• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help sought re JLC MUT moon movement problem

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Hi guys. I’m hoping to get some help with my zf JLC ultrathin moonphase. I noticed the minute and hour hands weren’t aligned relative to each other (ie when hour hand pointed directly at 12, the minute hand was at 20 past) so I took it to a little shop in the city. The guy fixed the alignment (but left dust and fingerprints behind), but within an hour I noticed they were out of alignment again. I think he reattached the hands incorrectly such that the minute hand was catching one of the hour markers. I took it to a proper watch smith who confirmed this problem. This second guy realigned the minute and hour hands with reference to each other and made sure the minute hand was clearing the hour markers. Unfortunately he noticed the date and moon are stuffed. The quickset doesn’t work reliably for either and the date might skip 2 or 3 dates each time I advance the hands manually by 24 hours. He guesses that after the first hack worked on it, I manually set the time and the minute hand catching the hour marker has ruined the gears for the date and moon functions.

That watchsmith says I’d need to buy a replacement movement to fix it, which he can’t source. I understood it uses a miyota 9015, but he tells me it’s a miyota 825.

So, my questions are:

1. should I send it to a watchsmith through the forums who is more familiar with reps?

2. Can someone confirm the miyota 9015 vs 825? I can’t find a miyota 825 on line at all and I imagine neither would have the gears for the date at 6 or the moonphase anyway

3. Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I should just cut my losses and use it as a 3-hander with non-working date and moonphase

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Sorry but since it is a high beat movement, shouldn't be this proof that it is a 9015? Do 8205s high beat rate exist? :confused:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It's a 9015. They will hopefully be able to transplant the working parts.

If its impossibile to save, sell it for parts. I'd buy some parts, I'm sure others would buy other parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27/9/16
How did this work out? I'm strugglign with the same issue on my watch