Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the key differences between ZF, GF, & VF? (JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris787 View Post

Hi occb2, I am sorry, did not know ,just read it. I will wait 30 days with selling and be active on this forum during this time to get me to the 25 quality post.
    Sounds good brother and welcome to RWI. Take the time to read and learn. This place is a wealth of knowledge and a group of guys and gals that are freaking amazing.
    Rolex brought: 2003 16613, 2000 16610
    100% Complete Rolex built by me: 16800, 16613 black and gold., 16610LN
    Crazy builds: 5513,16610 LV, 16613 Bluesy, 16520 Zenith QFOAHDT!

Comment

Originally posted by ssouthall6 View Post

40 winds clockwise first position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Still not working unfortunately. Do you mean pull the crown out to first position and wind or wind with the crown in? It doesn’t seem to change in terms of feeling any resistance when I wind it unlike my other watches.
      Last edited by Fulcanelli; 22-01-20, 14:43.

Comment

Just had a look at the gen in the airport and noticed a few differences with the GF v2 firstly, the texture of the dial. On the gen it is way more textured. To be fair they had it under strong spot lights, but I couldn’t recreate the textured effect using the light on my phone for example. Also the moon looked completely flat on the gen. I had read on here that it should be slightly concave and the GF was better than the ZF for example. To my eye, I am not sure that’s correct.

I must say I was a little disappointed when I saw the gen. I definitely don’t think you would be called out wearing the rep but with a side by side comparison I don’t think it would stand up to scrutiny. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcanelli View Post
          Just had a look at the gen in the airport and noticed a few differences with the GF v2 firstly, the texture of the dial. On the gen it is way more textured. To be fair they had it under strong spot lights, but I couldn’t recreate the textured effect using the light on my phone for example. Also the moon looked completely flat on the gen. I had read on here that it should be slightly concave and the GF was better than the ZF for example. To my eye, I am not sure that’s correct.

I must say I was a little disappointed when I saw the gen. I definitely don’t think you would be called out wearing the rep but with a side by side comparison I don’t think it would stand up to scrutiny. Just my opinion.
          Had another look on the way back through the airport lol. This time I noticed that the gen had a plastic wrapping on! this probably accounts for the texture I could see on the dial. I stand by my previous comments regarding the moon though. To my eye the gen moon looked completely flat. Not convex and no border around the edge. I dont know if they have changed it or if people are mixing up the ZF and GF?

Interested to hear other people's comparisons on the moon with gen.

Also figured out the winding on the GFv2. If you are having trouble, its 40 winds clockwise with the crown pushed in, not pulled out at all.

Comment

More detail on the moon in the moonphase for those interested:

GF v2 - ( I own it) has a border around the edge and is slightly concave. Looks like it is a sticker applied on to the starry sky background.

ZF - (I have only seen pictures online) no border around edge and looks flat. Also looks like a sticker applied on to the starry sky background.

Gen - (seen IRL) has a border around the edge and looks flat. Does not look like a sticker imo, it looks like it is set recessed behind the starry sky background with a cut-out to see it (hope that makes sense).

So both reps are incorrect imo. On balance the GFv2 is probably closer because of the border but it is by no means perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X