• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review on Master Control 1548420?

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
I've tried looking for reviews of this rep and there are absolutely none. I've tried following up with several members that placed an order for them and also got nothing.

My QC pictures arrived today (it took 2-3 months to source the watch).

Comparison pictures: https://imgur.com/a/OlkMiBI Original QC: https://imgur.com/a/w8bP9Jb

So there seems to be an artifact on the 9 marker since it's in different positions depending on the picture.

Alignment looks good but that really depends on the distortion and angle from the camera. Even the gen can't be determined due to these factors. Also just noted that the 10, 2, and 7 dial marker are slightly deviated.

The only issue is that the engraving on the back of the watch is not centered. What do you think?

Reactions: cbfks

cbfks

24/2/16
Wow, thanks for this.

I don't think there's any glaring issues and on the wrist it will look stunning.

From your pictures, the font looks marginally bolder on gen.

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
I think the text should have the same boldness. It might be due to: addition of contrast by JLC in post-production, me zooming in the JLC logo so it has less resolution, or me playing with the opacity slider just to illustrate the similarities between the fonts.

I can take more accurate pictures when I get the watch in person.

cbfks

24/2/16
It does look very similar indeed. I highly doubt there would be much difference if you had both watches in person.

I look forward to seeing it when you receive it.

Shame that there is a 2 month waiting time!

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Looks well made and very close to gen!

I have been waiting for this one to finally pop up but still nothing...

https://www.intime03.co/content/114-master-ultra-thin-moon-zf-gen-vs-rep

reppists any idea on the timing of the ZF release?

This watch hasn't been officially launched yet and i'm unsure about the release date (zf often changes their product launching date, sometimes due to shipment of the components). I would definitely suggest you to wait, but there are some alternatives from VF if you don't want to wait and want one so desperately right now haha
dAWI63t.jpg

NOktvFV.jpg

gCOnRjG.jpg

GNhkgua.jpg

QRUHSEB.jpg

Reactions: stoyania

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Measured from QC:

Size: 39.1 mm
Thickness: 8.8 mm

In case the pictures get taken down.

From description:

Lug to lug: 45 mm
Lug width: 20 mm

Gooch15

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/18
Wearing the gen right now and this rep looks great. Mine is a few years older with a solid case back so I can't comment on the movement, though the quarter hour indices and the blue of the second hand look fantastic.

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Update: Watch arrived today. Unfortunately I'm out of the country for a week so I'll get a full review done then.

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
https://imgur.com/a/dVMQi3v

Got some pictures in so far. My SD card reader just broke so I'm transferring from a laptop with a dedicated card reader. I'll try to get some macro shots later and a timelapse done.

Anything you're particularly interested in seeing?

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Just kidding, I don't have my reversing ring here so you'll have to wait another week for macro shots.

Korder.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
Is it a high or low beat? How would it wear on a small wrist? The strap seemed so cheap in all the TD’s photos, though your seem to be smooth.

throwawayname

Horology Curious
13/2/18
28800 vph and it wears great on a small wrist since its 45 mm lug to lug. The strap is trash, I swapped it for a $14 lakehouse leathers ASAP.

cbfks

24/2/16
Looks so nice. I want to place an order now! Thanks for the pics.