• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Reverso Duoface

mgpro

Horology Curious
30/11/18
Hi guys!

I have one of my friend looking for a high-quality Jaeger Reverso with small seconds, and he will be even more happy if I can find him a duoface....
This product is not really hot now and it seems difficult to find good quality...

Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Never seen a good duoface rep, they almost all had a crown on each side, which made them look ridiculous, not to mention the height.
Currently you'll have a difficult time sourcing any reverso but it's not impossible, there's two small seconds : one in quartz and the other one in automatic.
They come in multiple colors, you better ask the TD of your choice to see if he can source you one, note that the quartz is the closest to the gen, but the ticking small second could be a deal breaker for some people

Reactions: Dmage and mgpro

m.rad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Don't think there will ever be a half decent reverso rep. The types of people who wear them would always go for a gen, even if a super rep existed IMHO.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I'm quite happy with mine and have been a lot around watch enthusiast and not a single one was fussed about it, had to tell them it was a rep.
Let's face it, even a watch enthusiast has to know the JLC reverso history pretty well to know what's wrong with the models out there.

Plus the quartz is spot on !

Reactions: BlackJaguar

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I have the quartz Reverso Tribute to 1931 (without third hand). Other than opening the watch, you can't tell the difference between gen. Measurements and fit are spot on. I also changed the strap to gen strap, and it's indistinguishable with gen.

Reactions: canopus and Glaude

Akra

11/1/17
I have the quartz Reverso Tribute to 1931 (without third hand). Other than opening the watch, you can't tell the difference between gen. Measurements and fit are spot on. I also changed the strap to gen strap, and it's indistinguishable with gen.
How long have you had it for, and how has the reverso-mechanism held up over time?

Dibs if you ever sell it by the way :)

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I’ve had it for approximately a year, and no issues with it yet. It’s a great watch.

Reactions: Akra

Artvsts

Looking Around
5/10/19
I’ve had it for approximately a year, and no issues with it yet. It’s a great watch.

Could you please tell me where did you buy it? I have been looking for it for a long time (the one with polished steel surface on the reverse of the rotating part of the watch). Thankyou :)

DARKEST

5/4/06
Could you please tell me where did you buy it? I have been looking for it for a long time (the one with polished steel surface on the reverse of the rotating part of the watch). Thankyou :)

I think that one is out of production. It was a limited run piece by Angus of Puretime.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Can someone please comment on the quality of this one vs. the puretime one http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/product&path=92&product_id=2168 . From what I've read, the screws on the back are not like on the gen, but is everything else as it should be? Can't seem to find that one without the screws and polished caseback anywhere.

Comparison with this one ? https://puretimewatch.io/reverso-ul...kers-on-black-leather-strap-ronda-quartz.html

Those are not the exact same rep, but in any event, it has nothing to do with being on puretime or toro, they don't make the watches.

And indeed there's no screw on the back on the gen, but that's not really important, it's a small little detail

neron112

Horology Curious
20/1/15
And, apart from that, it's a good rep? From the pics, it seems good, but wanted to see if anyone has it and can comment on the quality. I was thinking about comparison between this one I linked with the one that blackjaguar mentioned earlier in the thread.

I don't mind the screws, just wouldn't want to buy sth poorly built.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
And, apart from that, it's a good rep? From the pics, it seems good, but wanted to see if anyone has it and can comment on the quality. I was thinking about comparison between this one I linked with the one that blackjaguar mentioned earlier in the thread.

I don't mind the screws, just wouldn't want to buy sth poorly built.

It's said to be rock solid, it's a quartz movement. Construction quality is good but do mind alignement issue in the QC process for the markers / numbers depending the model you choose.
It's sure is very very close to the gen appart from the screws.

You'll have a hard time finding one without the London caseback though.

Reactions: neron112

neron112

Horology Curious
20/1/15
Thanks for the advice on QC! I'll think about it some more, because while googling I've seen the beautiful 'reverso' font on the gen, and can't 'unsee' this font on the rep. It really stands out for me now. Blessed ignorance. :)

I'll wait some more, try bumping wtb thread in m2m.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Which factory? And can you share more pics of it?

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
This is some translate from Chinese
Don't know what thickness, looks too thick

Produced by MG Honor The first time in the industry to break through a double-sided dual-time zone! So handsome!
  Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute double-sided dual time zone watch The simple small three-pointer front face is elegant and gentle, and the regular reverse side has day and night display and second time zone display function. The wearer only needs a moment of flipping, and the secret of the second dial is fully displayed. . There are two kinds of "faces" in the watch, which can cater to the wearer's scene, dressing and changing preferences. Not only has the potential to look good, but also can change the "face" anytime, anywhere.
Movement: 854A / 2 (million-level R & D manual machinery, one machine, double-sided, dual time zone)
Size: 49 * 29mm
Strap: Italian calfskin
b67e45d99bb6da29746076e930aad597.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk