• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The JLC Eyecandy Thread

pooseefila

Known Member
12/2/19
Oh Canada
thanks! Yeah this site is gonna get me into trying to mod watches so I will wait! I was thinking of wrapping the grit paper on a q-tip and doing it that way, but not sure if I can maintain the brush lines that way..

Reactions: cap923

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
380af87d693d593ab3ccfcc48d7482a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

henchr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
Norway
I ordered this AZF a little while ago, and it has been slowly making its way to me the last couple of days. I got a notification this morning that it had landed in my city, so I contacted a colleague of mine who works with DHL to see if she could help me out. She literally went through the shipment by hand, cleared it and sent it out, and I had it delivered on my workdesk 40 minutes after the plane landed. It pays to be friendly with your shipping agent! I have to say, the JLC Reserve de Marche doesn't really match my 10 ton forklift, but I just had to unbox it and slap it on my wrist. Nearly clipped a steel beam with the forklift while lost in the dial..

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
Hi mate. Gen Master Control Date or Grande Taille. 37mm. Slightly older reference 140.8.89

Gen? Well that explains why it looks so good, especially on that ostrich strap.

And 37mm too, perfect size for a classic.

TDs have some similar at 39mm and they don't look nearly so good as yours.

Health to enjoy mate.

Reactions: nuvolablue01

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Gen? Well that explains why it looks so good, especially on that ostrich strap.

And 37mm too, perfect size for a classic.

TDs have some similar at 39mm and they don't look nearly so good as yours.

Health to enjoy mate.
Thanks for your kind words.
Yes unfortunately the rep factories probably not interested in making these older classic JLC models.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
New strap for my JLC just arrived. While I liked the croc strap I had on it before, I always felt like it was too formal. With this strap I might also wear this watch with more casual clothing.

The Strap is a Kaufmann Taurillon Pastell Slim Line in Caramel, 20mm. I know, it's slightly too narrow, but the next one would have been a 22mm which would probably be a bit too large. And I don't really mind the slight gap where you can see the spring bar.

Reactions: paulvillo

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
The caramel colour looks right, the 1mm gap would annoy me a little.
very nice combination though, you’re getting there.

Reactions: mpx