• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JAEGER-LECOULTRE OM Factory Gen VS Rep

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
So has anyone cracked the puzzle on this yet in terms of the size?

The gen is in fact 39mm right? Side by side looks right (Assuming they are really comparing to a gen) so have we determined they are just wrong in the description?

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
So has anyone cracked the puzzle on this yet in terms of the size?

The gen is in fact 39mm right? Side by side looks right (Assuming they are really comparing to a gen) so have we determined they are just wrong in the description?

The OMF Rep is 39mm X 12 mm Working moonphase . TD numbers are wrong.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Looking forward to receiving mine. It will remind me of this Master calendar which I sold a few years ago. Different model, mine had PR on the dial

6102572698_c6d4e490eb_b.jpg

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Looking at the Gen/ rep photos in detail. These are the differences I see.

Rep Rehaut is deeper than Gen.
Rep is 1.2mm (approx 11%) fatter than gen
Pushers on crown side are space a couple of mm further apart on the Rep
The JL logo on the dial is spaced wider on the rep, however the print quality looks bolder and slightly better on the Rep
The Day Month overlays are printed thinner on the Rep
The bezel is about 0.5 mm taller on the Rep

The Rep Balance wheel and spring barrel are positioned about 10 deg different from the Gen
The Rotor is YG on the Gen and RG on the Rep

I think that's about it.

IMHO from the photos it is a great Rep. I would say NWBIG but not Super Rep, because those differences could be seen with both watches in the hand.

Nice watch I think in absolute terms. Great reliable Miyota 9015 with added module for Real Moonphase and Day Month . Great that we start getting some nice complications and still a very accurate Rep both visually and functionally.

Very good Rep. Hands Dial and case are amazing and that is what the eye settles on. Case looks well finished.

I will write a full review when mine arrives .

Reactions: Muni and vcappp

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Got QC already watch is on its way to me. Should have it by the end of next week.

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
Znxra.jpg
[/IMG]

looking at the pics seems that all the difference in terms of thickness is because of the rehaut. Bur why having a so tall rehaut if the xtral dome seems the same?

>

Last edited:

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Znxra.jpg
[/IMG]

looking at the pics seems that all the difference in terms of thickness is because of the rehaut. Bur why having a so tall rehaut if the xtral dome seems the same?

>

Maybe the cannon pinion sits a bit tall

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
That is the Miyota without the moonphase module and the triple date module

yeap, my fualt...I cant find the moonphase and the triple date movement of miyota.....

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17

Pushers on crown side are space a couple of mm further apart on the Rep
The JL logo on the dial is spaced wider on the rep, however the print quality looks bolder and slightly better on the Rep
The Day Month overlays are printed thinner on the Rep
The bezel is about 0.5 mm taller on the Rep

The Rep Balance wheel and spring barrel are positioned about 10 deg different from the Gen
The Rotor is YG on the Gen and RG on the Rep

I think that's about it.

IMHO from the photos it is a great Rep. I would say NWBIG but not Super Rep, because those differences could be seen with both watches in the hand.

Nice watch I think in absolute terms. Great reliable Miyota 9015 with added module for Real Moonphase and Day Month . Great that we start getting some nice complications and still a very accurate Rep both visually and functionally.

Very good Rep. Hands Dial and case are amazing and that is what the eye settles on. Case looks well finished.

@Omagad
early review

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
If you ask me, it is not even NWBIG due to the case thickness... just a nice rep

Case thickness is 12 mm compared to 10.80 That and the open back clearly puts it out of super rep terrotory . But it looks very much NWBIG to me I have one arriving Friday and will post a full review

Reactions: vcappp and Muni