• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Moonphase

Thedicktator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Just received mine from Intime (the best TD I've dealt with, honest, professional and very fast!)

Now regarding the watch: From the looks of it, it looks beautiful and I will prob classify it as NWBG

However, from the feel, it is not up to par. The clasp and strap feels cheap and the SS buckle feels thin and fake

But I can live with that.

The worst part is the clunky noise it makes you can hear a mile away when you wear it. No, it is not the ticking sound, it's just not build well.

It's an Asian movement: ZF JLC Moonphase movement (Miyota 9015 based)

The wheels fly around when you move your wrist and it's a whinny clunky noise that is unacceptable.

If someone can't tell visually it's a rep, they can definitely hear it's a rep

https://imgur.com/bMbvtb9
bMbvtb9
bMbvtb9

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Regarding the clunky noise it's definetely not normal. I had that rep for a while and there was absolutely no noise. Have it serviced and see if the noise is still there. Unfortunately ZF is not famous for the quality control.

Reactions: vcappp

Thedicktator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Regarding the clunky noise it's definetely not normal. I had that rep for a while and there was absolutely no noise. Have it serviced and see if the noise is still there. Unfortunately ZF is not famous for the quality control.

So you're saying the noise can be fixed by servicing it?

Like a quick lube?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
What I'm saying is that my model was really silent, I could barely hear it ticking when putting it near my ear. But I had it serviced as soon as I received. I don't know if it's just a problem of lube or if your model is defective but I'm pretty sure that servicing it will help your situation.

Reactions: vcappp