• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is GF and ZF ultra thin moon the same factory?

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Thanks a lot for your pictures !

So, you who are used to super rep, you would consider this one as super rep as well ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Thanks a lot for your pictures !

So, you who are used to super rep, you would consider this one as super rep as well ?

Super rep takes into account how close it is to the gen. But a gen JLC is top of the top, so I don’t really care.

Now I own several watches in that super rep, nwbig list & comparing the finishing quality, this is a big step above.

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Thanks, really useful !

Still difficult for me to decide GF or ZF

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Every time I have a choice between GF and ZF I choose GF. In general, I think GF sets a high standard when they make a watch. I am not an expert on JLC watches. During my three years being an RWI member I have purchased many Reps from both GF and ZF. When I order a ZF watch I have to be much more careful when reviewing the QC pics. ZF does make nice Reps but their QC is very sloppy on the dials and markers. My personal opinion is that the level of quality is a ZF business choice.
Read this comment again, I can fully attest what this gentleman said.

Besides from photos alone you can already tell GF has better finish almost every where on the watch.

Reactions: PG7777

Yard

Horology Curious
17/10/18
France
2h7HX.jpg

2hE1i.jpg

2hRgp.jpg

2hN4b.jpg

2hFo5.jpg

I dont know if you got lucky with this piece in particular but its the best I have seen. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Dmage

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
GF essentially fixed most of the issues with the V2. Ive read a few posts about how some ZF hour markers are pointing up (not held down) at 2/5/8/11 hour mark. One poster claimed his 2 marker fell out when he dropped the watch on his rug. The strap on the GF is superior as well as their moon. The moon on the ZF looks like a sticker. The GF case looks more like the gen while ZF is flat (there should be indent on inside of case). Both have same movement (Miyota 9015). I also think you see more ZF posts because some sellers don’t offer GF but just ZF or V9F. Anyways both look great. but IMHO GF is better by a small margin

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
Not 100% sure but the engravings in the caseback (the golden writings i mean) seem to be better on the zf...on the gf they seem handmade, a lower quality. Got to check other zf and gf to be sure

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
First image is taken by TDs' sites. The second one from a GF and a ZF on sale in m2m. Above the GF.