Calatrava and louder than my GF MUT moon. YMMV.

With regard to the functionality, I will say that this is the best time keeping rep In my collection. It is 5 seconds fast per day on a winder. I am not sure how power efficient it is, though. The reserve drops over time even at 2000 turns per day.

The second time zone functions somewhat strangely but it does work. Going forward the time on both dial and subdial changes. Going backwards, only the minute hand changes, which allows you to set the subdial hour independently. There is a sight issue with the alignment of my subdial minute hand; it is slightly out of sync with the main minute hand, but not a big deal.

Overall, I’m very happy with my purchase. I think the watch looks and feels great and it is well made. As I mentioned, I have some minor issues with various aspects but nothing that would keep me from loving it.

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Looking good!
Could you check how long does a full winding last? Gen is 40~ hours.
I have it fully wound and put it in watch box. After 20 hours, it remains half and point to 20 marker. And it just stopped now, about 38.5 hours.

Reactions: Almog

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
8e9dccf9338025f35ba769fadc0f8808.jpg

Just received mine yesterday. This is my favourite new rep in quite some time, perhaps since the AP Millenary came out.

Lovely! I’d love to see the Millenary too! Do you have pics somewhere?

Last edited:

Rubens233

Horology Curious
16/1/17
Thanks guys - found this really useful.

Thinking of placing an order. MNYTM/Riponlea, who did you guys order from.

Seen the videos on trusty time so thinking of placing an order with them but I don't see them on the TD list

ripponlea

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Thanks guys - found this really useful.

Thinking of placing an order. MNYTM/Riponlea, who did you guys order from.

Seen the videos on trusty time so thinking of placing an order with them but I don't see them on the TD list

I ordered from CT. Took awhile but it arrived nonetheless.

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
Finally got a chance to unwrap it:

66a48e713c8d6766a5b4063199626054.jpg

It’s stunning. Have a video of functionality, not sure how to post it.

It seems like the hour hand on the second time zone is shorter but the date hand is longer, I wonder if this was misplace intentionally by the factory and can be switch, for me that would be perfect. I ordered mine and will PM Tickleshoes if he can change the hands which would be awesome.

Oh and by the way the watch looks amazing!

Last edited:

svdlippe

Horology Curious
2/1/11
I'm very interested in this watch. Can someone who bought it share their experience on the amount of noise the movement makes compared to other watches you own?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I'm very interested in this watch. Can someone who bought it share their experience on the amount of noise the movement makes compared to other watches you own?

I’ve handled more of these than most, rotor noise has not been an issue. However, i can’t guarantee that your Miyota movement is going to be silent...depends how much lube they used etc. But I wouldn’t let that stop you buying one if you like the style
c9224bbecbe1c1836394deb408f30ece.jpg

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
I’ve handled more of these than most, rotor noise has not been an issue. However, i can’t guarantee that your Miyota movement is going to be silent...depends how much lube they used etc. But I wouldn’t let that stop you buying one if you like the style
c9224bbecbe1c1836394deb408f30ece.jpg

how did you adjust the gmt hands?