• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is GF and ZF ultra thin moon the same factory?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Seriously? I pinged Puretime and they said ZF is the better choice.

I have not seen any threads on GF

The comparison is buried in one of the ZF threads.

The GF moonphase is closer to the gen, but the pinion on the date hand was wrong. They appear to have updated it in the v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoyania

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

The GF moonphase is closer to the gen, but the pinion on the date hand was wrong. They appear to have updated it in the v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT]
gf have V2 just released, they fix the problem you list

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT]
gf have V2 just released, they fix the problem you list

Yes my friend, that's exactly what I just said :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Movement is the same,
GF has better date font and moon, and also better rose gold colour of the rotor. And don't forget that ZFs had issues with misaligned markers and waterproofing.

If they updated the pinion GF is absolutely the one to buy atm.

edit: don't forget that on the black dial one, the AR coating is a different shade of blue, the GF seems to be closer to gen even though is not 100% accurate.

Last edited:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok, I was holding out for the ZF because of that 1:1 comparison, but I told Lucy that GF works too. Seems ZF has some QC issues :(

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Every time I have a choice between GF and ZF I choose GF. In general, I think GF sets a high standard when they make a watch. I am not an expert on JLC watches. During my three years being an RWI member I have purchased many Reps from both GF and ZF. When I order a ZF watch I have to be much more careful when reviewing the QC pics. ZF does make nice Reps but their QC is very sloppy on the dials and markers. My personal opinion is that the level of quality is a ZF business choice.

gashers82

1/1/14
Does anyone know the lug and clasp measurements for a replacement strap? looking to replace it asap. I'm going on the assumption that gen, zf and gf are thr same measurements

Sorry if this is in other threads already, I am looking and will up date my post if found first.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Does anyone know the lug and clasp measurements for a replacement strap? looking to replace it asap. I'm going on the assumption that gen, zf and gf are thr same measurements

Sorry if this is in other threads already, I am looking and will up date my post if found first.

21/18 curved end lugs