• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASTER ULTRA THIN MOON ZF Side by side with Gen comparison.

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
How reliable are those movements? I thought about adding a nice dresswatch to my collection and this one is really gorgeous. The only issue I see with it are the complications. I won't wear the watch that often as I'm more of a sports watch guy and I'm not sure if I would really want to set the moonphase everytime I wear this watch. That's why I'm leaning a bit more towards a simple 3 hand watch, maybe even without a date window. I'm a bit torn between this one and a gen Nomos Orion 35.

The Miyotas are pretty reliable. And best part is you can get them fixed at watch shop as their pretty standard automatic movements. And worst case You can buy the parts from their website or elsewhere, even the entire movement itself

Reactions: mpx

snaildarter

Horology Curious
23/12/19

Big fan of my ZF. Agree that the Moonphase dial color difference from gen is quite hard to see on the wrist. Not an immediate tell by any means. All in all a very strong rep

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
so glad I found this !!!I'm looking at the black JL Master Ultra Thin Moonphase. Really wanted the below but unfortunately its only a day/night not true moonphase

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
So going to probably go for the one below which is a true moonphase supposedly, fewer points of interest/complications but I s'pose the empty/clean dial also is good...

Allabouttime

Certified
27/4/20
This is a beautiful rep and next up on my list to purchase. Thanks so much for the comparison. You just solidified my decision.

boodoo

21/4/20
hey guys, very useful thread. Just ordered my JLC and got QCs today. Not sure if right place to post but would appreciate some QC help. Issues I can see:
  • The date hand is slightly off
  • Is it see me or does the JLC logo look slanted?
Pics: https://imgur.com/a/GFKs48k

This is my second set of QC pics, with the first RL was way worse with the hands completely off and markings on dial faded. This is a marked improvement and wondering if anyone with the watch will notice the issues I noted or see anything I don't.

Thanks!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
hey guys, very useful thread. Just ordered my JLC and got QCs today. Not sure if right place to post but would appreciate some QC help. Issues I can see:
  • The date hand is slightly off
  • Is it see me or does the JLC logo look slanted?
Pics: https://imgur.com/a/GFKs48k

This is my second set of QC pics, with the first RL was way worse with the hands completely off and markings on dial faded. This is a marked improvement and wondering if anyone with the watch will notice the issues I noted or see anything I don't.

Thanks!

Date hand is seems ok but JLC logo does seem slanted.

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
Date hand is seems ok but JLC logo does seem slanted.

I think the watch in the picture is slanted. If you look at the top red line it doesn’t sit on the same point on the 2 and 10 marker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I think the watch in the picture is slanted. If you look at the top red line it doesn’t sit on the same point on the 2 and 10 marker

Good catch!! Maybe it’s not slanted then. OP can check it this time ;)

Reactions: Bellatorseo

caprioles9000

22/6/17
0d74cc8724c9059b51c485cdee9d3d14.jpeg

I’ve handled/sold both ZF and Gf (various colours). I think they are both very good. Nothing looks off about either one irl. I prefer ZF overall. Just looks more premium and high quality to my eyes and that’s the main thing. GF has better strap, if that means anything.

KSwatches. Can you provide your thoughts on the RG / grey dial in the picture. It looks amazing. How is the grey in real life/day light. Love to see some more pictures if you can share.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
KSwatches. Can you provide your thoughts on the RG / grey dial in the picture. It looks amazing. How is the grey in real life/day light. Love to see some more pictures if you can share.

Gray dial is stunning. Looks very premium.

The only dial I don’t like is the white dial (personal taste), it just looks cheap IMo.

Gray sunburst is beautiful. I’m not sure if this picture captures its beauty
735694408afd4bca9d75ab6a259fa95b.plist

Reactions: HomeRye

dsinde

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/5/20
They made a great job !
the dial looks almost 1:1 (i'm not talking about the moonphase)

iandd

Known Member
24/9/19
That RG/Grey dial combo is amazing! Really seems to give the watch more depth

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
0d74cc8724c9059b51c485cdee9d3d14.jpeg

I’ve handled/sold both ZF and Gf (various colours). I think they are both very good. Nothing looks off about either one irl. I prefer ZF overall. Just looks more premium and high quality to my eyes and that’s the main thing. GF has better strap, if that means anything.

you have a lot of courage to say this thing, only in the photo the superior quality of the dial GF v2 stands out perfectly looks at 12 o'clock the indices much better GF looks at the moon phases, much better GF, the bracelet much better GF, enough to persist xon this ZF guesses just one in a million, then if you like this gold model is another matter, but avoid saying that ZF is better in front of these evident tests, just put people in difficulty.

Watch-a-say

10/10/18
The MUT moons look fantastic. I'd buy one as a dress watch if not for the fact that the size of my collection and how infrequently I would wear these means a bunch of hassle to keep setting the moonphase... :p

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
The moonphase on my gen is set by a recessed button, Google current moonphase and 5 or so quick presses with a pencil and you're done.
Unfortunately, my JLC has the day date complication and for those I don't trust not getting the manual out with that much money in precision mechanics at stake!!
It's something you live with, but by god, if the reps are near as good as they seem here to the gen, under bright sunlight or led lighting, the sharp faceted indices glint beautifully and even the black of the dial is captivating.
As a brash Breitling guy, I totally love these JLCs as they are so different to my Bentleys and sea dwellers. Gorgeous.