• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most accurate rep to gen for JLC

italsteve_6

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Hey everyone.

Was wondering what JLC models, in your opinion, are the closest to gen. I generally purchase from chazing time.

Sent from the RWI App

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
If you’re lucky you can also look for a Puretime Tribute to Reverso 1931 but it’s a quartz (Ronda) movement. This version is out of stock/discontinued though so good luck finding one. There is also another version that does look just as good but the “Reverso” caseback has the screws visible which is not completely like Gen. To me the Puretime version is a super rep and I own both the Noob Navy Seals Diver Master Compressor & the Reverso. Both look amazing on the wrist!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

italsteve_6

Horology Curious
8/7/17
If you’re lucky you can also look for a Puretime Tribute to Reverso 1931 but it’s a quartz (Ronda) movement. This version is out of stock/discontinued though so good luck finding one. There is also another version that does look just as good but the “Reverso” caseback has the screws visible which is not completely like Gen. To me the Puretime version is a super rep and I own both the Noob Navy Seals Diver Master Compressor & the Reverso. Both look amazing on the wrist!

I’ll have to look around for that puretime version. Any pics to show?

Sent from the RWI App

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
b38c1cf49aedf667e2c33f2d56352f1b.jpg

Here is my vote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
My noob NSD!

36OpTdR.jpg

This one was my first rep and I’ve been very happy with the quality. I did have to repaint the bezel but all in all an amazing JLC Rep (NWBIG SuperRep)

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz71

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
My noob NSD!

36OpTdR.jpg

This one was my first rep and I’ve been very happy with the quality. I did have to repaint the bezel but all in all an amazing JLC Rep (NWBIG SuperRep)

Did you need to repaint the whole bezel or just the white?
What caused the need to repaint?
Just asking so I can tailor my care of the watch,
Thanks.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
Did you need to repaint the whole bezel or just the white?
What caused the need to repaint?
Just asking so I can tailor my care of the watch,
Thanks.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Just the white/greyish marks on the bezel. Not really sure what caused it as I just use it for my office job. It was my daily beater, so maybe scuffs with my clothes here and there but never bathed/swam with it. Can’t say for sure as it only happened on the 12-4 marks and not on the rest.

I made a post on this in the JLC section of the forum if you would like to see the pics.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Taz71