• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Lecoultre Geophysic Universal Time

Volvo850

Supporter
Certified
6/5/14
These two extraordinary buddies arrived today.
I was surfing on Dhgate and searched for watches with
miyota 8215 and 9015 movements and these two also
appeared. Interesting dial. Our TDs doesnt have them, so,
just give them a chance, i thougt. 8 days from China to Germany.

Quick Review:

Pics:

Just tried to compare with gen on google, but the dial is overloaded, you love it or hate it. It is not easy to read, too
many information. Even when it is on your wrist, you need a very close look. Actually i stopped trying to compare, in
order to find flaws on the dial. You become crazy....
First flaw, measurrment, the rep is around 40,5, gen has 41,6, rep is 11 thick, gen is 11,84.
Second obvious flaw is the movement, different look.
Even i am not really sure, the rep movement is a miyota, havent got the knowledge, can also be a standard asian 21j or 23j.

Summarized, i dont really care about these "little flaws", the two buddies cost about 100 US Dollars (Dhgate) and not 15.000/25.000 US Dollars (gen).
Who will notice them? Most people dont even know Jaeger.... Nice watches, they are something really special. You like them, or hate them.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Nice find! Do you mind telling me who the seller was?

The dial is busy, but it's still easier to read than most Richard Mille or Hublot watches.

Great looking watch though!

watch_collector15

Looking Around
26/2/19
@helmut1982 that silver blue one looks amazing. Can you tell us more about the steps of the buying process (QC, etc.) you went through with TS for these Jaegers? I have never used them. Also I assume the blue leather band did not come with it, that really makes the watch! Where could I find that blue leather band, and the right size if I order the silver one?

Reactions: sasquatch951

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
They actually did a pretty good job with the dial. The gen is so "busy" anyway it'd be hard to pick out individual flaws

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Thanks, I will order one too.

Where did you buy your straps?

philster99

Looking Around
4/7/19
Can anyone confirm if the world time function actually works on this rep? The GMT ring should rotate as time passes and it should also be adjustable.

Thanks!

Philster

Volvo850

Supporter
Certified
6/5/14
straps are from Rios1931, bought them online at a german strap shop