• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

mrkubix

Horology Curious
18/2/19
it's against the forum rules until the point u don't have a specific question. Btw i would accept this watch

Sorry, I was about to ask about the 12 hour marks, as they seemed a bit curved to me. But I didn't wanted to suggest anything.

jmhtsai

Looking Around
16/5/14
Hey all,

Just got the QC picture, read through the forum and haven't came across to this potential issues that I am seeing. I'm wondering if I am nitpicking/ camera angles issues or if these are flaws that I should obtain another one.

https://imgur.com/a/Ofjh67Y

1) The first picture looks ok to me, but the 2nd picture with the left triangle 12 o'clock marker appears to be misaligned with the right triangle. Feels like the left triangle needs to be pushed down a hair so that the ends would be parallel to the right triangle. Not sure if this is a camera angle problem or how light is reflected.

2) The 12 o clock triangle does not align with the bottom triangle at 6 when line is drawn, could be due to bad camera angle?

Thanks for your input!

Infamy2025

Looking Around
11/3/19
I just got one of these, very happy with the quality!
chN89XO.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/DsMA2Zy

chN89XO.jpg

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It's a great rep but I reckon the keyless needs resetting on mine.

Anyone braved it yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
There's a new moonphase up on Trustytime right now, but pics only, no details on the watch. The moonphase looks raised to my eyes, which was one of the biggest faults with the watch IMO.

Let's see if it's a ZFv2

VpnXxG.jpg

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
There's a new moonphase up on Trustytime right now, but pics only, no details on the watch. The moonphase looks raised to my eyes, which was one of the biggest faults with the watch IMO.

Let's see if it's a ZFv2

Now that I thought that I could live without this watch it comes out this.:rolleyes::bang:

m.rad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18

Let's see if it's a ZFv2

VpnXxG.jpg

Is this really closer to gen? The moon looks odd and the second hand too dark... Any side by side comparisons?

Reactions: vcappp

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Is this really closer to gen? The moon looks odd and the second hand too dark... Any side by side comparisons?

why odd? keep in mind that the image is highly filtered, if you notice the sky is same colour of the second hand, so I think it's fine.

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
Hi guys, I've received the QC but I 've some doubt about the quality... Can I have some suggestions ?
In particular the indicators seems crooked. The date seems aligned with hands, but printing I can't judge if it's accurate.
What you think?

hong999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/19
I bought my MUT silver in JAN 2019, after 1 month wore it, I found my moon phase not working properly. It took 15 days to complete a cycle rather than 30 days. I suggest you all ask the seller post a video, "pull out the crown, winds the hand for 15 days or 360 hours, observe how to moon phase operate". If moon phase complete the cycle (moon rise and moon drop) in 15 days, there will be a QC issue. If the moon stop at middle of the watch, you are good to go.

I purchased mine via ZF official web, but apparently they refuse to honor the warranty by not replying my message eventhought I keep message them. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING WORKING FULL FUNCTION MOON PHASE INSTEAD OF 15 DAYS MOONPHASE.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I bought my MUT silver in JAN 2019, after 1 month wore it, I found my moon phase not working properly. It took 15 days to complete a cycle rather than 30 days. I suggest you all ask the seller post a video, "pull out the crown, winds the hand for 15 days or 360 hours, observe how to moon phase operate". If moon phase complete the cycle (moon rise and moon drop) in 15 days, there will be a QC issue. If the moon stop at middle of the watch, you are good to go.

I purchased mine via ZF official web, but apparently they refuse to honor the warranty by not replying my message eventhought I keep message them. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING WORKING FULL FUNCTION MOON PHASE INSTEAD OF 15 DAYS MOONPHASE.

Can you link ZF's official website ? :p
You have been deceived lol

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

None of the factories have "Official" websites. They do not sell directly they only sell through dealers. There are many sellers claiming to be the official factory website but they generally sell cheap junk.

Reactions: vcappp and Glaude

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hi guys, I've received the QC but I 've some doubt about the quality... Can I have some suggestions ?
In particular the indicators seems crooked. The date seems aligned with hands, but printing I can't judge if it's accurate.
What you think?

VzWb3A.jpg

VzWsGh.jpg

VzW9KD.jpg

VzWfU8.jpg

I LOVE how the TD moved the hands of your watch in order not to let you see that the 6 o'clock marker is misaligned in the close up pics (that are lower quality as well) ahahahah
outrageous.

FaBeyyy

Looking Around
14/1/19
Just pulled the trigger on it! Was just wondering if it is better to buy a 22 or 20mm strap if there is not a 21mm available which I would want. Appreciate the help!

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Just pulled the trigger on it! Was just wondering if it is better to buy a 22 or 20mm strap if there is not a 21mm available which I would want. Appreciate the help!

If you had to choose the 22 mm would be preferred over 20 mm because a too narrow strap leaves an ugly gap although it is only a 1 mm gap. Also a too narrow strap can result in less comfort wearing the watch. You can feel it when the the straps shifts from side to side across the spring bar and hits the lugs.

A 22 mm strap can be fit into a 21 mm space but it is possible that you will scuff the sides of the strap while wearing the watch. That is not a pretty sight, especially on a high end alligator strap.

So I would recommend to keep looking for a 21 mm strap. Read this topic thoroughly, There is plenty information to find a great looking 21 mm curved strap or bracelet for your watch