• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are the key differences between ZF, GF, & VF? (JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon)

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Indeed your 6 o’clock marker seems off ..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
finding a good example from both factories is so hard on this model, especially when viewing QC large pics. I went through 6 pieces before settling on one, all for having slightly crooked/misplaced mostly at markers at 6 or 12. Yours at 6 for example not pointing at the 16 date dot, However... when I finally received mine which was still not perfect, once in hand it was not noticeable on the wrist. Sometimes we need to take a chill pill and accept the limitations, it's still a great piece, I just wish mine would come back in time for Christmas as I am dying to see prof's work on my crystal.

Shame he does not respond to my last couple of emails when asking for an update, but this is quite usual with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kang_salavtore

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
TD has acquired another GFv2 already and it’s good so I’ve accepted it. Now I’ll need to wait for triangular shipping over Xmas.

For those who who already own the watch, how do you accurately set the moonphase?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
TD has acquired another GFv2 already and it’s good so I’ve accepted it. Now I’ll need to wait for triangular shipping over Xmas.

For those who who already own the watch, how do you accurately set the moonphase?

Setting the moon phase

the Master Moon watch has a moon phase display. it is cor-rected using the corrector at 8 o’clock, which allows the disc to jump forward by one-day. Use the corrector provided as follows: each press moves the disc one day forward. in order to cor-rect the moon phases accurately, calculate the number of days that have elapsed since the last full moon using the calendar at the end of this user manual and, using the corrector provided, centre the moon in the aperture, then move the disc forwards according to the number of days that have elapsed since the last full moon

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
I would have loved showing you pics of mine, but got stopped at customs ..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
GF (silver dial) vs ZF (gray dial)
1dea11aec48066ddea2e7303155d4473.jpeg

I’ve handled more than most. To my eyes the overall quality, shine, beauty is the same between the two factories. If you compare pictures, you might conclude that one factory is better than the other but in real life and for all intents and purposes, they look the same to my eyes, with respect to the important details (dial, crystal, finish etc).

Having said that the GF strap feel marginally better than ZF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FelixS

Renowned Member
9/1/19
Munich, Germany
I received QC pics of my ordered ZF today - seems to be everything fine so far. :happy:

2 hours later I did this:

:D :party: :party: :party: :D

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
received my GF V2 and impressed with the look of it but stuggling to keep ticking and set the date and moonphase (maybe I should move more lol)

Is there a video showing what position the crown should be in to wind the watch and set the date and moon phase?

FelixS

Renowned Member
9/1/19
Munich, Germany
How did you order the strap? I just get a box asking for s reference number

I just entered a ref number which is on my rep (e.g.: for Master Ultra Thin 176.8.21.S ) and they showed me the straps that fit to my watch ...

But you can only order it at Eurpean Time 10:00 - 17:00 ... otherwise there will be a windows with „Contact our Concierge“

Just try it at different times ... you can also search for the gen watch model and then click directly on strap ... but the time is important.

I ordered one month ago 1 and received it 2 days later - and then I tried 2 weeks later for another one and it took some tries (different times) til I got directly to the order ... strange, but it works :)

Last edited:

Floris787

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20
The Netherlands
I actually want to sell my JLC MUT Moon GF V2 that I bought from Trusty Time. Please contact me if you are interested. I prefer to sell to Dutch people so you can actually pick it up and we arrange a smooth transaction.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
received my GF V2 and impressed with the look of it but stuggling to keep ticking and set the date and moonphase (maybe I should move more lol)

Is there a video showing what position the crown should be in to wind the watch and set the date and moon phase?

Use a tooth pick and the pushers on the case

To check the moon position download an app called 'The Moon' and check where it is in relation to its phase

Reactions: Fulcanelli

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
I just entered a ref number which is on my rep (e.g.: for Master Ultra Thin 176.8.21.S ) and they showed me the straps that fit to my watch ...

But you can only order it at Eurpean Time 10:00 - 17:00 ... otherwise there will be a windows with „Contact our Concierge“

Just try it at different times ... you can also search for the gen watch model and then click directly on strap ... but the time is important.

I ordered one month ago 1 and received it 2 days later - and then I tried 2 weeks later for another one and it took some tries (different times) til I got directly to the order ... strange, but it works :)

thats crazy thanks man

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Use a tooth pick and the pushers on the case

To check the moon position download an app called 'The Moon' and check where it is in relation to its phase

Thanks. I've figured out the date and moonphase now. You actually get a cool little tool with the GF rep to activate the pushers. I have a problem with either the power reserve or the crown though. Watch will stop if I take it off at night. Have tried to wind it but it doesnt seem to do much unfortunately - not sure if I am winding the crown in the right position?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thanks. I've figured out the date and moonphase now. You actually get a cool little tool with the GF rep to activate the pushers. I have a problem with either the power reserve or the crown though. Watch will stop if I take it off at night. Have tried to wind it but it doesnt seem to do much unfortunately - not sure if I am winding the crown in the right position?

40 winds clockwise first position :)

Reactions: Fulcanelli

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I actually want to sell my JLC MUT Moon GF V2 that I bought from Trusty Time. Please contact me if you are interested. I prefer to sell to Dutch people so you can actually pick it up and we arrange a smooth transaction.
Floris787
Consider this a warning. You are not allowed to sell or attempt to sell outside of the sale section. Back door selling is against our sales rules. Please take the time and get to rules section and review how we/members go about selling our watches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Floris787

Floris787

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20
The Netherlands
Floris787
Consider this a warning. You are not allowed to sell or attempt to sell outside of the sale section. Back door selling is against our sales rules. Please take the time and get to rules section and review how we/members go about selling our watches.

Hi occb2, I am sorry, did not know ,just read it. I will wait 30 days with selling and be active on this forum during this time to get me to the 25 quality post.

Reactions: Seefeld and occb2