• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
It has arrived, and so far it is perfect to me.

VGnXNU.jpg

VGnLDD.jpg

VGn4y8.jpg
​​​​​​

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Really nice. Mine got here too. Ordered a couple of straps from ziczac leather. Pics coming soon. You can tell the quality of the strap is not too good. Not terrible either though imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Really nice. Mine got here too. Ordered a couple of straps from ziczac leather. Pics coming soon. You can tell the quality of the strap is not too good. Not terrible either though imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, not the best quality strap, but definitely better than the stock from my Seiko starlight cocktail time. I'll have to check out Ziczac leather. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Yes, not the best quality strap, but definitely better than the stock from my Seiko starlight cocktail time. I'll have to check out Ziczac leather. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Ziczac Straps Are really nice, but not as thin as the gen strap. Id request to either get a ultra thin custom made by ziczac or buy a gen one.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Ziczac Straps Are really nice, but not as thin as the gen strap. Id request to either get a ultra thin custom made by ziczac or buy a gen one.

Thanks Cheeps, I will do that. Sending him an email now.

Bytheway, is the crystal AR green or clear?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

Don’t understand the crystal question. I have the same watch as you do, Ivory dial. Not the black one. :)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Don’t understand the crystal question. I have the same watch as you do, Ivory dial. Not the black one. :)

I mean it's described as having a green anti-reflective coat on the crystal, but I don't see it. Does the gen have this, anyone know?

And mine is about 10.8 thick. The gen is 9.9mm. It's pretty damn close :D. Everything else is perfect on this watch, still running very accurate and nearly in-sync with my Bulova Accutron, lost about 2 seconds in 2 days.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I mean it's described as having a green anti-reflective coat on the crystal, but I don't see it. Does the gen have this, anyone know?

And mine is about 10.8 thick. The gen is 9.9mm. It's pretty damn close :D. Everything else is perfect on this watch, still running very accurate and nearly in-sync with my Bulova Accutron, lost about 2 seconds in 2 days.

My knowledge might be off but I think only the black dial version is supposed to have the green AR. Don’t quote me on it tho. I can’t see why green ar on my white dial version.

isoleucine

Horology Curious
9/5/19
C Master - I have a problem with you. You post too many nice photos of this watch. My wallet is gonna hate you for this.

Regardless - C Master, is your specimen measuring at the claimed 9.9 mm? Most of the websites say that the ZF is 1:1, which is dandy, but I'm curious about the actual piece. Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere previously in the last 100 pages or so. I may have missed it. Anyone else measure the thickness?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
C Master - I have a problem with you. You post too many nice photos of this watch. My wallet is gonna hate you for this.

Regardless - C Master, is your specimen measuring at the claimed 9.9 mm? Most of the websites say that the ZF is 1:1, which is dandy, but I'm curious about the actual piece. Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere previously in the last 100 pages or so. I may have missed it. Anyone else measure the thickness?

I will have a look at the measurement later. It wears like 10mm. However I will say there are often inconsistencies in case sizes for all the makers from my experience.

isoleucine

Horology Curious
9/5/19

Wish I could actually own one of these pieces and give you the answer directly, but it appears that the factories are giving it a green AR/anti-reflective coating. This was snapped up from the description of the ZF specimen off of trustytime.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with Greenish AR Coating like Genuine"[/FONT]

A quick google search containing the keywords 'ar coating master ultra thin' yielded no significant results relating to the gen MUT moon - although it looks like the Master Perpetual might have some blue-ish coating on the crystal. Most of the results appeared to be related to reps of JLC, not gen unfortunately.

Reactions: Mr.JC

isoleucine

Horology Curious
9/5/19
I will have a look at the measurement later. It wears like 10mm. However I will say there are often inconsistencies in case sizes for all the makers from my experience.

Oh yes thank you for your considerations. This is something that I am curious about because I have smallish wrists (6.4 ish inches). This is one of the few watches that I am legitimately considering because after trawling through hundreds of other watches, I couldn't find one with similar proportions and features to the MUT moon, gen or rep, even in the few thousand dollar range.

Also, do you smell AR coating on your piece? Another member was inquiring about it.

Reactions: Mr.JC

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

I just measured it at 10.3mm Crystal to Crystal. However the xtal stands proud by at least 0.3mm so I would imagine the case height is about correct. In my experience anything with a small bezel can appear to wear big.

VPeHFh.jpg

isoleucine

Horology Curious
9/5/19
Thanks for posting an update C Master! 1:1.04 is good enuf for me. A case difference of 100 microns/0.1 mm isn't going to absolutely kill anybody, so yeah. That is a good point however - as an example, pieces from Junghans have nigh no bezels look rather sizable.

hrirwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/5/19
After reading 120 pages and waiting for two weeks I have to post mine :)

Just received it and immediatly swapped the crappy strap with a brosway strap that I bought a few years ago. (20mm/18mm)

this watch is incredible cant stop staring at it.

V8732D.jpg

isoleucine

Horology Curious
9/5/19
After reading 120 pages and waiting for two weeks I have to post mine :)

Just received it and immediatly swapped the crappy strap with a brosway strap that I bought a few years ago. (20mm/18mm)

this watch is incredible cant stop staring at it.

It IS. I can't stop looking at pictures that C Master and the other people have been posting on the forum. If you've read all 120 pages (I skipped like, 20 pages or so), yeah you surely did your homework. Congrats on the timepiece! If you can, would love to hear any updates on your uh ... ownership experience of the watch. I'm still letting the thought of getting this piece simmering, because I only want to get one watch. This probably is going to be it.

Reactions: Mr.JC and hrirwi