• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yes I guess on the silver is colourless AR

check this out

BzrzT.jpg

In the part I circled it's supposed to be a building with some windows and it looks really blurred and washed out. Do you get what I mean? In my opinion the same reflection on the rep would appear really sharp, detailed and mirrorlike, on the black dial was like that on the silver dial I'm still not sure.

Got it. If you take a pic from your rep with that reflection is the pic sharp or blurred?

because on my rep the reflection is sharp but when i take a pic the camera always makes it blurred! No matter what i do.

0range666

Horology Curious
21/9/18
Hi all.

I've purchased my first rep (ZF Master Ultrathin Moon with black dial) and while it's on the way I'm trying to find straps. I've ordered leather strap from ziczac, but struggling with finding metal one. watchgecko.com doesn't ship to my country, so I can't really order metal bracelet that was mentioned previously. All I can find is 20mm and 22mm bracelets. Will they fit?

Thanks.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Hi all.

I've purchased my first rep (ZF Master Ultrathin Moon with black dial) and while it's on the way I'm trying to find straps. I've ordered leather strap from ziczac, but struggling with finding metal one. watchgecko.com doesn't ship to my country, so I can't really order metal bracelet that was mentioned previously. All I can find is 20mm and 22mm bracelets. Will they fit?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07FD9ZFTC/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_post_ship_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.watchgecko.com/milanese-mesh-watch-strap.php

Here you go ;) you need 21mm

Reactions: vcappp

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
yes I have seen those vids but the fact is that they use a soft artificial light and plus I don't know if on the white gold there is the same crystal treatment than the black. But on the video you can see the blueish purple hue that I'm talking about, and also the lights reflect with a halo and not like a mirror, but I could be wrong.
What i know is that on the silver there is colourless AR and that avoids the wrong colour flaw, I'm curious to know if the reflection is still strong or gen like

The reflection is more or less identical. The light flares on both at certain angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N111los

Horology Curious
1/12/18
I just received my white dial moon phase the other day and it really is a beautiful watch. The only thing is the rotor is quite noisy and sounds like it is rattling when I shake the watch.

Is this normal for this movement?

should I be worried that the rotor will fall off?

d17l

Horology Curious
11/2/19
I just received my white dial moon phase the other day and it really is a beautiful watch. The only thing is the rotor is quite noisy and sounds like it is rattling when I shake the watch.

From what I've read the noise can vary. Since the movement is non-bidirectional, there will be some noise on the back wind. A previous post in this thread:

The movement: The second hand sweeps smoothly. I've read a lot of comments talking about the noisy rotor. Honestly it's NOT noisy at all. I had a JLC replica with a miyota 9015 and it was MUCH MUCH louder, for example I could hear it while switching the gear driving. This watch is absolutely silent and the rotor spins nicely and you can hear a pleasing rattle sound while winding. The moonphase works perfectly. 9/10

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18

miyota movements are all noisy, but with some oil become very silent

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
RobSe1 ssouthall6

Hey guys sorry for the late reply.

I've been analizing carefully all the crystal troubles and I've arrived to a conclusion.

About the mirrorish reflection it was just my paranoia, RobSe1 as you said it is impossible to capture them on camera because of a depth of field trouble, all the videos and pics we see are focused on the dial and the reflection gets blurred while in real life is mirror-like.

Talking about the black dial, I still feel the AR colour is wrong, but that's hard to tell because different light colours reflect with different hue colours. When I tried the gen in the AD the reflection were deep blue, I don't know if it was because of the white cold lights in the shop but I've never seen that hue on the ZF.:)

Sorry for the confusion lol.

nido

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/17
RobSe1 ssouthall6

I've been analizing carefully all the crystal troubles and I've arrived to a conclusion.

About the mirrorish reflection it was just my paranoia, RobSe1 as you said it is impossible to capture them on camera because of a depth of field trouble, all the videos and pics we see are focused on the dial and the reflection gets blurred while in real life is mirror-like.

Talking about the black dial, I still feel the AR colour is wrong, but that's hard to tell because different light colours reflect with different hue colours. When I tried the gen in the AD the reflection were deep blue, I don't know if it was because of the white cold lights in the shop but I've never seen that hue on the ZF.:)

There were some TDs that noted that the greenish hue of the A.R. is that of gen and not like others that are blue. :-/

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 ssouthall6

That‘s good to hear Bro, so the Crystal on the rep is good as it is. But you’re right it’s really confusing because of the depth field trouble ;)

on mine i can’t see any AR colour...its colourless ?

mrkubix

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Just got QC pictures.
Since it'll be my first rep, and I'm affraid I will miss something important, can you guys look and tell me if its ok?
https://imgur.com/a/E61XPrB
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: