• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Reverso Duoface

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I perfectly understood your last posts, you didn't, here's how it went :

Someone ask you if those are close to gen, you answer some yes, another not and you specify that the gen has no dual face.
I answer that yes, it has a gen counterpart and proceed to show the link

End of story, no need to make a big deal out of it, you posted a message with a valid information but not relevant to the question asked, I corrected it, the thread can continue, you didn't even had to answer my message to be honest...

Let's stop it there and continue with interesting information about those release, I have PM box if you wish to follow this discussion

Some TDs can still have them but not all the variation that were released it seems

Yeah the one you can get from TD have incorrect reverso font + engraved back case.

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Odd in the vid they don't show setting the time on the other side...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You must have missed it, on the vid I posted, the "front face" time setting is shown at 1:00 and the back time setting at 1:21 :)

Reactions: freediver

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for your reply my man and thanks for the info and time. Looks like i need tk do more research about this release and how they compared to gen but ppf white and black one is quiet decent attempt i guess? Same thing goes with grf blue ones too? I'm not conpletely sure on the grf but ppf one looks decent anyways we need to see hands on review to be sure i guess.

legend what do you think about it?

I do not have comprehensive knowledge on this XLR8R but from what I can see, the reps do look decent. To meaningfully answer your question with sincerity, I will of course need to compare the gen and rep in person, and I have not had any opportunity to do that. So I can only tell you that from the links Glaude put down, and the video, the reps mostly look decent, without any consideration to how accurate these are.

Reactions: Allure and Glaude

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
PureTime just added two Reverso with numbers on dial.
The size claimed is : 40.5x30x12
1d35a66ded057e642f0781a412befaea.jpg

Reactions: Glaude

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
did anyone pull trigger on this? It has a few flaws - pushers for gmt should be hidden on the side, thickness, and PPF has slightly thinner numbers on the dial compared to gen. Gen also have slightly curved / on the angle lugs, reps don't. I still think its best Reverso rep, i think I would be much more happy with this than Angus' Tribute to 1931 with quartz.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
did anyone pull trigger on this? It has a few flaws - pushers for gmt should be hidden on the side, thickness, and PPF has slightly thinner numbers on the dial compared to gen. Gen also have slightly curved / on the angle lugs, reps don't. I still think its best Reverso rep, i think I would be much more happy with this than Angus' Tribute to 1931 with quartz.

Pulling the trigger on this one : https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=20782&zenid=8d11505bf5c453f59e8b55f286994b3a as we speak since it's the one with the less "flaws" (no missing pusher mainly) and I really like the white dial with blued markers

My TD confirmed that so far, PPF has nothing to do with the release of those advertised as PPF by PerfectClone

Hey guys! Any views on this?

https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.ph...8b55f286994b3a

Looks pretty dope to me!

Only glaring issue if you look at the gen side by side (https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu/fr/watches/reverso/reverso-tribute-duoface-medium/3988482.html), is the white back face is not "centered" the same way, but that's really really minor and I do really like it, if I'm happy with my first order, I may even take this one too !

Reactions: JLCgeo

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
Pulling the trigger on this one : https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=20782&zenid=8d11505bf5c453f59e8b55f286994b3a as we speak since it's the one with the less "flaws" (no missing pusher mainly) and I really like the white dial with blued markers

That is one of the most gorgeous watches I have seen. I was thinking of getting a GMTII this year but have always been on the lookout for a good JLC Reverso I liked. Please definitely post pics when you have it in-hand.

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14
Does anyone know more about this movement ? How does the duo time set up work ?
They claim it's an Asia Clone 854A/2... That means they've replicated the original JLC movement. That somehow seems very unlikely.
Both version looks really amazing, I'm very tempted but a bit on the fence with that movement.

Last edited:

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18

Crown looks recessed on the gen?

Sent from the RWI App

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18

Are there any other pics of the other face?

Sent from the RWI App

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
They claim it's an Asia Clone 854A/2... That means they've replicated the original JLC movement. That somehow seems very unlikely.
Both version looks really amazing, I'm very tempted but a bit on the fence with that movement.

Yes, Gen has crown recessed and the lugs on gen look a little more tapered toward the band. VERY, VERY curious about this model. Love the looks. Anxious to see someones post a model.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

As far as videos shows, the front timezone is operated with the crown in position 2 (the most pulled out) and the back face is operated with the crown in position 1 (like when date setting).

My guess is that they replicated part of the original movement, as they managed to get it quite thin I find, but we won't be sure until someone open it and analyse it.

It's sure is a gamble and unlikely to be repaired if something happen

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14
As far as videos shows, the front timezone is operated with the crown in position 2 (the most pulled out) and the back face is operated with the crown in position 1 (like when date setting).

My guess is that they replicated part of the original movement, as they managed to get it quite thin I find, but we won't be sure until someone open it and analyse it.

It's sure is a gamble and unlikely to be repaired if something happen

Thanks for your input.
I hate to buy a watch that I know can't be repaired. It feels just wrong.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

shortlegs

31/5/19
Haven't been this excited for a release in a while when I saw this thread, as the gen Reverso Tribute has always been my grail watch. But was rather disappointed by the thickness of 13mm, which is almost 3mm more than gen.

As much as I loved the duoface, it would probably have been a better idea to replicate a standard single faced model. They could probably get the thickness closer to gen, and also avoid any reliability issues.

Brummer2012

Horology Curious
2/11/18
As much as I loved the duoface, it would probably have been a better idea to replicate a standard single faced model. They could probably get the thickness closer to gen, and also avoid any reliability issues.

But the standard one is even thinner :eek: