• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap measurements for JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Hello guys,

I want to get a custom made strap for the JLC Maser Ultra Thin Moon in black colour and I dont know the exact measurements for the strap. Can someone please help me and post the measurements of his JLC strap here? The following measures I would need:

curved or straight spring bards?:
lug width on watch:
lug width on folding clasp:
long side of the strap:
short side of the strap:

I also read that the GEN strap of the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon is very very slim, probably without padding, which I am not sure about. It would be great if someone could share some information about the thickness of the strap and if it is padded or not.

Kind regards and thank you very much in advance.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
please start sharing your wrist size first. Possibly in metric unit. :)

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
curved or straight spring bards: Curved end
lug width on watch: 21mm
lug width on folding clasp: 18 mm
long side of the strap: 115/120mm
short side of the strap: 75/80mm
thickness: around 1,8-2mm. Not thicker than 2mm
No Padding
Glossy or semi glossy finish is you want it same as gen.

With this lenght the strap will fit you perfectly and the clasp will be at the center of your wrist if you like to wear it tight (like handcuff or in commercial jlc pics), but it could be a bit short if you like to wear it loose on the wrist. Keep in mind that leather will stretch a bit over time.

If you like to wear it looser you can also try 120mm/80mm. This will suit you good for both tight and loose fit.

Kind regards sir.

Reactions: rafiharsal

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
curved or straight spring bards: Curved end
lug width on watch: 21mm
lug width on folding clasp: 18 mm
long side of the strap: 115/120mm
short side of the strap: 75/80mm
thickness: around 1,8-2mm. Not thicker than 2mm
No Padding
Glossy or semi glossy finish is you want it same as gen.

With this lenght the strap will fit you perfectly and the clasp will be at the center of your wrist if you like to wear it tight (like handcuff or in commercial jlc pics), but it could be a bit short if you like to wear it loose on the wrist. Keep in mind that leather will stretch a bit over time.

If you like to wear it looser you can also try 120mm/80mm. This will suit you good for both tight and loose fit.

Kind regards sir.

Thank you very much for the detailed infos.
Much appreciated.
Do I get it right that the watch uses curved springbars on the watch head?

Concerning the size of the watch: I got issues because I think the watch will look too tiny on my wrist because the IWC portofino with 39mm and the same size looks really tiny on my wrist. I’m looking forward to your opinions

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Thank you very much for the detailed infos.
Much appreciated.
Do I get it right that the watch uses curved springbars on the watch head?

Concerning the size of the watch: I got issues because I think the watch will look too tiny on my wrist because the IWC portofino with 39mm and the same size looks really tiny on my wrist. I’m looking forward to your opinions

yes, as I wrote curved ends.

And yes it will look tiny, your wrist is pretty large but it's a dress watch so I guess it's fine. Vintage dress watches were about 36mm and were worn by many thick wrist gentlemen.;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I've got a spare one 21/18, 115/65, 2.7mm thick all black, never used and is curved bespoke for the JLC moon. Let me know if anyone wants it and I'll list it reserved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezio

Renowned Member
21/1/14
I've got a spare one 21/18, 115/65, 2.7mm thick all black, never used and is curved bespoke for the JLC moon. Let me know if anyone wants it and I'll list it reserved

Is it a rep strap

if not i could be interested shot me a pm

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Is it a rep strap

if not i could be interested shot me a pm

It's custom made by ziczac

He made me a black one and a tan one but I prefer the tan so it lives on that

6c24600ed47d630991f461a3f76d8165.jpg

mrkubix

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Hey guys,
could you guide me to a shop that makes decent straps that would fit this one?
Doesnt have to be exact fit for the JLC clasp, just need that 21mm for mounting, that would look nice.
Please advice, some pics would be appriciated!

evanshall

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Hey guys,
Doesnt have to be exact fit for the JLC clasp, just need that 21mm for mounting, that would look nice.
ziczacleather.com is a popular site for straps

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Hey guys,

Ziczac is okay for OK quality.
For better try Peterwatch Acc but you will pay around $200 USD for a very good almost gen alligator strap.

MwahahahaXYZ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/20
Hi,

Are there any curved lugs straps readily available from ZicZac leathers or does it necessarily need to be custom made?