• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon- an alternative opinion on strap

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Hi guys, I posted something similar in the main thread discussing this, but thought a separate thread on the strap is more relevant. Specifically, this post discussed the ZF strap and how "crap" it is, which seems to be everybody's opinion.

I seem to find the ZF strap to be perfectly good, not plasticky as many have claimed. Certainly doesn't feel cheap. I don't know whether I got an outlier from ZF (unlikely), or my standards are low? I certainly know what a cheap strap feels like, having bought $5 straps from eBay. I compared it to my gen IWC croc strap, both look and feel just as good.

Like most on the forums, I ordered a croc strap from Ziczac. Ziczac's strap is shinier, but that's just down to a different type of finish. The only real problem for anyone considering this is that the Ziczac strap is noticeably thicker (although I did mention what watch is was for when I ordered). The thickness is a problem when you try to fit it through the clasp; it's a tight fit, and it scracthed off some of the coating at the sides as the underside of the clasp is a bit rough/sharp :( It also isn't as supple as the ZF strap but this could change with wear.

I gave both straps to my wife for a comparison, and she said the ZF strap looks like a better strap hands down. This from a woman who has many overpriced H bags, so she certainly knows her stuff.

The only thing I really liked about the Ziczac strap is that it smells like a real leather strap should.

For those who are ordering the watch and thinking of getting the strap before the watch- don't. Wait till you have the watch in hand and then decide whether the strap is really crap. I for one find it's perfectly acceptable, and in no way cheap.

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
I usually throw the rep strap anyway but this one for the JLC is not THAT bad. It actually looks ok. I have been keeping it on for a while and it's been ace.

Reactions: vcappp

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
I usually throw the rep strap anyway but this one for the JLC is not THAT bad. It actually looks ok. I have been keeping it on for a while and it's been ace.

Great that someone actually thinks alike! Yes I've had some other reps where the straps are totally disposable.

Sorry newbie here, haven't quite worked out how to post images yet...

Reactions: vcappp

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
I find the strap really cheap tbh. Don’t think it’ll last long term but short term it’s fine and is ok.

Godfathar - I was inspired by your CF strap combo on a PP and ordered a grey strap from ZZ - love the combo!!

SmDpo.jpg

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I ordered couple of straps from ZicZac hopefully the quality will be ok (I went for non-padding versions - 2mm thick). At the moment the watch is on ostrich strap from CF and I love it
T1H88.png